OH NO! Jolly Arrested on Drug Charges.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised that possession of codeine is a felony. I thought it was just a painkiller used by dentists, and not really a recreational drug. It's not a drug I associate with addiction or the illegal drug trade, but then, I don't know much about this stuff. I'm a long way from writing off Jolly. We'll see what happens.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I'm surprised that possession of codeine is a felony. I thought it was just a painkiller used by dentists, and not really a recreational drug. It's not a drug I associate with addiction or the illegal drug trade, but then, I don't know much about this stuff. I'm a long way from writing off Jolly. We'll see what happens.

He had quite a bit Greg. I hope it works out somehow, but the Commish may be the ultimate factor.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

It can be used as a painkiller, but large amounts can be used just to "Get High".

Ted's got to do the right thing here and release Jolly. It's already a circus. We don't need this.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers are going to sit back and see how this plays out. At worst, I see Jolly getting a 4 game suspension considering this really is his first trouble he's been in since the NFL. Knowing his lawyers and if he doesn't have much of a criminal record, they'll probably do everything they can to keep him out of jail, although it will probably mean at least a minimum of a couple years probation, community service, and a hefty fine.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Texas is like most states if he pleads to a felony he is doing at least a couple months in jail with a couple of years probation. (assuming he has no prior felonies).

With the time frame of the Court process and possible probable cause issues to challenge, this may not be decided until after the season.

My guess is he is long gone from our team if he pleads or is found guilty of a felony.

Remember most players around the league that get in trouble with substances are the result of:

1. Dirty UAs
2. Misdemeanor Drugs; or
3. DWIs.

Not felony drug charges.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first read this, I thought it said "cocaine" (that's what you get working nights). 200 grams of codeine could be excusable... I say wait and see how it plays out. It's not like TT seems adverse to letting twice-convicted criminals on the team anayways (that "Packer People BS went out the window with the addition of K-Rob). Seriously... Who uses codeine to get high besides hardcore junkies and high school kids?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a stupid thing for Jolly to do, if he comes back or not I dont know I've never been too high on Jolly anyway. I think he is good, but he can be replaced.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a stupid thing for Jolly to do, if he comes back or not I dont know I've never been too high on Jolly anyway. I think he is good, but he can be replaced.

I agree CYoung. He dug his own grave. He's run of the mill, alot of other guys now have a better chance to step up. Conrad Bolston, Muir, Malone, Cole have a better chance of making the team and/or starting.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm more worried about how severly Commissioner Goodell will discipline Jolly if Jolly manages to get himself out of this mess with a slap on the wrist (so to speak).

That was what I meant. Goodell has made it blatantly obvious he is a zero tolerance type of guy.

Has Jolly been in trouble before? Goodell is pretty good about second chances. There are no thirds though...

Wasn't this very similar to the charge Kiel got when the Chargers released him. I believe he ended up getting the charges dropped by doing some kind of volunteer work.

I bet Tarvaris Jackson just sighed a breath of relief... ;)

Zeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
PACKERS’ JOLLY FACES FELONY DRUG CHARGES
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2008, 10:39 p.m.
Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly was arrested this week in Houston on felony drug possession charges, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Jolly, who is from Houston and played at Texas A&M, was arrested July 8 for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, the paper reports. He posted bail of $10,000.

Jolly started seven games for the Packers last season. He is recovering from a shoulder injury and has been very limited during off-season workouts.

Neither the Packers nor Jolly has made any public comment about the arrest.

*giggle*

=Z=

Zeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

With 200 grams of codeine, Jolly will be high on all of you.

=Z=

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those that don't know......a big part of vicoden is codeine. It can get you high.........REAL high.
Thats what hooked Favre.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

He had quite a bit Greg. I hope it works out somehow, but the Commish may be the ultimate factor.

200 grams is a lot of drug. Any drug. It is just over 7 ounces. Figure a Tylenol 3 has 30 milligrams of codeine in it. This is more like a painkiller addiction but we shall see. But he is still in deep trouble.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When I first read this, I thought it said "cocaine" (that's what you get working nights). 200 grams of codeine could be excusable... I say wait and see how it plays out.

I think thats 12500 pills

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
When I first read this, I thought it said "cocaine" (that's what you get working nights). 200 grams of codeine could be excusable... I say wait and see how it plays out.

I think thats 12500 pills
:shock: HOLY COW!!!!! :shock:
I was trying to figure out how many it would be........but my guess was not even CLOSE!!!
Where the heck did he GET all those????????

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Codine is used in Cough medicine so maybe he has a lot of sick friends. 12,500 of of em.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe an epidemic has broken out in Green Bay

Seriously, i would be scared to get caught with 5 pills of illegal codeine in my car.

I mean, how could that not be intent to distribute. If you took 10 pills EVERY DAY, that supply would last you almost 4 years.................

If he could profit a few bucks off of each pill thats like 35,000.00 Probably safe to assume thats not all the drugs he has and not the only time in his life he ever had drugs in his possession. He only makes 300k per year, not millions per year like many of them. So an "easy" 25-30k every couple of months would not be out the question. See Nate Newton.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

It can be used as a painkiller, but large amounts can be used just to "Get High".

Ted's got to do the right thing here and release Jolly. It's already a circus. We don't need this.

you do know Favre was addicted to this right? So we should just drop Favre a few years back too right. I mean Teds got to the right thing here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts