official week 1 Packers vs 9ers thread

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty weak effort by the good guys. Offense out of sync, defense more porous than last year, poor blocking, poor tackling, poor officiating, poor announcing, and we were still within a TD and 2 pointer at the end. As hard as that was to swallow, there may still be some reason to be optimistic. Outplayed in every aspect but still had a chance to win (well, tie) at the end. Bears is coming to town, hope we are ready. Lots to prove Thursday night.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb really showed something today but our o-line will cost a lot cause they were getting busted all game. Our D really is gonna give me a heart attack this year i mean the sacks were good and all but blown coverages shoulder tackling i mean come on. Hopefully we can make some adjustments cause this will not get us anywhere

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are a few things both packer and 49ers fans could agree on in this game.

1. No matter which way you cut it that was one of the worst officiating jobs I have ever seen on a professional level. Missed calls, no calls, calls that werent there. They missed everything and when it finally got lopsided it seemed like they would blow a call the other way to make sure McCarthy or Harbaugh didnt rip one of their heads off.

2. The 49ers are no fluke. They play straightforward hard nosed football in every aspect. I havent seen a team hit that hard that consistently in some time. In order to beat them you have to play mistake free football and this afternoon the packers made the big mistake with the turnover in the 4th quarter.

3. This could very well be a preview of a postseason match up and it was a post season like atmosphere (minus the refs) out there. I don't think either team has a tougher game that this one coming up.

4. Glad to see both teams come out of this game healthy. I don't know if I saw really any injuries today very big positive moving forward.

The game didn't turn out the way I hoped but it was emotional, exciting, and sort of came down the wire. Good game to the players and the fans of the 9ers and go kick some lion *** next weekend.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners: one of the best tackling teams I've seen in a while. They are better than I gave them credit for.

Packers: Cobb n Matthews looked great. Tackling was nearly as bad as last year and our LBs lack in coverage.

Refs: poor job. I won't blame them for the loss - we played poor. Still don't want the old Refs back.

W

wxman2005

What did i tell you folks! Never have all NFC teams won first game. And it holds true!

W

wxman2005

AR and MM lost this game. Simple as that. MM calls TO right before half. AR throws ball OB instead of taking knee and clock runs out. 9ers kick 63 yard FG because of blunder. The AR throws INT right after pack gets balls back being down by 8. leads to TD. 10 points. difference in game. Simple as that. Defense did not lose game. Boy wonder and mr Clueless did.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs would miss a call, then call a late call the next play, then call an untrue call the next play, then finish it off with calling a call for the other team to even it up. Unbelievable.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I think as much as Packer fans wouldn't want to admit it, Rodgers did not look like 2010 playoff or 2011 MVP Rodgers out there today. Whether that was due to him running all day or what I don't know.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR and MM lost this game. Simple as that. MM calls TO right before half. AR throws ball OB instead of taking knee and clock runs out. 9ers kick 63 yard FG because of blunder. The AR throws INT right after pack gets balls back being down by 8. leads to TD. 10 points. difference in game. Simple as that. Defense did not lose game. Boy wonder and mr Clueless did.

Yeah he joins a crew of just 3 others that have ever hit a 63 yder. But yet you bash someone else instead of giving him credit for the great achievement he just got. MM should have definitely saw that one coming. The INT on the other hand is inexcusable. That's not the MVP caliber play we have come to expect here in GB.

But you are right the offense should have to score 30+ points every game to win. Not on the D at all.

W

wxman2005

Yeah he joins a crew of just 3 others that have ever hit a 63 yder. But yet you bash someone else instead of giving him credit for the great achievement he just got. MM should have definitely saw that one coming. The INT on the other hand is inexcusable. That's not the MVP caliber play we have come to expect here in GB.

But you are right the offense should have to score 30+ points every game to win. Not on the D at all.
Oh yea, add 3rd and 1 and throw 70 yard pass to kill drive, and 4th and 10 and throwing 40 yards. Don't blame Lord rodgers.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yea, add 3rd and 1 and throw 70 yard pass to kill drive, and 4th and 10 and throwing 40 yards. Don't blame Lord rodgers.

I did blame him, he made a poor choice and through a very untimely INT in the 4th quarter. I also shook my head quite vigorously on that 3rd and 1 bomb.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its only cause it didn't work we are complaining. I mean how many times have we done that. It seems we go deep on 3rd and short more often than not it just it usually works.

All in all though Rodgers did appear a bit sluggish today not his usual crisp self

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its only cause it didn't work we are complaining. I mean how many times have we done that. It seems we go deep on 3rd and short more often than not it just it usually works.

All in all though Rodgers did appear a bit sluggish today not his usual crisp self

And I think as much as Packer fans wouldn't want to admit it, Rodgers did not look like 2010 playoff or 2011 MVP Rodgers out there today. Whether that was due to him running all day or what I don't know.

Well, that's just because the 49er defense does that to great QBs. They still get yards, but they get hit and make a few mistakes, so I wouldn't worry about Rodgers. He hung in their like a champ and made some great plays, despite having zero running game to keep the defense honest.

That said, this was BY FAR the worst officiating I have ever seen. The only good thing about it was that it happened on national TV, so maybe the NFL will feel the pressure to bring back the real refs.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that's just because the 49er defense does that to great QBs. They still get yards, but they get hit and make a few mistakes, so I wouldn't worry about Rodgers. He hung in their like a champ and made some great plays, despite having zero running game to keep the defense honest.

That said, this was BY FAR the worst officiating I have ever seen. The only good thing about it was that it happened on national TV, so maybe the NFL will feel the pressure to bring back the real refs.
That is true can't hide that type of crap now gonna force Goodell to do something

Also the lack of a running game will cost us a lot. I think most of the problem is we do so much from the gun running from the gun is rarely effective we may need to work under center more

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Did I miss something? Does anyone know why DD wasn't a part of the game?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss something? Does anyone know why DD wasn't a part of the game?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Because Jennings Nelson Jones Finley with Cobb moving all over the place is more effective than any of those combos with DD in it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Because Jennings Nelson Jones Finley with Cobb moving all over the place is more effective than any of those combos with DD in it.

Hm. I thought he might have been handy on some much needed slants across the middle. It seemed Finley had a little trouble handling them.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this. The 9ers had our number today we were nowhere near our best on offense and defense. However I still believe in this team and will continue to until we aren't in it any longer. (by it i mean the SB hunt)

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Oh well. I had this down as a loss, so I shouldn't be too upset.

However, I have predicted the next game as a win. But after today's poor showing, I am a bit more nervous. But, have faith.

Pack will beat the Bears, 30-27

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think we will beat the bears as stated above.....but....did you see how well cutler was hooking up with brandon mashall??? Holy crap!!! that combo looked leathal. Doubt we have anyone that can cover him.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! 49ers showed us how good offensive and defensive lines control the play. There was no doubt who the better team was yesterday; but it's a long season folks. If there is such a thing as rhythm in football anymore, the refs showed how to ruin it. Good or bad, their conferences after just about every play destroyed any flow in the game, making a hard game to watch even worse.

Members online

Latest posts