OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

TomDac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO wanted to buy a share the last go-round, but just couldn't swing it, so I was super excited to get mine this time around.

I also bought a share for my die-hard brother-in-law. He opened it on Christmas eve and as soon as he realized what it was, his eyes welled up with tears and he nearly did the "ugly cry"! It was awesome!!

GO PACK GO!

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Ok, here is prototype one on the frame the guy is custom making for the stock. What do you think? what's your feedback, suggestions? would you be interested? This is made with Zebra wood.

Hi RCC,

I definitely like the dual matting and medium/dark wood frame. Just not crazy about the Zebra action. I took the cheap route and bought a ready-made 8 x 12 black metal picture frame from the local arts and crafts shop for $14 bucks. I had second thoughts about the expense of custom framing it and the fact there is writing on the back just like a car title. So I went economy class.:)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hi RCC,

I definitely like the dual matting and medium/dark wood frame. Just not crazy about the Zebra action. I took the cheap route and bought an 8 x 12 black metal frame from the local arts and crafts shop for $14 bucks. I had second thoughts about the expense of custom framing it and the fact there is writing on the back just like a car title. So I went economy class.:)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yeah I don't like the zebra either, detracts from the stock. I already gave him my opinion.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Looks nice, I think I want a black frame though. Will match better with the rest of the house.
The Zebra wood really takes away from the stock. He is making a couple of other Prototypes. I really like the inlaid Brass G at the bottom of the frame. Right now he is looking at about 100 for a frame which I know is alot on top of the price of the stock right after christmas. So I probably will be buying a cheap one right now and upgrading in a couple of months when I can afford it.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
The Zebra wood really takes away from the stock. He is making a couple of other Prototypes. I really like the inlaid Brass G at the bottom of the frame. Right now he is looking at about 100 for a frame which I know is alot on top of the price of the stock right after christmas. So I probably will be buying a cheap one right now and upgrading in a couple of months when I can afford it.

It's also the brass matting that goes beautifully with the olive color in the certificate and transitions smoothly to the green mat.

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so lucky here. The certificates never came Express Mail Friday or Saturday as promised via phone call from Wells Fargo on Thursday night ! Holiday: Monday and today (Tuesday) still no stock certificates in P.O. Box . Called Wells Fargo today and after 45 minutes of wait time, I finally got a representative that gave me a generic answer that all P.O. Box shipments (all 5000 of them) were in the mail and please be patient ! Didn't respond to my stating that Wells Fargo called me and promised me Express Mail. I hung up ! When does it reach a point where they consider dealing with me as a normal business transaction and that they have to do an individual trace on my account and send it with a tracking number ? The saga continues....................tomorrow is refund day if it doesn't show up. They are insulting my intelligence now with their BS !!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Why even state a number on the initital offering if they are going to extend it. I have heard that they will continue to offer until the end of February.

Yes, they are offering up to a certain date in February - I think that part was in place all along. This is all regulated; maybe they have to state the number of shares they intend to sell up front.

I'm glad they sold out (or close) on the initial offering, and that people who missed it for Christmas/Hanukkah will still have a chance to purchase some.

This is a great thing. I hope we can all enjoy being part of it in spite of the snags here and there. We're NFL owners!

joshuasmom07

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPS is trying to make my life hard. Was out of state and was not able to give my husband his stock for Christmas but made a fake one for him to open. UPS is now showing on my tracking number that we are gone all week and not to dilver till next week, which is not true, I am here right now! I have already cried enough about the drama before Christmas and now its still a headache!!!
You are in Lancaster, right? They messed mine up to. I had to fight with ups to deliver mine. After hours on the phone with managers and going back and forth to the ups warehouse, the manager personally delivered mine at almost 9pm. The ups in the AV is horrible. Sorry try are making ur life hell too.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers expand Stock offering - 30.000 shares are added as sales near 250,000. The Packers may be selling stock through February. If the Packers sell 280,000 shares , they will gross $70 M in sales.*

* Source- Green Bay Press-Gazette . Wednesday , December 28. 2011 -By Richard Ryman -Green Bay Press-Gazette reporter

Tracey Reath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK- I am trying to purchase stock from Canada and the purchasing site isnt set up correctly for purchases outside of the US. It gives only State as an option and Postal Code isnt set to the Canadian format... HELP- my boyfriend is a die hard fan and I SO want to get him one.... someone HELP :)

jcavhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK- I am trying to purchase stock from Canada and the purchasing site isnt set up correctly for purchases outside of the US. It gives only State as an option and Postal Code isnt set to the Canadian format... HELP- my boyfriend is a die hard fan and I SO want to get him one.... someone HELP :)
Unfortunately, you can only buy stock if you are in the US.

From the FAQ on PackersOwner.com

Q Can I purchase from a foreign country?
A No. At this time, purchasers must complete transactions from an address in the U.S. or in a U.S. territory (no P.O. boxes).
Q Can I purchase in the U.S. or in a U.S. territory and have the shareholder certificate shipped to an international address?
A No. At this time, the Corporation cannot ship shareholder certificates internationally.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, Tracey. I just began a conversation with you about this. They don't mind having foreign buyers, but they won't ship to you. I will - check your inbox, and we will work something out.

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are in Lancaster, right? They messed mine up to. I had to fight with ups to deliver mine. After hours on the phone with managers and going back and forth to the ups warehouse, the manager personally delivered mine at almost 9pm. The ups in the AV is horrible. Sorry try are making ur life hell too.
Yes, our UPS driver is a great guy and yesterday when he came to my work he called the wharehouse which is right down the street and told them to find it and give it to him. It took them hours to do so, he called me at the end of the night and had it with him and was going to drop it off at my house, but I was not home. He is bringing it this morning. The UPS is horrible here, one time I had a package sitting there for days since it came in before my delivery date said, and I called them since I saw it was at the wharehouse and asked if it I could pick it up and I went around in circles with them to finally be able to get it. If your tracking number says it will be delivered Thursday but it gets to the wharehouse early on Tuesday they will hold it and wait to deliver it!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yes, our UPS driver is a great guy and yesterday when he came to my work he called the wharehouse which is right down the street and told them to find it and give it to him. It took them hours to do so, he called me at the end of the night and had it with him and was going to drop it off at my house, but I was not home. He is bringing it this morning. The UPS is horrible here, one time I had a package sitting there for days since it came in before my delivery date said, and I called them since I saw it was at the wharehouse and asked if it I could pick it up and I went around in circles with them to finally be able to get it. If your tracking number says it will be delivered Thursday but it gets to the wharehouse early on Tuesday they will hold it and wait to deliver it!
I'm glad to hear you're finally getting your stock. It sounds like your UPS guy is the bomb. I'm not sure I'm placing all the blame on UPS. I think the major hang-up was at Moron Co and/or Wells Fargo. I got my notice 12/22 at about 10:00 p.m. that my cert was sent UPS next day. Can you imagine how that was received by UPS? Thousands of next day deliveries, 2 days before Christmas? Geesh. I hope everyone gets their stock soon and will be able to put this whole fiasco behind them.

joshuasmom07

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here is what happened to me. On Friday, my UPS tracking said it was supposed to be here in the late afternoon. It arrived in Lancaster at 8:30 AM so I figured I would get it that night. Well at 2:00pm, I received a notice saying that even though it was in Lancaster (and on a truck), they werent going to deliver it until Tuesday. I was pissed! I called UPS who refused to let me pick it up at the warehouse. After arguing for over an hour, the manager finally said I could go pick it up. I jump in my car and drive like 20-30 minutes to the warehouse (I live in east palmdale) and when I get there the guy says "oh, we decided to deliver it after all later today". So I was fine with that, as long as it was going to be delivered. Then as soon as I pulled in my driveway, UPS calls me back and says "Sorry, we are no longer going to be able to deliver it tonight. But you can come back over here and pick it up if you want". I flipped out! Lol. After I told them where to shove the package, I hung up. Well at 9pm, I get a knock on my door and it was the UPS manager who brought me my package. Lol. It just irritated me that it was IN LANCASTER and they wouldnt let me get it. But, all is well now.

Alex Haines

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone is having trouble accessing the shareholders part of the packers apparel site, respond here or message me directly if possible, i had the problem, but they helped me around the username and password. Just looking to help out fellow fans!

Go Pack Go

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still no stock here in New Jersey. Now Wells Fargo claims that all P.O. Box recipients were sent stock via Priority Mail , not Express Mail. 5 days later, they claim now I have to wait 10 business days before they trace, despite the fact the Priority 1st Class Mail is 2 days transit time from St. Paul, MN to New Jersey ! The BS continues......................

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wells Fargo tells me to wait 10 business days before they will do a trace and/or send me another set of copies ! Despite them calling me on 12/23 stating it was sent Express Mail. I am so pissed at these people so far !

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Wells Fargo tells me to wait 10 business days before they will do a trace and/or send me another set of copies ! Despite them calling me on 12/23 stating it was sent Express Mail. I am so pissed at these people so far !
I don't blame you and I'm pissed on your behalf. They sure botched Christmas for a lot of people. I hope that there will be a happy ending to this saga. <hugs>

Latest posts