Old Two Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still a fan of what Favre did in his time in Green Bay, not of how he behaved post-retirement. However, I was struck by the contradiction in the two following articles. In one Favre states that he'd never hold out, because he held the team in such high regard. Then we've got Andrew Brandt, who I trust more than Favre, saying that Favre - through his agent Bus Cook - threatened not to show up (hold out) because they didn't land Randy Moss.

Sorry mods - I'm sure you'll have to lock this thread when it gets out of hand.

Favre discussing all of his wishy-washy retirement talk:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/202846811.html
It was just the timing of the questions and how I answered them really were the major players in it. . . . I just wasn’t that type of player (to leverage possible retirement), regardless of what people think. It’s like holding out. I never held out. Bus (Cook), my agent is here. He knows. Had it ever gotten to a point - and it never did - when Bus would say, ‘If you hold out, you’ll get a lot of money.’ I wouldn’t have done it. He knows that as well as me. It just wasn’t in my nature. I would never, as I think someone said back then, I was holding the team hostage or something like that. The team was so much more important to me than the individual."

Brandt describing how the Packers tried but failed to sign Randy Moss in 2007:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7840048/nfl-draft-war-room
Favre was livid. I spent the rest of the draft listening to Bus Cook, his agent, express Favre's anger, along with threats to not show up. I knew Favre had long dreamed of playing with Moss, but I told him that Greg Jennings would be a star in time. Favre said he didn't have time. I explained our method of drafting and developing players, but it only served to deepen his resentment of a general manager who did not welcome his input the way previous regimes had.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm still a fan of what Favre did in his time in Green Bay, not of how he behaved post-retirement. However, I was struck by the contradiction in the two following articles. In one Favre states that he'd never hold out, because he held the team in such high regard. Then we've got Andrew Brandt, who I trust more than Favre, saying that Favre - through his agent Bus Cook - threatened not to show up (hold out) because they didn't land Randy Moss.

Sorry mods - I'm sure you'll have to lock this thread when it gets out of hand.

Favre discussing all of his wishy-washy retirement talk:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/202846811.html

Brandt describing how the Packers tried but failed to sign Randy Moss in 2007:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7840048/nfl-draft-war-room

totally agree, lock it up. That is no offence intended to you EG, I just think we all know peoples opinion of this subject.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here, let me save everyone a whole bunch of time:

Pro: Favre saved the Packers and we owe him our left nuts
Anti: Favre threw stupid INTS at the end of his career and cost us some potential SBs
Pro: If TT would have surrounded him with talent BF would have won 16 more SBs
Anti: He held the team hostage with his retire/unretire dance
Pro: TT is gay and he ran BF out of town!
Anti: BF was welcomed back up until his re-re-re-tirement. He was told it was final and the Pack had moved on. 2 weeks later he was on Greta complaining - not even calling TT first.
Pro: You TT nut #$%ckers think TT walks on water and can do no wrong
Anti: The Packers are bigger than BF. BF went to the Vikings and he stated he wanted to stick it to TT (the Packers)
Pro: He has a right to play for any team he wants when the Packers don't want him. Even Lombardi went to another team after the Packers.
Anti: Lombardi didn't do that to stick it to the Packers. He did it because he changed his mind and he did it with the utmost class and professionalism.
Anti: He texted pics of his **** to woman, he is a creep.
Pro: Okay, he isn't a choir boy, but other guys have done worse
Anti: His number should not be retired
Pro: He was fun and exciting player to watch and he was responsible for bringing a SB to GB
Anti: Yes he was. But we found out he was a low life pervert who was extremely selfish. Many players/coaches were responsible for that SB.
Pro: I don't care. What is important is he was a great QB who won a lot of games for the Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts