OMG. The jury is in. The Bears suck.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
If you had to rate the QBs in the North.

AR
Stafford
Cassel/Ponder

Cutler wasn't within 5 yards of his receivers on his 3 picks.

I'm officially no longer worried about the Bears.

Cassel in Minn. That may be a bigger concern than with Ponder. But still not worried

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
Worked all night and slept through the game, but from what I've seen from the Bears so far, they are who we thought they were.

Offense is slightly improved, but Jay's still Jay. They live and die by their defense's and special teams' ability to either score or give the offense great field position. Same old Bears. Protect the ball and don't let their return game beat you, and suddenly they're as beatable as anyone.

12theTruth

You can look at it as the Bears are garbage or you can look at it as the Lions are legit. I'm thinking the latter is more the case. The Packers will have their hands full this season at least with the Bears and Lions. Not too mention the Vikes play us tough irrespective of their record it seems on an annual basis.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing Melton last week was a back breaker for the bears. Teams are going to be able to run all over them. Even with Lovie gone they still live and die by their 3 technique and his acl died last week. Despite having a new coach they are an old team. Tillman is going to be ball punching with a cane in a few weeks because his wheels are literally falling off.....old with a groin and a knee problem already.

Reaction score
There's no reason why we shouldn't win the division honestly
The fact that we have yet to play anyone in our own division makes me not worried at all about where we stand in the division... We should go at the least 5-1 in the division, if not 6 and 0

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gimme peanut tillman in our dbackfield, and I'll show you 1-2 more victories. He is longer in the tooth, but got to give him some props, the guy can ball. And I can't stand the bayers. We needed Lovie Howell to remain their coach, damn he is gone - too bad. LOL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gimme peanut tillman in our dbackfield, and I'll show you 1-2 more victories. He is longer in the tooth, but got to give him some props, the guy can ball. And I can't stand the bayers. We needed Lovie Howell to remain their coach, damn he is gone - too bad. LOL
Lovie Howell.
Took me a minute.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As I had said 100 times.....get to cutler, he gets easily rattled and starts to make dumb choices throwing the ball. We have had success with that and we need to keep the heat on him when we play the bears. Their defense is good....to a point. If you can stop them from stripping the ball away, you will be much better off. The have holes in their secondary for sure. Their O-line looks to be getting back to crap form, this time on the right side more so than the left. Forte has not been much of a running threat either. The bears always start out hot, then shoot themselves in the foot mid season.

12theTruth

As I had said 100 times.....get to cutler, he gets easily rattled and starts to make dumb choices throwing the ball. We have had success with that and we need to keep the heat on him when we play the bears. Their defense is good....to a point. If you can stop them from stripping the ball away, you will be much better off. The have holes in their secondary for sure. Their O-line looks to be getting back to crap form, this time on the right side more so than the left. Forte has not been much of a running threat either. The bears always start out hot, then shoot themselves in the foot mid season.

These things have been true and likely still are but they do have a new coaching staff which also includes a new mindset. I'm not ready to dismiss the Bears after one bad outing. Regarding the upcoming Lions game against our Pack, I'd feel much better about our defensive success against them if Casey Hayward is in the lineup.

12theTruth

I agree, but we are going to need more than just hayward back to full health.....we have a lot of guy dinged up right now.

Yeh good point, I'm kind of out of the loop lately on our injuries. I guess I erased too much from the memory banks when pushing the reset button after last week's antacid inducing performance.

OP
OP
Bus Cook

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh

That's a great point that often gets overlooked. Some QBs can get out of the pocket and tear you apart. Others fail miserably. AR is a great on the run passer. No offense but I would say the best is Ben Rothlesburger (sic). Ben and AR get out of the pocket and they are just as deadly as in the pocket. I don't mean just out of the pocket, but on the run out of the pocket. On the other hand, you have ********. On his third pic, he stepped up on the pocket, had no one in front of him or coming from the sides. He had all the time in the world and way overthrew his intended receiver, right into the gut of a Lion. The receiver was hugely open and even a bad throw may have either been incomplete or caught, but Jay was on a career day and wouldn't settle for less than his third pick.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That's a great point that often gets overlooked. Some QBs can get out of the pocket and tear you apart. Others fail miserably. AR is a great on the run passer. No offense but I would say the best is Ben Rothlesburger (sic). Ben and AR get out of the pocket and they are just as deadly as in the pocket. I don't mean just out of the pocket, but on the run out of the pocket. On the other hand, you have ********. On his third pic, he stepped up on the pocket, had no one in front of him or coming from the sides. He had all the time in the world and way overthrew his intended receiver, right into the gut of a Lion. The receiver was hugely open and even a bad throw may have either been incomplete or caught, but Jay was on a career day and wouldn't settle for less than his third pick.

Actually the best "out of pocket" passer right now, is Russell Wilson from Sea.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think bus cook was just trying to get some more +ratings on his profile with this thread.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm officially no longer worried about the Bears.

Cassel in Minn. That may be a bigger concern than with Ponder. But still not worried
Funny.
I felt that way before the Bengals game.

Oh well. Could be worse.
At least we are not back in the Roman coliseum days where they are facing the animals that the teams are named after.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My wife made me take a "bye week" on NFL football and I did so. I did not see the game and it was on in Green Bay from what I understand. I did have it on the radio, but, it's really hard to visualize a game from radio accounts. I had seen the Lions in previous games and I was thinking to myself that the Pack really don't match up well against them - their front seven appear to be a pretty formidable outfit. The Bears weak link, very similarly to the Pack has been the play of the O-line.

Still and the same ... in my rather cloistered world a Bears loss equals a Packer victory. Jay's poor play yesterday could be due a recurrence of his sprained ******. The Bears should not be rushing him back too soon.