OFFICIAL THREAD We need a running back now !!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I don't know what the HELL I'm talking about I'll stop posting any information I receive now and in the future. I'm getting tired of posting and then being called a lier. There are a lot of people who value what I have to say. It's a shame that they won't be able to read any more of my posts. I'm just getting too frustrated having to constantly defend myself. I'm outta here.

Cheer up Boo! Don't take things to heart, it's human nature to question things. To be honest with you, I'd question The Pope, yes His Holiness Himself, if he presented me with the same info as you. In the least you are funny as hell at times. The thing is, even if half of the things you say come to fruition, some of us will be kicking ourselves for having made you leave.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will never understand ted tompson. a 4th round pick? we couldnt offer a 4th round pick? Brandon Jackson refuses to run straight ahead and john kuhn is a FB not a HB. Whats so hard about this decision? you know lynch woulda rather came to GB than frickin seatle. EPIC FAIL TT.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So since the Vikings are about to make their trade to address a blatant need is this gonna make TT wake the hell up and realize we need to address OUR blatant need?

my bet is he does nothing...

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank god bob is going to leave. theres no reason, if youre not a troll, to continue to make public hissy fits, or any at all for that matter; throwing hissy fits is just a cry for attention (which is exactly what trolls crave btw). if youre truthful theres no reason to. especially when he you to be an insider, which imo he's not at all, you will have people who believe you and dont believe you. even if hes telling the truth hes not really an insider because all he claims to do is listen to the radio and look up stories already written. insider would be getting it straight from a horses mouth, not from a source thats been filtered through the media already. for all we know this ''source'' could be a vikings or bears writer looking to overblow things something that arent there. I mean because supposedly all of these things are from radio shows, we have a wide variety of people here from all over, certainly someone would have heard the same interview on the radio he had, yet no one ever seems to.

i consider myself a fairly knowledgeable packer fan, and try to diversify where i get my reports from, and so far in all of my research theres never been any kind of story written or rumor floated about anything except what we all know is out there already. and projecting randy moss for a third to try to gain some credibility, well yes that would make the most sense, and yes you probably heard it from some guy on the radio, but just because that deal goes through wont make you an 'insider' or 'proofed', you didnt come here way before that news broke to tell us.

you say youre overly critical, yet every post you make is critical, i have a hard time remembering any kind of positive post youve made in regards to packer strengths/weakness, etc. i would probably remember it because it would stick out so much. no one is critical of something theyre supposedly a fan of 100% of the time. i dont care how this post makes you feel bob, and i dont want a sob story im leaving thread because of it. this is how i feel on the matter.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank god bob is going to leave. theres no reason, if youre not a troll, to continue to make public hissy fits, or any at all for that matter; throwing hissy fits is just a cry for attention (which is exactly what trolls crave btw). if youre truthful theres no reason to. especially when he you to be an insider, which imo he's not at all, you will have people who believe you and dont believe you. even if hes telling the truth hes not really an insider because all he claims to do is listen to the radio and look up stories already written. insider would be getting it straight from a horses mouth, not from a source thats been filtered through the media already. for all we know this ''source'' could be a vikings or bears writer looking to overblow things something that arent there. I mean because supposedly all of these things are from radio shows, we have a wide variety of people here from all over, certainly someone would have heard the same interview on the radio he had, yet no one ever seems to.

i consider myself a fairly knowledgeable packer fan, and try to diversify where i get my reports from, and so far in all of my research theres never been any kind of story written or rumor floated about anything except what we all know is out there already. and projecting randy moss for a third to try to gain some credibility, well yes that would make the most sense, and yes you probably heard it from some guy on the radio, but just because that deal goes through wont make you an 'insider' or 'proofed', you didnt come here way before that news broke to tell us.

you say youre overly critical, yet every post you make is critical, i have a hard time remembering any kind of positive post youve made in regards to packer strengths/weakness, etc. i would probably remember it because it would stick out so much. no one is critical of something theyre supposedly a fan of 100% of the time. i dont care how this post makes you feel bob, and i dont want a sob story im leaving thread because of it. this is how i feel on the matter.

How can you drink the kool-aid with your head stuck up your ***. Maybe a straw would come in handy. Sir you need to go back to your rubber room.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, not this crap again. I didn't call you a liar, I said you didn't know what you were talking about as it related to Ted Thompson attempting to trade for Randy Moss and Tony Gonzales.

Eh well, see ya.

Got to watch calling people "Jesus", not so much with Bob, but in general. It'll give them a complex. I think that's how Favre got started. A bunch of people yelling, "Jesus! Why did you throw that ball? WHY?!", repeatedly probably gave him a complex. You see, it's kind of like when you scream the word, "NO!" at your dog so much that he starts to think his name is "NO!".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Got to watch calling people "Jesus", not so much with Bob, but in general. It'll give them a complex. I think that's how Favre got started. A bunch of people yelling, "Jesus! Why did you throw that ball? WHY?!", repeatedly probably gave him a complex. You see, it's kind of like when you scream the word, "NO!" at your dog so much that he starts to think his name is "NO!".

WOW! Epiphany time...All this time I thought my name was "yourfullashit". I'll have to get out my birth certificate and see who I really am...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Analysis: Hard to agree with Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson's decision to not trade for Marshawn Lynch | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

An NFL source who knew of the trade talks said Thompson was in on the bidding for Lynch. The source didn’t know what Thompson offered, but it’s safe to say it wasn’t as much as Seattle, because there were no factors to think 0-4 Buffalo did anything but take the best offer.

ok so now can we stop the Ted didnt do anything?

We still dont know what was offerred or if Ted had a chance to counter

But he did try

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ted thompson TRIED???? who cares

HE NEEDS TOO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.

he is way 2 worried to give up a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th.

lets make a deal where we get who we need. bar none!!!!!!! STOP BEING CHEAP

burnett was a 3rd rounder and look what it got us.
accidents happen.
at least TRY SOMETHING AND FINISH WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TOO ACCOMPLISH

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will never understand ted tompson. a 4th round pick? we couldnt offer a 4th round pick? Brandon Jackson refuses to run straight ahead and john kuhn is a FB not a HB. Whats so hard about this decision? you know lynch woulda rather came to GB than frickin seatle. EPIC FAIL TT.

We probably did. Problem is our 4th round pick isn't expected to be worth as much as Seattle's, so Buffalo likely wanted a 3rd round pick. Also no telling what kind of conditional pick Buffalo was asking of us. Just because Seattle got a 6th that can turn into a 5th doesn't mean that's what Buffalo was asking of us.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

accidents happen.

Don't be ignorant- His draft position has nothing to do with his injury. Otherwise, that 3rd round pick got us a starter who was doing pretty damn good in his rookie year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

accidents happen.

What did he try with ?

Then get back to us when you know for a fact?

I dont get why people rant and rave with out knowing all the facts...

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
So... are there any talks of any trades for an O Lineman, a DB or a RB up in the Green Bay front office?? I hope D Nance gets a chance this week...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade for an OL?
We have Bulaga and Lang. We just need to play our best guys. Clifton had a good game against Detroit, and the OL actually run blocked well. At least late in the game, when it mattered.

Clifton and Tauscher being 100%, something I think they've NOT been so far, will come a long way for this OL to produce.

And if they're not, the coaches ought to put the young guys in there.

And DB? Tramon Williams is, so far, the best CB in the league (yes I've said that, the receivers he has covered did not have more than 4 receptions, more than 30 yards, and didn't have a single TD), Woodson is still Woodson, we have Shields playing better and better each game, Nick Collins, and Harris and Bigby are coming back soon. Our coverage problem is from the LBs in the middle, actually...

I agree about the RB. I wish we had Marshawn (though I don't think he's that good of a RB). But we'll see. I have a feeling that Kuhn will be the feature back next game, and that we'll be just fine.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont need someone to bust big runs, just a few yards at a time ot pound it through, kuhns bulk alone and taking hte handoff from the fb position, or behind hall, well thats just piles of meat to push a few yards at a time

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Im just asking going off what everybody else is complaining about... I want D'Angelo Williams but people are saying we dont need a RB we need help in the secondary and on the line... im just asking to see if there is anything going on up front... any new rumors instead of the same BS and wondering what PackerBob is going to do...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade for an OL?
We have Bulaga and Lang. We just need to play our best guys. Clifton had a good game against Detroit, and the OL actually run blocked well. At least late in the game, when it mattered.

Clifton and Tauscher being 100%, something I think they've NOT been so far, will come a long way for this OL to produce.

And if they're not, the coaches ought to put the young guys in there.

And DB? Tramon Williams is, so far, the best CB in the league (yes I've said that, the receivers he has covered did not have more than 4 receptions, more than 30 yards, and didn't have a single TD), Woodson is still Woodson, we have Shields playing better and better each game, Nick Collins, and Harris and Bigby are coming back soon. Our coverage problem is from the LBs in the middle, actually...

I agree about the RB. I wish we had Marshawn (though I don't think he's that good of a RB). But we'll see. I have a feeling that Kuhn will be the feature back next game, and that we'll be just fine.
i agree with some points i disagree with others.. i think you hit the nail on the head with the ol issue.. as for as db's.. i wouldnt go as far as saying tramon is the best cb in the league... youd get flamed like crazy had this not been a packer forum, although he's playing miles better than he was.. im pretty sure he gave up one of those td's to calvin but i could be wrong.. woodson seems to be kinda off this year.. doesnt look like the same player he was..i do believe most of our pass d problems are coming from our LB's in the middle though.. who knows is harris will be what he was.. who know if bigby will be what he was.. and we all know he wasnt good at covering... about marshawn.. he may not be THAT good but he's darn good and miles better than what we have.. for a 3rd i would have done it given his age but that all said and done now.. i do believe if kuhn got a shot he would be what we need.. just someone who can get positive yards and he does that

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with some points i disagree with others.. i think you hit the nail on the head with the ol issue.. as for as db's.. i wouldnt go as far as saying tramon is the best cb in the league... youd get flamed like crazy had this not been a packer forum, although he's playing miles better than he was.. im pretty sure he gave up one of those td's to calvin but i could be wrong.. woodson seems to be kinda off this year.. doesnt look like the same player he was..i do believe most of our pass d problems are coming from our LB's in the middle though.. who knows is harris will be what he was.. who know if bigby will be what he was.. and we all know he wasnt good at covering... about marshawn.. he may not be THAT good but he's darn good and miles better than what we have.. for a 3rd i would have done it given his age but that all said and done now.. i do believe if kuhn got a shot he would be what we need.. just someone who can get positive yards and he does that
I would get flamed by ignorant people.
Look at what I said about Tramon PRIOR to the season, even in the offseason. BIG Tramon naysayer I was.

FACT is that no one has played better shutting down receivers than him. Maybe Aso, but Aso plays for a crappy team. Revis is out.

Tds to Megatron: 1 was on Burnett being late, the other on Woodson and Martin.

Williams batted TWO tds against the Lions, and forced them to a FG. One was to Bryant Johnson, and the other to Scheffler, where he compensated for Nick Collins being late.

And about the RB situation: I want DeAngelo Williams. Want him bad. Between nailing Angelina Jolie and getting DeAngelo, I would chose the later.

That being said, we don't NEED him to win the SB this year. Our biggest need right now is:
1) For the players to play at their level. They need to be concentrated and giving their A game for 60 minutes EVERY game.

2) If Bigby can't perform, a safety. That is a huge concern. That is an area where we can't compensate, like Rodgers can for the running game. We CAN wait a couple weeks for Bigby to get back, but we NEED him to perform. Go take a look at all the games last year we gave huge yardage. What's the constant? NO STRONG SAFETY. In all of them it was either Derrick Martin or Matt Giordano playing for a huge part of the game.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just heard clinton portis is out 4-6 weeks
redskins are starting practice squad player at running back ????????

lets see what this rookie does against us?
maybe we can use Nance at RB this week

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just heard clinton portis is out 4-6 weeks
redskins are starting practice squad player at running back ????????

lets see what this rookie does against us?
maybe we can use Nance at RB this week
Torain was Shanahan's player at Denver.

about Nance, I have no idea why the hell he was activated against Detroit, but didn't play a single snap...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
about Nance, I have no idea why the hell he was activated against Detroit, but didn't play a single snap...

I think he would have gone in if it was a laugher, unfortunately, it turned into a nail biter so he sat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts