Official Vikings Thread

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this to get our minds off the Giants game. Given our performance Sunday Night I hope our Packers come out smoking. Well they should do that each and every game.:rolleyes: I'm predicting a close Packer win. Something like 28- 24. If not I may pull a Croak. ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings will try to copy the Giants game plan on both sides of the ball. They don't have all the players the GMen do, but they do know that to beat the Packers they have to be physical and give us a heavy dose of AP.
We, on the other hand, cannot get lulled to sleep. If it is a cold blustery afternoon it could get into a running game which we don't want.
Remember that this is a division rival who did beat the 9ers. ( Something we could not do.)

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Pack will be angry coming in and Greg Jennings should be back. Apparently Clay and Wood are not far behind. The Vikes are coming in needing to bounce back themselves after a big loss in the division. Both teams have shots at post season play. Pack 28 Vikes 24

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This is why the Packers will win on Sunday if for no other reason. Sorry I don't have a link to the actual site but I was told it was ESPN.

--Adrian Peterson touched the ball just one time on the Vikings' 20 plays on third and fourth down, including seven short-yardage (3 yards or less) situations. On the season, Peterson has just 11 touches on Minnesota's 48 short-yardage plays (23 percent) on third/fourth down. --The Vikings dropped back to pass on their first 13 plays on third/fourth down against the Bears. --Minnesota converted first downs on just 2-of-7 plays on third/fourth down and 3 or fewer yards to go. Those conversions came on the first two attempts and both came off play-action passes to Kyle Rudolph. The Vikings did not attempt any other play-action passes on third or fourth down.

Now, why in the world would you not have your best player on the field in those situations?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
This is why the Packers will win on Sunday if for no other reason. Sorry I don't have a link to the actual site but I was told it was ESPN.

Now, why in the world would you not have your best player on the field in those situations?
I sincerely hope you're right, records are not meant to be shared

12theTruth

Mike McCarthy has won 9 consecutive games against NFC North opponents. This streak will not last the year. Will this be THE week it ends? The Vikings do not have the same horses in their defensive front seven as the Giants did but it will still be close.

It is a decent matchup for the Packers and look for Capers to be able to get more accomplished against Ponder than he did against Eli. If the Packers can stay focused and not get too down after the whooping by the Giants, they can pull out the win. Despite constant pressure allowed by the sad sack offensive line, Rodgers will hopefully put last weeks debacle behind him.

Packers 24 Vikes 23

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called it.... way back in the Official Bye Week thread. I called the GB vs NYG game thee biggest game on the final 3rd of the scld. NYG is a SB caliber team and they sure did show it.... OKokok its the vikes this week.... time to move on right.

The 'queens always play us tough, and AD is having a great season. BUT... he is their only weapon with Harvin out. Does anyone know if he will be playing Sunday???

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win big.

Offensive Line gets it together

Rodgers cools down, and read the defense rather than key in on Cobb.

Jennings comes back in a big way, scores a TD.

Defense destroys the Vikings in the secondary. 3 picks in the game.

Final: 35-17.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our guys win this one easy. Vikings forget how to play football once they are not in their Dumb-Dome. Sometimes, your home field trickery (excessive noise) becomes a handicap when you have to depend on it to get an edge.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Queens should never lose in that Dump but Ponder is outclassed here. He'll face max pressure against our 2nd string rush and Pickett will rally the troops to stop AP.

This is one of those times the lite bulb comes on and the O-line plays it's socks off for Rodgers. The Pack will do to the Queens what the Midgets did to us.

We will go on to 12-4 and beat the crap out of the Midgets in the playoffs.

Packers 45, Queens 17.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how we play against NFC north rivals. They have been some of our best games this year. Our players know how important it is to stay dominant in divisional play.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Percy Harvin is practicing today so we'll have to wait and see what happens with him. I still think the Packers should win by a good amount of points with him in the game. Ponder is not a good qb, losing to him is unacceptable.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Percy Harvin is practicing today so we'll have to wait and see what happens with him. I still think the Packers should win by a good amount of points with him in the game. Ponder is not a good qb, losing to him is unacceptable.

We lost to Matt Cassel and the Chefs last year...doesn't get any worse than that bro. Anyways, this won't be a blowout by any means...we always play to our "weaker" opponents talent level and for some sad reason struggle against mediocre qb's. 28-17 Packers.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Three things are going to factor into this game...

1) Injuries - Depending on what Packers are out on defense will make a world of difference to the Vikings chances. The only Vikings player with his salt that has been injured is Percy Harvin. If Harvin is back, he will play with a vengeance.

2) Penalties - Packers have 85 penalties to the Vikings 65 (mind you, this is including overturned and declined penalties). Which team makes the most gaffes will end up being the one without the momentum to drive the field. I'm pointing at Phil Loadholt here... he loves flags and he likes the color yellow.

3) Turnovers - Ponder is hot and cold, hot and cold, cold, cold, hot, cold, hot, hot, cold, cold. cold.... yeah, you get the idea. If Ponder wants to have ANY chance at putting points on the board he'd better hold on to the ball. Look, I like the kid, but it is frustrating as all get out when he rolls out of the pocket. He is not like Rodgers or Roethlisberger where when they roll out they actually have a chance to do something with the ball. Peterson needs to hold on to the ball.

Vikings are coming in after getting kicked around at Soldier Field last week. Your Packers are looking for a win after being stomped by the Giants. Perfect storm brewing? For one of the teams it is... both have a large chip on their shoulder right now and both NEED a win to stay in the running with the Chicago Bears and a playoff spot. I don't think the Packers defense is up to the challenge of stopping Adrian Peterson, but I think they will put enough pressure on the young Ponder to force him into making mistakes as well as frustrating the retarded turd of an offensive coordinator the Vikings have. Musgrave. The very name brings bile to my throat. Why hand it off to Peterson on 3rd down when we can throw it to our non-existent wide receivers? You get the idea.

If Ponder has a decent game and Harvin is back: Vikings 20-17

If Musgrave gets silly like he has and Ponder chokes: Packers 38-10

I am hoping for the former. Either way, I love watching our two teams play one another. It is a great rivalry!

SKOL VIKINGS!

~Val

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers bounce back and beat the Vikes convincingly moving to 8-4, then the playoffs are all but assured. If they lose at home to a NFC north rival and drop to 7-5, then they are in danger of not making the playoffs at all. If they squeak out a victory against the Vikes like they did against the Lions, then I'll have serious doubts whether this team can do any real damage in the playoffs.

Comes down to that, so MM & co. better get their heads out of their arses and play like they mean it. And to hell with this conservative ****.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dangerous game for the Packers.
The Vikings, with Jared Allen & Kevin Williams, have gotten pressure on Rodgers in the past with just the 4-man rush, like the Giants just did. If they can do that again, we could see some ugliness like we did in KC last year, and vs SF early this year.
An upset win by the Vikings will move the Packers from being the division leader and a potential #2 seed last week to out of the playoffs this week. It also would probably move the Vikings into that wildcard position as they would have a 3-1 divisional record with the H2H win over us.

Percy Harvin has been a Packer killer. I hope he's as effective this week as Greg Jennings has been for us the past 10 weeks, or as effective as Cedric Benson, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, Nick Perry, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, DJ Smith, Derek Sherrod, and oh by the way Nick Collins are.

Watch out for rookie safety Harrison Smith. He's got a dirty streak in him like Lions Suh & Delmas.

Good recap of this "rivalry" here.

GO PACKERS

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Vikings, with Jared Allen & Kevin Williams, have gotten pressure on Rodgers in the past with just the 4-man rush, like the Giants just did. If they can do that again, we could see some ugliness like we did in KC last year, and vs SF early this year.
An upset win by the Vikings will move the Packers from being the division leader and a potential #2 seed last week to out of the playoffs this week. It also would probably move the Vikings into that wildcard position as they would have a 3-1 divisional record with the H2H win over us.

Percy Harvin has been a Packer killer. I hope he's as effective this week as Greg Jennings has been for us the past 10 weeks, or as effective as Cedric Benson, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, Nick Perry, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, DJ Smith, Derek Sherrod, and oh by the way Nick Collins are.

Watch out for rookie safety Harrison Smith. He's got a dirty streak in him like Lions Suh & Delmas.

GO PACKERS
Allright, what makes Smith have a dirty streak in him?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allright, what makes Smith have a dirty streak in him?
I watched him play at Notre Dame and he did what Louis Delmas does, instead of manning up and tackling someone running towards him, he dove down low into the guy's knee.... kind of how the Redskin DB ripped Peterson's ACL last year..... I saw a few attempts like that by Smith so right away I labeled him dirty. I don't mind hard hits into chests at all, that's football. But going into knees with a shoulder or head, nope. Gotta stop.

Also this, but like I said, I don't mind the chest shots and sometimes it accidentally gets em a little higher than chest. Dangerous too, but we see more ACLs torn than we do faces broken or necks broken, just sayin.

.....Smith was seen shoving Tennessee wide receiver Nate Washington before an official stepped in to pull him away. As he was being tugged from the play, Smith threw the official off him. Spotted in the crowd: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who's certain to take interest in this one. Smith, a first-round draft pick, also was fined $21,000 during the preseason for a shoulder-to-helmet hit.......

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GO PACKERS

Harvin AND AD is a scary combo..... BUT
like the Viking fan said.... their Offensive Cord. is a RUH-**** and Ponder is hot n cold.... usually cold.

should be a good game.

if Harvin is it'll be close

Members online

Latest posts