OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be curious how many extra shares I'll rec'v since I already have one share. And based on the by laws I can transfer any extra shares to family!

"holder of shares of Common Stock that is a natural person may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a member of the holder's "immediate family" by gift or in the event of death of the holder. The term "immediate family" means the spouse, child, mother, father, brothers and sisters, or any lineal descendant of a stockholder. A holder of shares of Common Stock that is a corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership or other formal legal entity (an "Entity") may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a natural person who the corporation determines in its discretion has a significant interest in the equity of the Entity that the natural person did not acquire for the purpose of transferring such shares of Common Stock (an "Approved Person")."

If you already have one share, how about telling us more details about the process you followed to get it?

Packerhorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall that there was an application that you filled out with a cashier check or money order . I don't remember if it was the packer.com site or another site that was created for the application. Then they issued the share/certificate in the mail. I remember it being very easy. Realize, they want your money, so there is absolutely no issues getting a share. I can't imagine this time would be any different. It won't be hard....just how much $$ they will want will be the question.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we were told at our last stadium tour at the rams game that the cost per share will be higher than it was in 1997, but not by a crazy amount.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who on here owns stock currently? Its an awesome feeling to have it on paper that you own a piece of the Green Bay Packers. My share is hanging in my living room next to the display I have of the American Flag that was on my grandpas coffin from when he died (he served in WWII). That just shows you how important my stock is to me. The shareholders meeting is pretty boring though to be honest.
I own stock, too, and will purchase again. Yes, the meetings are a little boring, but it is always fun to be at Lambeau! Besides, I get to wear Shareholder stuff, and people are quite impressed. :)

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I second rawalabhay's thought on getting some info from past buyers! Specially where is this stock taking place, for example will it be one more item to buy at packersproshop? Or do I have to start looking for a broker (I know its probably not the case, but I would still like to know more)?
No broker. I remember purchasing directly through the Packers.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other requirements include:
You must be born in Wisconsin.
You must bleed Green and Gold so they will need a blood sample.
Thumbprints of you and at least 5 relatives.
Your mother's maiden name, signature and eye color.
They will also ask you to name every player on a Packers team from a random year. It could be any team from any year so be sure to memorize each player going back to the 20's!
Names of your first born. Don't have kids or don't plan to? Then the names of your pets. No pets? Then the names of what you would name your kids and pets. (It's helpful if they are Wisconsin sounding names.)
What year did the Packers beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl? (Careful: It's a trick question!)
Bonus question: The name of the Packers mascot from 1964-1978.
Bonus bonus question: What does the G on the helmet really stand for?
And finally your signature.
Don't forget - some money.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers stock update

"The Green Bay Packers continue to pursue approval for a stock sale.

The National Football League approved the sale in October, but organization needs a "OK" from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a number of state financial regulators They are working through the processes, the team says.

The Packers have said, they'd like to be able to begin sales before the end of the year........

Details on the sale will be published as soon as they are available." *

* Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette- Sunday, November 6 , 2011. Business section

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Montreal, Canada. Would love to purchase a stock, am I eligible? Do I have to be an American citizen?
Happy to know I'm not the only one with these questions. Please let us know! Is there someone here who is not american and has a stock from previous sales?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have $300 saved specifically for this purchase. I am so ready to be a PART owner of the GREATEST sports franchise in the World.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there a website or something you can go to to register to sign up or something? how does this work?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do you not get anything other than voting rights with the purchase of stock? I thought I read somewhere that there might be little perks like special tours at Lambeau Field and access to exclusive apparel or something?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ceodore Posted:" I thought I read somewhere that there might be little perks like special tours at Lambeau Field ."

If you go to Green Bay Packer shareholder meeting that is held annually at Lambeau Field near the end of July , you get a tour of Lambeau Field. You also get a a noon lunch during the the meeting. As said in previous post, as shareholder you can purchase items from line of shareholder merchandise from Packer Pro Shop .
I have been a Shareholder since the last sale, but there are no perks. I paid for my tour last summer (after the Shareholders' meeting, which is free, though you buy your refreshments at the regular price) just like everyone else. There is no such thing as a free lunch, at least not in my experience!:) It is just great fun and a reward in itself. There are special pieces of merchandise for Shareholders, but the prices are not discounted.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do you not get anything other than voting rights with the purchase of stock? I thought I read somewhere that there might be little perks like special tours at Lambeau Field and access to exclusive apparel or something?
No - nothing but voting and bragging rights. People who don't know that, however, are usually pretty impressed! It is worth it to me - love my Packers!
awwwwww yeaaahhhhh! Let's do thissssssss!!!!!

Hopefully next week, I can change my occupation on FB to: NFL OWNER!!! :tup:

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a Shareholder since the last sale, but there are no perks. I paid for my tour last summer (after the Shareholders' meeting, which is free, though you buy your refreshments at the regular price) just like everyone else. There is no such thing as a free lunch, at least not in my experience!:) It is just great fun and a reward in itself. There are special pieces of merchandise for Shareholders, but the prices are not discounted.

Packer fan forever -- You are correct, my post was in error concerning a Free lunch and Free tour of Lambeau Field.
I did a not do a a good job of researching Info for that post. It was probably once only occasion, that Packers supplied box lunch for that shareholder's meeting - back a number of years ago. I read about it in an article GB Press-Gazette.

Thanks for correcting my error. I deleted my post on that subject

Members online

No members online now.