One Player I Kinda Feel Bad For

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember in 2006 when the Colts won the Super Bowl they sent a ring to Edgerrin James. They didn't wanna bring him back and he was a big contributor to that team for years. I remembered this and thought of one player who kinda fits that mold for our team. I think they should send Aaron Kampmann a ring. He was a big part of our team for years. As everyone knows we switched defenses to a 3-4 last year. A scheme he unfortunately doesn't fit. Then he tears his ACL at the end of last season. Needless to say we didn't resign him and he took the best offer and is now rotting away in Jacksonville. He missed the boat by ONE YEAR. He must feel like **** right now.

Anyone else think we should send him a ring a la the Colts in 2006?

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think about getting al harris one.. that man sat on IR waiting for his chance to help, only to get moved and hit the IR again

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Harris I'm fine with. He rehabbed like hell to try to play for this team this year. And he was technically a Packer for most of the season.

bbjsports

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do any of you Packer Backers feel sorry for James Jones, for dropping a sure TD pass and SEVERAL other drops in the playoffs, or does it kinda frustrate you like it does me? I was pretty ticked at Jordy for awhile Sunday too, until he made some tuff grabs at the end but MAN...when #12's throwing lasers, the WR's gotta make those plays! I'm happy with the SB XLV win, don't get me wrong - but that game coulda been spelled B-L-O-W-O-U-T !

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do any of you Packer Backers feel sorry for James Jones, for dropping a sure TD pass and SEVERAL other drops in the playoffs, or does it kinda frustrate you like it does me? I was pretty ticked at Jordy for awhile Sunday too, until he made some tuff grabs at the end but MAN...when #12's throwing lasers, the WR's gotta make those plays! I'm happy with the SB XLV win, don't get me wrong - but that game coulda been spelled B-L-O-W-O-U-T !
No that pissed me off.

How the hell did I forget about Al Harris? Yeah we should send him a ring for sure.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, I was pissed at Jones and Jordy. Although Jordy redeemed himself, and Jones made up a little with a crucial 3rd down catch. WTF does Jones almost always drop sure TD passes. It's bizarre. Granted having Driver out put more pressure on them, but in a dome, with no weather conditions, they dropped WAY TOO MANY! They made the game a nail biter instead of a blow out.

Jones would be crucified right now if we had lost that SB. He's lucky.

Wish we had Finley. That guy has HANDS and plucks those laser balls out of the air like it's no problem at all. Hope he comes back 100% next year.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

He wasn't part of this team. Not in any way, shape, or form. He spent an entire offseason and season with Jacksonville.

If you're going to send him a ring, you may as well send one to Favre.
that's laughable and reaching

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Al Harris, and he will be in the Packer HOF eventually. I liked Aaron Kampman, and the Packers tried to sign Kampman, but he decided to go with Jacksonville's better offer.

You can't give Championship rings to people who were not on the Championship team.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How? You want to send one to Kampman for all he did in the past for the franchise even though he didn't play for us this year.

Favre, like him or not, did a lot for the franchise before he left.

It's the same principle.

Egerrin James was no longer with Indy and the Colts sent him one.

It's also not entirely the same.

Favre already has a ring that he won while with the Packers.

Kampman doesn't and never had the chance to win one.

Give him a ring. And Al Harris too.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman was one of my favorite players. I would love him to receive a ring.

But I don't think it'll happen nor will I fault the Packers if it doesn't.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Egerrin James was no longer with Indy and the Colts sent him one.

It's also not entirely the same.

Favre already has a ring that he won while with the Packers.

Kampman doesn't and never had the chance to win one.

Give him a ring. And Al Harris too.
Okay, maybe Favre was a bad example, so I'll go somewhere else.

If we give one to Kampman, do we have to send one to Ahman Green? Where's the line?

I just don't believe in giving rings to guys who didn't earn them. Harris is fine to me, because he tried like hell to get back this year and was technically a Packer for most of the year. Kampman spent an entire year somewhere else. I don't think we should just gift him a ring because he was a nice guy.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see them sending him a ring, and I think that is the right choice. He is a great Packer and I hope he gets out of that situation in Jacksonville.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, maybe Favre was a bad example, so I'll go somewhere else.

If we give one to Kampman, do we have to send one to Ahman Green? Where's the line?

I just don't believe in giving rings to guys who didn't earn them. Harris is fine to me, because he tried like hell to get back this year and was technically a Packer for most of the year. Kampman spent an entire year somewhere else. I don't think we should just gift him a ring because he was a nice guy.

Exactly. I loved Kampman. Wore two of his jerseys out to death. But he moved on to another team. He had nothing to do with this team winning the super bowl. He was a great part of an older roster. If he gets one, then Ahman and KGB get one too....which is ridiculous.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman - NO. Great guy, great Packer, but not a part of the team. I doubt he would even want one. To me, I would be embarrassed to get one and not be on the team. Don't pity me!

Al Harris? He was on the team for a significant part of THIS season. I would offer one to him.

The person who shouldn't get one is James Jones. Okay, how about this? They tape the ring to a football and AR zips him one. If he catches it, he gets his ring. He drops it like he did that sure touchdown, he goes without.

Members online

Latest posts