[OFFICIAL] Week 06 : Washington Redskins

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Week 06 : Washington Redskins

Both Randle El and Moss predicate themselves on speed, our man-to-man bump and run style of defense should slow them down dramatically.

They have a patch work OL? OMG, I'm excited!! As long as we can contain Portis and Betts we should see some nice DL play.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Campbell can be very good or mediocre. We need to get in the guys face all game long and not let him get into a rythm or he will make plays against us.

that said,i think we will walk all over the Hogs. They arent in our league.

Favre gets 300 yards and 3 td's
we get well over 100 rushing yards.
JJ bounces back for 100+ yards and a TD

Defenively
4 sacks
2 picks

Packers 34
Redskins 20

5 - 1

GO PACK !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Week 06 : Washington Redskins

I like this game,

I was expecting our wake up call to happen either with the Viqueens or the Bears and although it's never nice to lose, I felt it would be imperative for our team for it to happen early in the season, rather than later.

With the loss behind them, the focus will be on ball control, discipline and game planning for the Redskins.We will also be coming out with something to prove this time.

On paper the Skins look pretty balanced on the D end of the ball but if we use our strength ( passing for the most part ) and our D continues to play well against the rush; we have a winnable game here as long as the play calling does not go too conservative with the run.

Expect - Less Penalties, More ball control, More attitude and more game rhythm !!

Cheers :packbeer:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On paper I think Washington matches up with us very well. Their secondary has 5 solid defensive backs that will give the Packers receivers trouble. They have a potent offense with two good running backs and a Tight End who could stretch the field. They also have two very fast receivers that can out run our corners if they get the right move on them.

So this is a great test for the Packers.

I think the key to the game is getting pressure on Jason Campbell and forcing him to throw a few interceptions.

On offense it's taking care of the football and committing little to zero penalties.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I'm not too worried about Jason Campbell. I think he's a decent QB, but I think our corners and DL will give him hell.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My main worry is actually penalties in this one. Redskins play very physical defense these days so it is important not to get called for holding against them. Another penalty I potentially worry about is pass interference against the deep ball because you know Jason will throw at least one of those in this game.

Should be a good game regardless. I see another close one here.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I found this on ESPN, I think its a good at-a-glance analysis of the Skins

Hey, I'm a link!

Redskins at Packers
Both the Redskins and Packers are one-loss teams playing very good football. That's why to watch! The Redskins are playing well in all phases of the game and seem to be improving each week. Young Redskins QB Jason Campbell has demonstrated that he can run the offense and make the right decisions to put Washington in a position to win games. The offensive play calling in Washington has been on point the last few weeks and offensive coordinator Al Saunders has opposing defenses playing on their heels. The Redskins defense is also playing at a high level and did so last weekend taking away the dangerous Detroit passing attack.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

great... a great battle between two one loss teams.... two teams loved all over the nation

and i get to watch infomercials and frickin bullriding until 4 oclock....

then at 4 oclock i get to watch the Panthers v Cardinals.

seriously i could kill someone for this. THE PANTHERS V THE CARDINALS... it doesnt get much worse than that.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

great... a great battle between two one loss teams.... two teams loved all over the nation

seriously i could kill someone for this. THE PANTHERS V THE CARDINALS... it doesnt get much worse than that.
Yeah I have to watch the Rams@Batlimore :roll: So I might go to Classic Sports this Sunday instead.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I'm stuck watching...
Redskins at Packers

:shrug:

heh ;)
no worries though guys, I'm sure Ryan(like myself) will have his PbP server up to help you out.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll be at Rafters in Orange Beach, Alabama.

The Shrimp Festival is this weekend and they expect 300,000 people in Gulf Shores so hopefully Rafters will be slow.

Normally I go to Papa Roco's but that is in the Hub of Gulf Shores and there is no way I'm getting down there this weekend.

Y'all have a brat for me and I'll be taking down some oysters on the half shell.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Packnic said:

Yeah I have to watch the Rams@Batlimore :roll: So I might go to Classic Sports this Sunday instead.

Crack open the wallet and buy yourself the NFL sunday ticket, with the earlybird renewal I think I paid 159 this year.

You will be spoiled in a Sunday with it..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Let's not pollute this thread with talk about DirecTV please :p

What are the main keys to the game guys?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What are the main keys to the game guys?

Seriously, I think they are going to put up some big points with the pass and I think the way to beat them on offense is to stretch that field and beat them with the pass.

This is the best balanced defensive team we have had to go against ( 8th against the pass, 8th against the run ) So I sure hope we don't try running it "too much" because I don't believe this is the team to experiment on with our run game !!

I really think our ball control, turn over ratio and general game attitude will be better this game though and feel those will be the deciding factors. I wouldn't be surprised to see 28 to 21 for us after last weeks shake up !!!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Covering Cooley in the red zone, he has 3 TD's so far and TE have hurt us all year. Also Portis and Betts are both threats that if shut down, puts the weight on Campbell.

allhailgibbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hello all... skins fan here.

here is to a close and injury free game. I invite you all to come and discuss at extremeskins.com as well.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Hello all... skins fan here.

here is to a close and injury free game. I invite you all to come and discuss at extremeskins.com as well.

Code:
Threads: 204,556, Posts: 4,251,315, Members: 69,298
Welcome to our newest member, ALJOE

Wow, that's impressive.

PS, updated the rankings in the initial thread.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

our D should be able to handle them fairly easily against their offense but our tough spot will be our running game. Luckily Brett has enough tricks up his sleeve to keep that ball moving and I think that will be the biggest factor on completed plays. The offense still needs some work so lets hope they got some running and passing plays down that caused problems vs the bears in the second half of that game.
The high projected for Sunday will only be in the mid-50s so being a cooler day, the Pack should play a bit better overall. I do think the heat was a major issue in the last game.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

our D should be able to handle them fairly easily against their offense but our tough spot will be our running game. Luckily Brett has enough tricks up his sleeve to keep that ball moving and I think that will be the biggest factor on completed plays. The offense still needs some work so lets hope they got some running and passing plays down that caused problems vs the bears in the second half of that game.
The high projected for Sunday will only be in the mid-50s so being a cooler day, the Pack should play a bit better overall. I do think the heat was a major issue in the last game.

I think the issue was a problem too. From what I've seen the last few days, too much heat should not be an issue. It's been a tad on the nipply side.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like this game,

I was expecting our wake up call to happen either with the Viqueens or the Bears and although it's never nice to lose, I felt it would be imperative for our team for it to happen early in the season, rather than later.

With the loss behind them, the focus will be on ball control, discipline and game planning for the Redskins.We will also be coming out with something to prove this time.

On paper the Skins look pretty balanced on the D end of the ball but if we use our strength ( passing for the most part ) and our D continues to play well against the rush; we have a winnable game here as long as the play calling does not go too conservative with the run.

Expect - Less Penalties, More ball control, More attitude and more game rhythm !!

Cheers :packbeer:
I like your thinking Winni.
I say spread it out with 4 and 5 receivers and make those hard hitting safetys cover.
Don't play scared!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers also have a patchwork line with Wells out. I think the Running attack is coming around but we should go back to what we do best... PASS!

Also, the penalties KILLED us may be even more so than the Turnovers. Though they didn't help either.

More ball control is NECESSARY to win and I only see a 28-20 win for us.

Go Packers.
15-1, Superbowl!

Members online

Latest posts