OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we desperately need someone to step up and give us a run game, theres no way we can get what 30 yards rushing? especially in a game on the road, in the freezing cold.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might as well call the season if they do not replace ******* soon and I mean soon as in last week. They are not going anywhere with just a passing game no matter how damn good Rodgers and the receiving corps are.

GET A DAMN RB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Our 1st 6 games in 07 rushing totals..The 121 was a loss to the Bears

I agree we do need a back that has a little bit more burst at the hole..I think that is what our backs now are missing

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update on Marshawn Lynch..

It seems that the Bill really weren't even entertaining offers about Marshawn Lynch, that seems to have changed.

They are now at least LISTENING to offers.. Expect Thompson to make a play. Looks like he's officially on the trading block.

I would post a link.. but I do not have 10 posts lol.

Time for Lynch?: Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch.

An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week. Recently added Dimitri Nance was among the inactives Monday night.

The Packers’ running game went nowhere against the NFL’s top run defense. While they finished with 15 carries for 63 yards (4.2-yard average) against a Bears unit that came in allowing 1.3 yards per rush, those numbers were deceiving because 35 of those yards came on fullback John Kuhn’s 18-yard run and quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ 17-yard scramble. Brandon Jackson managed just 12 yards on seven carries, even though offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said he felt there were some holes in the first half, when the Packers had 8 rushing yards on seven attempts.

“We only had eight yards rushing. I’m going to sound stupid saying this, but we thought we had some good looks to run the ball in the first half, to be honest with you,” Philbin said. “Now, our execution obviously wasn’t there, but from a schematic standpoint, we felt good about the way we were attempting to attack these guys. But to their credit, they’re a good run defense. We would have hoped to have done better than 1.0 or whatever the heck we were in the first half.”

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh guys, the colts won the sb with hardly a run game to speak of, not to mention the steelers who did it the year before them.

really

CHILL THE **** OUT

we played a sloppy game, the refs called an insanely picky game (on us..really... look at the tape), and had any ONE of those mistakes not gone through we would've been blowing out the bears. phantom holding on tausch for Jmikes TD. missed holding on hesters return. PI on that last drive where the guy wouldnt have had a play on the ball and looked like he was holding burnett not vice versa.

this is fixable people

STOP MELTING DOWN YOURE LOOKING LIKE VIKINGS FANS shameful

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
We might as well call the season if they do not replace ******* soon and I mean soon as in last week. They are not going anywhere with just a passing game no matter how damn good Rodgers and the receiving corps are.

GET A DAMN RB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMH... Chill the **** out... We got this... Keep the faith... there are 13 games left... Geez! :threaten::chisux:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we've used the short passing game as a substitute for a run game before. it worked against the bears. our offense really could move down the field and score at will. the only thing preventing us was the penlaties. literally. the bears. could. not. stop.us. at. all.

the fault lies not in the game plan but in the execution (penalties)

not saying i wouldnt welcome marshawn, but i dont think its as dire a need as everyone is saying it is. our problem is discipline, though again i think that alot of those calls on tausch were so that peppers would be a factor. they had him shut down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Too late. Last week we could've had him, but no way now, with Norwood out. Again, we waited too long to pursue this.

So you know this for a fact?

I know its your opinion but unless you actually have inside knowledge you really dont know

Wouldnt it be surprising to know Ted called 3 times in a week but they hung up the phone b4 an offer was made?

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know its your opinion but unless you actually have inside knowledge you really dont know

Wouldnt it be surprising to know Ted called 3 times in a week but they hung up the phone b4 an offer was made?

Look for the talks between Buffalo and Green Bay to heat up this week. Both teams have been stubborn over the past couple weeks. Thompson has already offered a 4th and Pat Lee and the Bills wanted a 3rd and T. J. Lang. Buffalo's in the driver seat. They know the Packers are desperate not only because of last nights game but the fact the Green Bay is the one really working the phones hard trying to get this done. If Thompson sweetens his offer it should get done soon.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U Kidding ME???

uh guys, the colts won the sb with hardly a run game to speak of, not to mention the steelers who did it the year before them.

really

CHILL THE **** OUT

we played a sloppy game, the refs called an insanely picky game (on us..really... look at the tape), and had any ONE of those mistakes not gone through we would've been blowing out the bears. phantom holding on tausch for Jmikes TD. missed holding on hesters return. PI on that last drive where the guy wouldnt have had a play on the ball and looked like he was holding burnett not vice versa.

this is fixable people

STOP MELTING DOWN YOURE LOOKING LIKE VIKINGS FANS shameful

Man, you guys have been JUST AS BAD as "Viking Fans" for a long time, it's the nature of being a "fan-base" as a whole man, you will always have a butt-load of people freaking out, but that is only because they care really...

Anyway, What about the Bears mishaps? Didn't you see the dropped passes in the endzone/redzone? I believe 2 TD passes were dropped by Bears receivers, not to mention the dropped passes throughout different areas of the field, Cutler looked just like BF, gunslingin yet giving up a pick...hey you have to give some to get some right? I don't think the Packers dominated the game by any means! Sure, they had a lot of penalties, but they have always been a problematic team in that regard (led the NFL least year in penalties), not to mention the penalties by the Bears and 2 missed TD's due to dropped passes (easy catches too)...it was a good game that resulted in GB shooting themselves in the foot as usual..

BTW, the Vikes lost their first two this year because of shooting themselves in the foot (penalties/turnovers), not to mention the championship game last year in NO...now that was a game that the VIKES should have won, much more so than last nights Bears game.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

I wasn't saying I know this for sure, but you really think they're gonna trade away the only backup they have to an injury prone RB? All I was saying is that our chances were better a few weeks ago when Grant initially went out.

If we only spoke up when we have insider knowledge, there would be no discussion on this board. I could just go read Packer news from the main site. Yes, it would surprise me to find that out, but as far as I know, nothing was done.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You F*cking morons that think you can get to a super bowl with John Kuhn as your best f*cking running backs need to learn football. The Colts, Steelers, and Saints have all been mentioned on here as Super Bowl winners without a run game, but they at least had a run threat and ran when they needed to. Addai, Bush/Thomas, and at the time Willie Parker are all much much much better than anything the Packers have right now. Its sad. Stop dreaming, we need a run game if we're gunna be for real

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You F*cking morons that think you can get to a super bowl with John Kuhn as your best f*cking running backs need to learn football. The Colts, Steelers, and Saints have all been mentioned on here as Super Bowl winners without a run game, but they at least had a run threat and ran when they needed to. Addai, Bush/Thomas, and at the time Willie Parker are all much much much better than anything the Packers have right now. Its sad. Stop dreaming, we need a run game if we're gunna be for real

Ok, we will trade you Toby Gerhart for ANY of your top 4 Receivers? Deal?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its funny because pretty much all experts disagree with you. Football outsiders for one has time and time again talked about this.

I bet if the majority of the forum ran the packers they would trade rodgers for chris johnson. lol

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Its funny because pretty much all experts disagree with you. Football outsiders for one has time and time again talked about this.

I bet if the majority of the forum ran the packers they would trade rodgers for chris johnson. lol
No one's saying we need a superstar, we just need someone who can produce something. That's why Grant is perfect. He's not a superstar, but he quietly produces every year.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you 100% One thing I would like to add about the Colts and Saints that differ from the Packers situation. Colts and Saints both had home field advantage and since they play in a dome it's a big plus for a passing team. On the other hand if the Packers get homefield advantage(which is something all teams are trying to accomplish) the weather becomes their worst enemy. Slippery frozen field and frozen footballs are not conducive to pass happy football teams.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The News
The Bills have apparently put out word across the NFL that they'll start listening to offers for Marshawn Lynch, according to 540 ESPN Milwaukee.

Whoever is in charge at Buffalo is a JOKER.
1st they say Edwards is their guy.... 2 weeks later they shop him for trades...1 week after that released.
NEXT they say Lynch is on the trade block THEN they say he's not..... NOW they are listening to offers!

Poor Bills fans... they're prob. 1 or 2 years away from being the LA BILLS!

in the meantime.... maybe we should through um a pick for lynch so we can have a lil balance on O.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just saw Chris Mortenson on ESPN and he stated that Seattle is also looking at Lynch. And probably no trades will happen until the last day (oct 19)
Maybe Starks will be the real deal....? I hope so
Maybe Nance will be the real deal.. I imagine we will see at least 8-10 carries from him this week vs. Detroit

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we do need a running game on some level. It would make the team that much more dynamic and multi-dimensional. A strong RB would serve to improve the threat of our offense and give the pass a break. I'd fancy Lynch, but the Bills are asking far too much for him then we'd be willing to give up. I think the run is an area that should be looked into but ultimately I see the Pack taking the ball to the air anyway, so the run isn't utilized that much here. But should you have the weapon stored in your arsenal in case you need it, yes!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts