One team we need to beat

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order to get back to the super bowl IMO is the New York Giants. If we cant get past them we wont win it all. I really think they are the team we need to get by to be the best. Lovie smith made his number 1 goal to beat the Packers when he took over the Bears head coaching position. We should make our Number 1 goal to beat the New York Giants.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps, yes, but it seems that the 49ers are that team right now.
Although the Giants did spank them last year in the Bay area.

D3uc3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE TEAM TO BEAT FOR GREEN BAY IS SEATTLE, THEY HAVE A TOP TIER DEFENSE
AND THEY CHEATING US LAST YEAR, AND NEEDLESS TO SAY MARSHAWN LYNCH!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The team we need to beat is, whoever we play on any Sunday or Monday. simple.....The Giants and 49ers may be a thorn in our side, but if we don't beat each individual opponent we`re not going anywhere.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
This years NYG team will NOT be the same as the past few years. They are missing several key players on defense, their work horse RB, and they still can't seem to get both WR's signed to a deal. I know they are close with V. Cruz but not with nicks. Eli will always be the same Eli, hit him hard a couple times and he is rattled and starts to break down and make mistakes. We will beat the NYG this time around.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order to get back to the super bowl IMO is the New York Giants. If we cant get past them we wont win it all. I really think they are the team we need to get by to be the best. Lovie smith made his number 1 goal to beat the Packers when he took over the Bears head coaching position. We should make our Number 1 goal to beat the New York Giants.

How well did that work out for Lovie?:cool:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
This years NYG team will NOT be the same as the past few years. They are missing several key players on defense, their work horse RB, and they still can't seem to get both WR's signed to a deal. I know they are close with V. Cruz but not with nicks. Eli will always be the same Eli, hit him hard a couple times and he is rattled and starts to break down and make mistakes. We will beat the NYG this time around.

Just saw yesterday that JPP had back surgery.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Personally, I want to see us beat the snot out of the 49er's. I am sick to death of seeing those shiny new license plate frames and window decals and hats and T-shirts...... here in Southern Cal. I want so badly to crush those quiche eating wine sipping, sunshine, bandwagon ****** heads. I want to see Kaperpunks face ground into the dirt.

I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND GORE AND GUTS AND VEINS IN MY TEETH. I WANT TO KILL!! KILL!! KILL!!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I want to see us beat the snot out of the 49er's. I am sick to death of seeing those shiny new license plate frames and window decals and hats and T-shirts...... here in Southern Cal. I want so badly to crush those quiche eating wine sipping, sunshine, bandwagon ****** heads. I want to see Kaperpunks face ground into the dirt.

I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND GORE AND GUTS AND VEINS IN MY TEETH. I WANT TO KILL!! KILL!! KILL!!

Just to add onto your final point there haha

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I completely understand. I went through the same thing with the Redskin fans in the 1980's. Many of the things you said apply. I used to go to Mr. Days in DC to see the Packer games. Hardly anyone had Direct TV then. That was the Infante era and each Sunday my friend and I would drive 30 miles to that bar to watch the Pack. So the Redskin fans would show up on their way to a 4 o'clock game have their drinks, act all arrogant and stand in the way of the TV screens. That's just one instance of the ******** who call themselves Redskin fans.

btw, I still hate them. They killed Lombardi is enough reason to.

Many will have other games circled on their calendar. I have the Skins game circled. We all have our ox to gore.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You need to let your feelings out and not supress them. You`ll make yourself ill. :rolleyes:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I get what you're all saying, guys ... but the team we need to beat first is unquestionably the Vikings. If the Pack doesn't win the division, those other teams mentioned here become something of a moot point, ya know?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what you're all saying, guys ... but the team we need to beat first is unquestionably the Vikings. If the Pack doesn't win the division, those other teams mentioned here become something of a moot point, ya know?

Well we could still get in as a wild card.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh for sure ... but ... one and out again? 13, I know exactly what you're saying and I wish I were wired to be optimistic ... alas ... I'm a surly ol' curmudgeon ... beaten down by the world and wallowing a sea of negativity. ;)

I'm just not convinced that Capers' defensive schemes are relevant anymore. Slow to react and adjust and ... well ... just get the living crap kicked out of them on a near weekly basis. Aside from that ... and a Super Bowl Championship 2 seasons ago...

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The question this offseason was "how do we beat the Niners." The moves conducted in the offseason have all been focused on that one question. Reason is, our defense is spectacularly bad against the run and especially the pistol formation.

Answer that question and victory against the other teams will sort itself out. Figure out how to stop the run and you beat Minnesota. Figure out how to stop the run and you beat Seattle. Figure out how to stop the run and you beat SF.

Other caveats to that theory:

1. Rodgers simply MUST be protected...PERIOD. TT has been a failure at rebuilding our O-line. It started with not adequately replacing Wahle/Rivera, (Whittaker & Klemm anyone?), and continues in his failure to replace Clifton & Tauscher, (yes I respect Bulaga but he's not at Clifton/Tauscher's level yet).

2. Run game must become a threat.

3. Rodgers must get back in sync with his receivers. His timing was off last season and this caused him to overthrow/underthrow way too often.

4. Capers. Other than 2010, he has been a failure.

The team to beat is the Niners. Do that, and the other teams we're worried about will not be a factor. If this team's defense stops the run, and the offense returns to it's 2011 form, the Super Bowl will be won 2-3 more times.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lovie Smith, lol. That pea-brained idiot. I couldn't believe his opening press conference when he said that. That was nothing but a big kiss-*** to the Chicago media and fans, so they'd go easy on him when things got tough. Um, our coach said he was here to win a Super Bowl. That's kind of how you win a Lombardi. Check-mate.

That NFC championship game - when the clock wound down after Shields iced it with the pick, seeing Lovie take his headset off and slam it to the ground, is one of my favorite memories EVER. No, Lovie - you are NOT here to beat Green Bay. F off!

As for the Giants, yeah - they sure do have our number. But, we need to beat the 49ers even more, the way things stand today. Seahawks won't be easy, either. They're primed and loaded.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for sure ... but ... one and out again? 13, I know exactly what you're saying and I wish I were wired to be optimistic ... alas ... I'm a surly ol' curmudgeon ... beaten down by the world and wallowing a sea of negativity. ;)

I'm just not convinced that Capers' defensive schemes are relevant anymore. Slow to react and adjust and ... well ... just get the living crap kicked out of them on a near weekly basis. Aside from that ... and a Super Bowl Championship 2 seasons ago...

I was just fondly remembering the route we took in 2010. ;)

And I agree wholeheartedly about Capers. :tup:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You're screaming, Dan. :) This is not the manner in which gentlemen indulge in such discourse. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

I think it's important that we're competitive in week 1 against SF. A win is not imperative, but another poor showing would not be auspicious. Getting that road win would be a big boost to early momentum, but not a necessity.

Beyond that, the must wins are 1) the first playoff game and 2) rinse and repeat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts