OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
NO WAY do we give Lang and 3rd haha, what a joke!

I'm still for JJ and a 2nd going to Carolina for DeAngelo.

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what's taking so long. The Packers have had discussions with Buffalo(Lynch) Houston (Slayton) and Carolina(Williams and Goodsen) I'm hearing Buffalo wants T.J. Lang and 3rd Carolina wants 2nd and James Jones for Williams. I haven't heard what they would want for Goodsen. But his name did come up as someone Packers also have interest in if they can't get Williams. There has been talks with Houston for Slayton for a 3rd. They have been talking with these teams ever since Grant went down. That's almost 3 weeks ago. My guess is Thompson doesn't want to give up a 2nd and is even reluctant to give up a 3rd. It's a game of chicken between GM's. Neither wants to blink first. This will probably drag right up to the deadline. That could be risky for the Packers if another teams running back gets injured and they might move quickly to get something done.

According to John Clayton, he sees the packers making a play for Marshawn Lynch in about two weeks. It's in his contender or pretender article from Sept. 29th.

"Like a lot of people, Al in San Diego wonders what the Packers will do at running back. The way they are struggling, I can't see them not making a play for Marshawn Lynch in about two weeks."

It's nothing definite, but i'm sure there is a reason they would make a play in two weeks rather than now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen packerbob post a link or anything to back up what he posts?

Sorry just noticed this

Around the summer drama of 08 I was told by someone that there was a conference call between the Packers/Bucs to get a trade done

I posted it on Bretts forum and was BLASTED by the owner cuz I didnt have a link..

2 days later report came out there was a conference call

Everyone apologized to me

Just cuz he doesnt provide a link dont assume he is making it up

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Around the summer drama of 08 I was told by someone that there was a conference call between the Packers/Bucs to get a trade done

I posted it on Bretts forum and was BLASTED by the owner cuz I didnt have a link..

Ok fair enough

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I explained how I got information from my source in a thread titled "OK I'll give you this much" It's only been a day or two since I first posted it. Not many views and only a few replies. I wish I would have come up with a title with the word source in it. I can't seem to change the title. Whenever I tried to click on the edit/delete nothing happens. I've posted several times and then noticed afterwards that I had misspelled some words but couldn't go back and correct them.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I explained how I got information from my source in a thread titled "OK I'll give you this much" It's only been a day or two since I first posted it. Not many views and only a few replies. I wish I would have come up with a title with the word source in it. I can't seem to change the title. Whenever I tried to click on the edit/delete nothing happens. I've posted several times and then noticed afterwards that I had misspelled some words but couldn't go back and correct them.
Don't worry about it man. If you're credible people will stop giving you ****.
I do believe you have some inside source, because of the way you post your info.

But I do know deals don't get done a lot of times.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry about it man. If you're credible people will stop giving you ****.
I do believe you have some inside source, because of the way you post your info.

But I do know deals don't get done a lot of times.

The only crap I've been getting lately is from moderator "Green Bay Packers" I don't why but for some reason I'm on his sh*t list.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what's taking so long. The Packers have had discussions with Buffalo(Lynch) Houston (Slayton) and Carolina(Williams and Goodsen) I'm hearing Buffalo wants T.J. Lang and 3rd Carolina wants 2nd and James Jones for Williams. I haven't heard what they would want for Goodsen. But his name did come up as someone Packers also have interest in if they can't get Williams. There has been talks with Houston for Slayton for a 3rd. They have been talking with these teams ever since Grant went down. That's almost 3 weeks ago. My guess is Thompson doesn't want to give up a 2nd and is even reluctant to give up a 3rd. It's a game of chicken between GM's. Neither wants to blink first. This will probably drag right up to the deadline. That could be risky for the Packers if another teams running back gets injured and they might move quickly to get something done.

you lost me with Slaton for a 3rd, Slaton ain't worth any where near a 3rd, he can't even be a worth anything in the return game in Houston, IMO Slaton is done

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you lost me with Slaton for a 3rd, Slaton ain't worth any where near a 3rd, he can't even be a worth anything in the return game in Houston, IMO Slaton is done

I agree I wouldn't give a 3rd either. Just posting the information that I'm hearing at the moment. To be honest I wouldn't do any of these deals. Originally I kind of liked the DeAngeo Williams rumor but I'm not so sure now. He's in the last year of his contract and is already 27. Next year I'm sure he wants to break the bank. Would #2 and James Jones be worth a less than a one year rental. If I was GM I would go in a different direction. I would call New England and try to make a trade for guard Logan Mankins. Then I would be on the phone with St. Louis and see what it would take to get Stephen Jackson. I would start Bulaga in place of Clifton and put Colledge's *** on the bench and insert Mankins. Also I would start T.J. Lang at right tackle. Stephan Jackson would start and get 20-25 carries a game. I like my plan much better than what's being rumored out there. This would fix the problem. The way it is now getting any of those runnings backs from Buffalo. Houston or Carolina solves nothing as long as their running behind our OL. I think the offensive line is the bigger problem than running back.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deangelo Williams>Ryan Grant. You have to see that.
Ryan Grant with our '09 line=1200+yds 11tds
Deangelo Williams with our '10 line (which I think is better than our 09 line)= MORE THAN THAT

But only if he is used properly. If M3 tried to use a back like Williams as he does Grant then we are the next Hershal Walker trade partner.

It ****** me off seeing M3 try and run the same running game with jackson in the back field. He is a decent back you have to get into space. He is not the one cut hit the hole and smash into them runner that Grant is.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I wouldn't give a 3rd either. Just posting the information that I'm hearing at the moment. To be honest I wouldn't do any of these deals. Originally I kind of liked the DeAngeo Williams rumor but I'm not so sure now. He's in the last year of his contract and is already 27. Next year I'm sure he wants to break the bank. Would #2 and James Jones be worth a less than a one year rental. If I was GM I would go in a different direction. I would call New England and try to make a trade for guard Logan Mankins. Then I would be on the phone with St. Louis and see what it would take to get Stephen Jackson. I would start Bulaga in place of Clifton and put Colledge's *** on the bench and insert Mankins. Also I would start T.J. Lang at right tackle. Stephan Jackson would start and get 20-25 carries a game. I like my plan much better than what's being rumored out there. This would fix the problem. The way it is now getting any of those runnings backs from Buffalo. Houston or Carolina solves nothing as long as their running behind our OL. I think the offensive line is the bigger problem than running back.

Yeah, we would have to give up SOOO much to get those two players. In the end it wouldn't be worth it. And S. Jackson is also 27 has been run REAL hard. He's been THE workhorse in St. Louis. I'd say he has less left in his legs than does a guy like D-Will. Much less...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we would have to give up SOOO much to get those two players. In the end it wouldn't be worth it. And S. Jackson is also 27 has been run REAL hard. He's been THE workhorse in St. Louis. I'd say he has less left in his legs than does a guy like D-Will. Much less...

I avoided Jackson as far as fantasy football for this exact reason. They road him for years, and he has to have little if nothing left.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think a 2nd and J.J. is fair for Williams, but not two players. Just think how bad *** our offense would be then..

That is all I'm going to say on this topic til we get further info...

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I'm hearing Thompson and Panthers GM had a lengthy meeting to discuss DeAngelo Williams. Panthers seem to want 3rd and Hawk or a 3rd, future 2nd and Jarrett Bush. Maybe Thompson doesn't want to give up James Jones. If they make this trade they better have Williams agree on a contract extension. I guess I'm OK with 3rd and Hawk but NO WAY I give up a 2nd and 3rd.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just give them a 2nd, Bush and call it a day!!

Agreed. A 2nd, 3rd and Bush, we'd be getting screwed. That's a little pricey. I'd be cool with a second and Bush though... I think. I really don't want to give up anything more than a 3rd.

Not sure how I'd feel about Hawk and a 3rd... But I guess that's the price of bringing in a big name like that. It's just that he'd only be good for a few years (Most Likely) and we'd be giving up a lot...

Topper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to give up Hawk either but DW or ML would probably make our offense invincable or unstoppable in theory. If there is any credence behind this rumor packerbob i would rather give picks and keep our depth, frankly we don't need many picks, it's hard to make this team now and TT can find the hidden jewels. I do not want to see Jones go, I would rather see Hawk go and see if Bishop can back up his August days or his big words. We need a solid RB threat to keep the engine running.....

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like all of this "If we have Williams our Offense will be unstoppable" talk. I'm hearing alot of it from various forums and it really never works out that way. I agree that it would be tough, but it's not like if we were to sign Williams, we'd just waltz right in to Dallas...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Hawk and a 3rd for DeAngelo ****ing Williams?

There's no chance that's true, because he'd be in our lineup tomorrow if it was. Any responsible GM would see that as the robbery it is and instantly pull the trigger.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guys i dont think you understand. this is jarrett bush. which i think is just pulling our chains, no one would want him, but cmon, the 3rd rounder is compensation for having to take bush from us. really, that deal would be killing two birds with 1 stone.

Topper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redbird....Just because the offense is unstoppable doesn't mean you win the superbowl, the defense plays a huge roll in that and the health factor. The point being, if we have a great RB teams will have to game plan for him....unlike our current situtation and that will also keep us from being one dimensional as we are right now. Pick your poison, but our passing game would open up stuff, for a DW type runner, that he's never seen before. I don't know if I would consider DW elite but he definitely is closer to the top than we have now. This offense, not team, would (should) be unstoppable!! It all comes down to what are we willing to give up, because, if true, they will want a lot for him.

Members online

Latest posts