OK I'll start a rumor...

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word out of Denver is they are looking to trade one or both first round draft picks in this draft due to salary cap implications......

Denver is looking to upgrade the WR position....aka....TO

Cowboys are more likely to be able to sign TO.....

Maybe Denver will reach and trade for Walker with one of their first round picks....if they get out of the running for TO....it solves two problems for them......obviously Javon would have to workout for them, and pass a physical before they would consider it....

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Denver has already traded one of their first round picks to the Jets for DE John Abraham. But if that is incorrect, or falls through, I would look at this scenario really hard. Not sure if I would do it, but I would definitly take a good long look.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Abraham is being packaged up to Atlanta for Schaub, if the two teams can come to some sort of agreement.

Reaction score
Thanks for the correction digs. Hm, well I would ask for Denver's higher pick, but probably wait until draft day to make the deal. Maybe wait to see who is left, and if there is someone our scouts feel can help us, I might trade Walker. Apparently, there might be a few WR's that can develop into something good early in this draft.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on cnnsi's truth and rumors that Atlanta won't trade Schaub. This makes sense as Vick is good for 1 to 2 injuries per year.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not that they ar unwilling to trade him, they are just looking for the right ofer, realizing his value given Vick's propensity to get hurt.

I would be willing to trade Javon away for a late first..plenty of quality guys there this year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could get the #22 pick for him. That's similar to where he was drafted. I think he was picked at 20th or 21st..

That be good value.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets want to trade for the Falcons' Matt Schaub, but he's an untouchable, according to two people familiar with the Falcons' thinking. The Jets would love to acquire Schaub in a package that includes defensive end John Abraham -- Atlanta is hot for the star pass rusher -- but the Falcons, concerned about Michael Vick's durability, are adamant about retaining the inexperienced but promising Schaub.
-- New York Daily News

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting idea. If Denver and Dallas are both interested in a nutjob like Owens, why wouldn't one of them be interested in Walker? It would be great to get some trade value out of him, as he has already burned his bridges in Green Bay.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Walker would just SHUT UP and PLAY he could up his value. I don't see anyone wanting to put alot inot him coming off the injury. Guess we will see.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've seen & heard, so far - TO's goin' to Dallas, period!

That leaves JW open for someone who wants T.O. Jr(jr.)....

Right now? It don't mean a hoot to me, if he's gone - I can live without the distraction and I would think Favre could, too. We got Rod Gardner and the Pack are pretty mum about last year's draft project in Terence Murphy... so, maybe - just maybe - Terence is due to give it that ol' College try..... Remember, other Players have been able to come back from that 'narrowing of the spine' scenario... suppose, the Pack could get lucky....eh?

I figure TT to go out in the Draft and grab one of the tallest WR's available!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Walker will be playing in a packer jersey next year
:-? By next year do you mean 2007 or this coming season?
Personally I don't think he will be up to playing at the beginning of the season anyway; so a trade doesn't sound that far-fetched. His attitude leaves a lot to be considered too. He's already on the outs with Brett and if Brett plays, doubt old Walker would become his favorite target.

Latest posts