oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! JOEY THOMAS!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was in an article about the starting guards, although this has nothing to do with them:

No tell policy: Cornerbacks Joey Thomas and Ahmad Carroll were careful not to divulge which of them had won the starting left corner position.

Carroll said that he, Thomas and Jason Horton shared snaps, but Thomas made it seem as if a decision has been made.

"I'm not allowed to say," Thomas said.

now I am probably reading too much into this because I hate carroll, but it DOES sound like Thomas might have won the starting job at the CB#2 position!

If they weren't taking hostages down the street from my house, I would go dance in the street.

(seriously, they are holding hostages in the "Jewel" store down the block. People have been killed already. Sad state of affairs)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prisco is a schmuck and has always hated the Packers. What that guy doesn't know could fill a warehouse (though the Raiders do seem to be about right).

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jason horton as our starting cornerback? wow, thank god hockey season is only a month away...jason horton in uniform scares me, let alone practicing with the first team

i remember jason horton getting blown away by reggie wayne by about four whole steps in the game vs. indy

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Raider Pride said:
T.O.

You will not want to read CBS Sportline then.

NFL Power rankings are out.

Raiders #8
Vikings #10
Packers #20

RP

why play then

To keep the infantile off the streets and on the field where they belong?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Seems that you live in Irak or Afganistan!!! Take care !!!! Anyway I will go dance on the street for you !!!

Nah, just Chicago I believe. Lived there myself for a while. If it isn't it could be.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay - if this is really true about Jason Horton... then that has to be because Joey Thomas has not yet healed. Also, we heard almost right away that Batman II was NOT getting the starting job because he has sticky fingers and it causes nothing but trouble.. why put a magnet near metal...? The other Teams will focus on it and that takes away from the HC's concentration factor....

Once Joey Thomas is rested and ready - He'll get that spot for the rest of the Season.
(Not to worry - I keep reading all the time)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I would want to start Carroll against the Lions receivers for any number of reasons, one of which is that Carroll would have to jump to touch the top of their heads. :wink:

Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I don't think I would want to start Carroll against the Lions receivers for any number of reasons, one of which is that Carroll would have to jump to touch the top of their heads. :wink:

:lol: But seriously, You people need to give "Holding, 28 Defense" Carroll a chance. He is young and will improve. But the fact is that you can't teach speed. (and apparently you can't teach Carroll to stop holding...yet, i hope)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes still the same old crappy carroll.

his improvement in the video game realm over the year, would be a 68 to a 69, a 70 tops. that is too slow for improving. he wont be a 'bad' CB till 2010 at this rate.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think Carroll should be starting, but i honestly can't see where all this confidence in Joey Thomas is coming from. Thomas gets the nod because Carroll can't follow the rules. i just dont see this as a reason to celebrate.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and thomas has outplayed carroll for the most part in mini camps, and training camp. the only reason that job isnt joeys right now is because he got hurt and set him back a couple weeks. Even with that injury it looks like he is still gonna get the job.

I am not saying Joey Thomas is great. I would say he is "decent" at the most. Unfortunately for us packers fans, that is what we have to work with. He is the lesser of two evils.

I am more excited about the talented Mike Hawkins. Right now he is just too raw and inexperienced to play ball against some of the games best. Hawkins did get an interception in the preseason. :)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could get something decent for Carroll in a trade I would take it. His biggest problem is his attitude and I'm not seeing that change. Until he changes his attitude nothing else will change. Bottomline, I would sooner see us put our efforts into developing Thomas and Hawkins. At least they seem coachable with talent.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what we do -other Teams will go after that side of the field, when before AL HARRIS.. they always went after the other side of the field.... remember that? Let's hope someone steps up and takes the dare to become a second AL HARRIS - We need it.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:

Ahhh true but he would have to stay with them 1st. :lol:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh he stays with people good. he rarely gets burned. its just he humps them like a dog in heat

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is way too early to judge the young Packer secondary members like Thomas & Carroll. They only have one year of experience in NFL. However, if Carroll doesn't stop his defensive holding, he will hold his way out of a position on Packer roster. Some Packer fans don't remember the trails & tribulations of other Packer defensive seconday members of the past like Darrin Sharper, who in his first years with Packers. He looked like "a deer in headlights" his rookie year. Remember "T-Buck" Buckley years with the Packers and yet, he had a very long career in the NFL. Be careful on judging players potential on their first few years if the NFL.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
oh he stays with people good. he rarely gets burned. its just he humps them like a dog in heat
Oh I know he has the speed to stay with them, But he does fall for the 1st move and they are getting a bit of seperation thus the need to grab on hang on. That's what I meant be he needs to stay with them. He has to do it without grabing.

Members online

Latest posts