[OFFICIAL] Week 06 : Washington Redskins

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm tired of talking about the Bears/Packers game already. We played awesome, in the first half and failed to show up in the second half.

NEXT!

We get the Redskins. Yay... hmm.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packers ( 4 - 1 )
  • Total Offense = 6th
    Passing Offense = 1st
    Rushing Offense = 31st

Total Defense = 17th
    Passing Defense = 23rd
    Rushing Defense = 14th

Points For = 25
    Points Against = 18.6

Redskins ( 3 - 1 )
  • Total Offense = 12th
    Passing Offense = 19th
    Rushing Offense = 10th

Total Defense = 3rd
    Passing Defense = 8th
    Rushing Defense = 8th

Points For = 21.8
    Points Against = 13

The Redskins have a helluva pair of Safeties, Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry (R) which could make slants more difficult to execute.

I was hoping we'd be 5 - 1 at worst going into the BYE. I was okay with losing against the Redskins, but since we lost to the Bears. I hope we run through and pass all over the Redskins.

Quick facts

Game: Noon, Sunday; Lambeau Field

Record: 3-1

Coach: Joe Gibbs (165-94, 16th NFL season)

Last week: The Redskins came off their bye week and beat Detroit 34-3 at FedExField in Landover, Md.

Series: The Packers lead 16-12-1 in the regular season, and the teams have split the two postseason meetings (the Packers won the 1936 NFL championship game, and the Redskins won the 1972 NFL divisional playoff game).

Last meeting: The Packers scored on their first three possessions to take a 17-0 lead and held on for a 28-14 victory on Oct. 31, 2004, at Washington.

Odds and ends

Gibbs is in the fourth season of his second stint as the Redskins coach. He previously coached them from 1981 to 1992. He is 2-2 against the Packers. … Redskins center Casey Rabach is a Sturgeon Bay native and played at the University of Wisconsin, where he was a teammate of Packers right tackle Mark Tauscher.

Key injuries

Receivers Santana Moss (groin) and Antwaan Randle El (hamstring) aren’t locks to play this week. Moss missed the Detroit game, and Randle El left that game after catching seven passes for 100 yards in the first half. Linebacker Marcus Washington (hamstring) and defensive end Phillip Daniels (shoulder) are likely to be questionable this week.

Player to watch: Rocky McIntosh

Position: Linebacker

Number: 52

Height: 6-2

Weight: 232

NFL experience: Second season

College: Miami

What to watch for: The 53rd overall pick in the 2006 draft, McIntosh spent most of his rookie season on the bench. It wasn’t until the final month of the season that he saw any significant playing time, starting the last two games after playing only special teams most of the year. He posted a pair of 10-tackle games in those starts and essentially won a permanent starting job. He’s second on the Redskins with two sacks in four games and had a career-best 12 tackles in the Redskins’ Week 1 win over Miami. He’s been a major force on a defense that ranks third overall in the NFL, second against the pass and eighth against the run.

Last time against the Packers: This will be his first game against the Packers

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Week 06 : Washington Redskins

if our linebackers can get through and pressure the 'skins QB, he's still inexperienced I think we can force some errors from him. Then it's everybody helping out on blocking and taking the ball to the end zone!

Hopefully the run game wasn't just a fluke in the 1st half and we can get that going for some play-action moves. Just imagine Brett sucks in the D on a run fake, then sends a rocket ball to Driver.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm tired of talking about the Bears/Packers game already. We played awesome, in the first half and failed to show up in the second half.

NEXT!

Packers ( 4 - 1 )
  • Passing Offense = 1st
    Passing Defense = 23rd

Rushing Offense = 31st
    Rushing Defense = 14th

Points For = 25
    Points Against = 18.6

Redskins ( 3 - 1 )
  • Passing Offense = 19th
    Passing Defense = 8th

Rushing Offense = 10th
    Rushing Defense = 8th

Points For = 21.8
    Points Against = 13

The Redskins have a helluva pair of Safeties, Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry (R) which could make slants more difficult to execute.

I was hoping we'd be 5 - 1 at worst going into the BYE. I was okay with losing against the Redskins, but since we lost to the Bears. I hope we run through and pass all over the Redskins.

Agreed. I know we were a better team than the Bears. So going to beat the Redskins is rather imperative to keep some momentum on our side.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NEXT!

Packers ( 4 - 1 )
  • Passing Offense = 1st
    Passing Defense = 23rd

Rushing Offense = 31st
    Rushing Defense = 14th

Points For = 25
    Points Against = 18.6

Redskins ( 3 - 1 )
  • Passing Offense = 19th
    Passing Defense = 8th

Rushing Offense = 10th
    Rushing Defense = 8th

Points For = 21.8
    Points Against = 13

the skins only look tough because they played Detroit in Washington and the Lions always have sucked there. I say, lets move on from our loss and rebound.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Week 06 : Washington Redskins

I think we have a good chance of winning this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see us run half way decent too.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe a tougher game than anticipated prior to the start of the season, but Washington is eminently beatable.

GB 24 WASH 14

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jason Campbell looked pretty good on Sunday vs. the Lions. They also have a heck of an H-Back/TE in Chris Cooley (and we still haven't been able to cover a good TE this year), so this game looks a lot tougher than it did a couple of weeks ago. That being said, I think we should win this game, and we need to come out fired up and pissed off that we lost last week.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First of all, I could look like a Hall of Fame QB against Detroit. Second of all, I am going to this game. GO PACK GO!!! This is my first Packer game ever at Lambeau Field.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Going into the bye, we NEED this game. A loss here will leave a LONG time to dwell on it. A win puts the team in a good state of mind for the off week.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

uwbadger12000 said:
Second of all, I am going to this game. GO PACK GO!!! This is my first Packer game ever at Lambeau Field.

I'm going too. I really hope we come out pumped and play well.
CONGRATS on both of you being able to go to the game! I have been fortunate enough to have been able to go to several games in the last few years. Before that, i only had been to a couple pre season games through my entire life. You will enjoy it, i'm sure!
HAVE FUN THERE!
Allow yourselves plenty of time to see the Atrium and all it has in it, if you can!

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure it's been said before, but I believe this game will show us where we are as team, moreso than if we had won last Sunday. VERY telling indeed! IMHO.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Coming off a disappointing loss, it should be interesting to see how we come out of the gates this Sunday.

Will we be sulking or will we come out with urgency and determination...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We need to win this game.
After the break we play six out of ten on the road so it's important we do not lose two in a row here at home.

I think we will regain our focus and get back to doing the things we need to do to win again. This probably would have been a tougher game to do that had we won this last week.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully our DB's can keep up with Moss and Randle El. We have to make sure they don't get past us, but at the same time cover under against Cooley. We have had a hard time covering TE this year, hopefully that doesn't continue to be a problem.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

After the break we play six out of ten on the road so it's important we do not lose two in a row here at home.

I think we will regain our focus and get back to doing the things we need to do to win again. This probably would have been a tougher game to do that had we won this last week.

I think its very important for us to go into the BYE 5 - 1. If we go into the BYE on a two game losing streak into Denver on a Monday night game, I don't like our chances.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

warhawk said:

I think its very important for us to go into the BYE 5 - 1. If we go into the BYE on a two game losing streak into Denver on a Monday night game, I don't like our chances.

Z,
I do like that the Redskins are on the road for a second consecutive week. History shows this as a very tough win for teams in this position against a team at home after a home loss.

What I think this shows is the importance of focus and how much better focused teams are after a loss with the benefit of the home crowd.

I truly believe the players focus is the most important aspect of winning. When I watch them get penalized that often and see plays like Clifton squating over there and Anderson running right by him and the same with Collins there at the end.

I think we'll be refocused Sunday and we get a win.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully our DB's can keep up with Moss and Randle El. We have to make sure they don't get past us, but at the same time cover under against Cooley. We have had a hard time covering TE this year, hopefully that doesn't continue to be a problem.

Al should do really well against Moss, he's more finesse than power, and Al loves jamming those finesse boys at the l.o.s.

Not sure about Randle El, I do know tho that we can ill afford to have Chuck falling down in coverage this week :roll:

I think that we just need to open up with our passing game to nudge their running game out of the equation. Then it's all about ball control, ball control, ball control.

Packers 34 Skins 17

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Moss should be good to go this week, not sure on Randle El.

The fact remains that they have a patchwork O-line right now, and we should blitz the **** out of them.

But we never blitz, so here's hopin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts