Okay it's official

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a bored sports fan. How many days until the Packers report to camp?

Normally, this time of year at least I can find something marginally interesting in the NBA Finals. Except for the last night - all the games have been huge blow outs.

The Brewers can offer some diversion but they are down as much as they are up. One thing I will give them, they do fight to the end of every game - you don't see them giving up and just gathering a pay check.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chick-

There's other sports. It's also a good time to do some outdoor activity. I live in an area where there's abundant opportunity to be outside. Not much is going to be happening before training camp, (almost all the coaches and front office people use this time for month-long annual vacations) so it's a good time to do that as well.

I love baseball, but I make sure I'm done outside before I come inside to watch. I also bring a radio along to hear the Brewers games.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chick, that is why they have forums, so we can talk about nothing!
:kickcan:

Also, that is why beer was invented!
:beer:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhere around 35 days to the first Packer Training Camp practice session. July 26- Rookies and first year player begin practice.Veterans report on July 27 & July 29 is First full squad practice. I will try to make as many training camp sessions as possible and will post reports on Packer Forum. Does this old Packer Fan sound anxious. I received a Packer SS Shirt and Packer visor as a father day Gifts bought from where else, The Packer Pro Shop in Atrium at Lambeau Field. So I am for Packer Footall to begin.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do any of you people on here belong to Packers Partners? We do, and I used to go on their forum, but this forum is much more interesting. I, too, get bored waiting for football. I think it is called withdrawal symptoms. Wonder if that is what it is like to withdraw from the use of alcohol or drugs.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Packer Partners......

Do you really get chances at tickets like the Team web site states? Or is that a lot of hooey?
In our Club, we have several Members with 7 & 8 game season ticket packages and they rarely ever share them unless I ask to raffle them off ahead of time with the Club members...

So far my plan is to hit Scalper's Alley unless something preferred comes out of the woodwork.

What's the scoop?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carol you need to drop a plug for our site on that forum :) Get the good memebers to come over here and see what they are missing!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Speaking of Packer Partners......

Do you really get chances at tickets like the Team web site states? Or is that a lot of hooey?
In our Club, we have several Members with 7 & 8 game season ticket packages and they rarely ever share them unless I ask to raffle them off ahead of time with the Club members...

So far my plan is to hit Scalper's Alley unless something preferred comes out of the woodwork.

What's the scoop?

I'm a member and yes, you get access to slightly above face value tickets, but they're usually club seats, which can normally be had for the same price elsewhere. We did, however, get early access for family night tickets this season, if you're a Legend member, you get a subscription to Packer Report included, there is an annual reception during training camp and you get a discount at the Pro Shop. It's a pretty good package IMO.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My friend, who is now also a Sponsor for our Club, ran a string of 29 games in-a-row for the Packers - both home & away - and now has his basement all decorated up as a complete floor turned into a Packer Shrine with all of those game tickets set in the middle of a 3ft high by 2.5ft wide picture frame, that then has all of the pics taken at each of those games surrounding the tickets.... He also has his tickets from going to both the 1996 and 1997 SuperBowl games.

Well, when going to each of these games, he was able to garner first row, or close to that, behind the Packer bench --- www.packerpics.com - and as a Club, we're working with him to have those pics distributed to anyone who would like to purchase them. Go check out that web site and see what I mean.

Apparently, for most of those games, he had a contact who was a Scout for the Packers, that would get him those tickets... Getting him to scrub up some of the same for last year's Bearsgame / Home Opener was not something he could pull off, however, and we had to run Scalper's Alley - ending up about Row 30 on the 48 yard line - still, all in all, a good place to sit for a Packer game in my book.

That was the main reason for my asking about tickets.....
This will be my girl's first time to Lambeau Field and we're probably going up a couple of days early to take in a whole day at the HOF and dine out at Nick's new place along with Brett's Steakhouse. You guys know the drill.

I also want to drive over to Appleton to have some food at Lombardi's.
We have a Wisconsin Blues/Rock band that comes down here to Indy about twice a year - he hails from Appleton - the name of the band started out at "The Jay Stulo Band" - but he's since changed it to something else... Any of you ever hear this guy play? If not, you're missing a real treat. I need to upload some of the pics I took last time he was here.... The guy is a total Cheesehead, too!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBPrez...when in the area, there is another wonderful blues rock outfit called "The Dave Steffen Band". The guy was out in San Fran in the early 1970's cutting heads with such talents as Neal Schon (Santana/Journey), John Lee Hooker, and the remaining influences from the 1960s. He was widely regarded as the guy to beat. Great artist who was doing Stevie Ray Vaughan before SRV made a name for himself. Truly blends the Hendrix influence with the blues. Last I saw of him Bill Lourdan (of Robin Trower Band fame) was his drummer. If you like SRV and guys like RORY GALLAGHER (the FINEST practitioner of rockin' blues) you will love this guy.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
I am a bored sports fan. How many days until the Packers report to camp?
Me too. Usually I have hockey to take me through the off season but not this year. This off season has felt like 2 years to me.

Later
Leopardmech

yup

and by NO means will i watch basketball, i've been watching a lot of baseball like always, but that can always do so much--i've found salvation in online poker

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without the Packers, I use golf to help pass the time until the next season starts. It gives me another excuse to drink beer. :)

Latest posts