OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bought the Shareholder ring this year because the design is modeled after the players' rings. I will probably buy another one, though, if they take it again this year, just to continue what I hope will become a collection:)

Some of the shareholder stuff is nice (I have the "I own a piece of the Pack" tee shirt, for one) but the one I wanted to get my husband is sold out in most sizes. Maybe with the increased numbers, they will add some new designs this year.

I have 6 fingers and two thumbs left so got this year and will get another one next year. I ordered one too

joshuasmom07

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - no email,but UPS my choice said it was coming today. I posted the instructions earlier to look up by 'GBPxxxxxxxx'. You need to put that in the reference # field. Long story short, UPS lost my package. I found out after it did not arrive at the time listed on their site. When I called they said they couldn't locate the package, but it may be on a truck they unload tonight. I leave for WI in the morning, without the stock I bought for my fathers gift:-(. I asked about the forward to have it sent to WI, and they wanted to charge my another $25. No idea when it might get there. I ordered the first day they went up for sale, so frustrated. Now based on other posts, I am worried about the names and quality. I am surprised they were this unprepared, they have been talking about the sale for months.
I tried searching for it but it does not recognize the number. The UPS MyChoice that you have may be the premium one ($40/month). I have the basic one. I keep hearing about all these issues with names and poor printing and I am beginning to worry about how mine will come. I was super excited to see my bf's face when he opened this for his christmas present...and now it looks like the surprised will be killed. The Packers didnt think this through very well. I do not understand why they refused to ship orders till after the 16th of December...knowing many people were giving these for Christmas. I am kinda bummed.

joshuasmom07

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I am in Lancaster up in the High Desert. We are leaving Friday at 4am to drive to Arizona till Monday night. They were silly not to think it would go so fast. Money is so tight, I was upset that I couldn't but myself one! They also shouldn't of done a sale for Christmas unless they had enough man power. I will pray to get an email later today or early tom saying it will be here Thursday. He may just get an IOU.
Small world! I am in Palmdale! Lol.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I've been very surprised to see the trouble people are having with shipping issues, etc. - I received my share today, and it was as seamless as it gets. My brother in WI got his (ordered together with mine) on Monday.

I hope all the issues get worked out without a bunch of hassle.

Also...I don't know what people were expecting in terms of packaging but having bought in '97 and having no memory of anything at all special in terms of presentation from that sale, I was very impressed with what I found inside the envelope. I come from a family of artists/designers (and do a bit of graphic design on the side myself) and I loved it.

That said, all I care about is the ownership of the team, so I'm easy to please I guess.

Best of luck to all of you hoping to get yours in time for Christmas and still waiting. That's gotta suck. Remember that they were going to start the sale "around November 15" in the first place, but got hung up by some state regulations or something of that nature. I think they did their best to have it available for the holidays...and the volume of purchased shares probably surprised them a bit.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They chose the most random size for these certificate s. Went to 4 stores and they all have 8X10. But no luck with the 8X12. I really didn't want to wait for shipping if bought online. Butt looks like im gonna have to
You will need to get a matte and then frame it in a larger frame. Check this out from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...=350513141460&ps=63&clkid=5070826804195019459 or have one cut at a Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Then just choose an off-the-rack frame that you like, and viola!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried searching for it but it does not recognize the number. The UPS MyChoice that you have may be the premium one ($40/month). I have the basic one. I keep hearing about all these issues with names and poor printing and I am beginning to worry about how mine will come. I was super excited to see my bf's face when he opened this for his christmas present...and now it looks like the surprised will be killed. The Packers didnt think this through very well. I do not understand why they refused to ship orders till after the 16th of December...knowing many people were giving these for Christmas. I am kinda bummed.
Mine looks great, so don't worry until you see something wrong. It will probably be fine.

jcavhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also...I don't know what people were expecting in terms of packaging but having bought in '97 and having no memory of anything at all special in terms of presentation from that sale, I was very impressed with what I found inside the envelope. I come from a family of artists/designers (and do a bit of graphic design on the side myself) and I loved it.

That said, all I care about is the ownership of the team, so I'm easy to please I guess.

Best of luck to all of you hoping to get yours in time for Christmas and still waiting. That's gotta suck. Remember that they were going to start the sale "around November 15" in the first place, but got hung up by some state regulations or something of that nature. I think they did their best to have it available for the holidays...and the volume of purchased shares probably surprised them a bit.

I definitely think the volume surprised them. In 1997 I believe they sold around 120,000 shares over the entire offering. This time they sold 185,000 in two days. That is a lot of processing. Yes, I wish things had gone more smoothly and they had put my grandparents' names on the certficate rather than mine on both. But at the end of the day I own a part of the Packers and that is what matters to me. And I think that is what will matter to my grandparents. I wrapped the second stock certificate with my name so they can open it. And with their anniversary coming up my family is going to get it custom framed anyway. So I'll get a corrected certificate, get it framed and they will be happy.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
OMG, went on ebay and input Packers stock certificate, and you should see what people are charging for frames. I went to Walmart and spent a big 5 bucks on one. It's about all I had left to spend after paying for my share and Christmas presents for everybody else.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, went on ebay and input Packers stock certificate, and you should see what people are charging for frames. I went to Walmart and spent a big 5 bucks on one. It's about all I had left to spend after paying for my share and Christmas presents for everybody else.

Yes, I am glad I bought when I did. Both the frame and the mat that I had found earlier are $10 higher now than they were the first week of December.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been very surprised to see the trouble people are having with shipping issues, etc. - I received my share today, and it was as seamless as it gets. My brother in WI got his (ordered together with mine) on Monday.

I hope all the issues get worked out without a bunch of hassle.

Dont be a stranger

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still awaiting tracking number from a United Parcel Service that can not ship to P.O. Boxes , despite Morrow & Co. claims that they do ! Merry @#($&(#@ Christmas !

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I called today. They are aware if the issues. The guy said that you have to pay to send it. But they will refund for your shipping costs

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers website just confirmed that all P.O. Box shipments are being sent via U.S. Postal Service with no tracking capability and no guarantee for XMAS delivery ! I told that to Morrow & Co. all week long and they still claimed UPS was handing this with is illegal due to federal laws prohibiting private delivery companies to deliver to P.O. Boxes ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ I want my $525.00 back !!

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And for the picture frame challenged: The available matt size is 9 x 12 (you can center the 8" between the 9" borders) and the 9 x 12 matt accommodates a 12 x 16 frame ! And try to use a 12 x 16 frame with a wide 2 inch border which will match the 2 inch border on the 9 x 12 matt ! That is what they are selling on Amazon for $55.00. The matt can be purchased at the local AC Moore, Michael's or any craft store for between $3.50 to $5.00 in various shades of green. If you want a green frame to match, try Ebay !

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for paying $25 for 2-day shipping. I know they said some werent going to be shipped until friday the 23rd for arrival on the 24th...but UPS where I live does not do deliveries on Saturdays. This is truly ruining Christmas.
Yes it is! I had to make a fake one to wrap up for Christmas. Mine will be here tomorrow it says but I will be gone.

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just checked the P.O. Box again today , and no certificates. I am not a happy tailgater at this point ! A big Bah Humbug goes out to Moron & Co., Wells Fargo, and UPS, USPS, and any other 6 figure income moron that coordinated this logistical mess !!!

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is! I had to make a fake one to wrap up for Christmas. Mine will be here tomorrow it says but I will be gone.
I did the same thing and put it in the custom frame I made ! I won't wrap til Saturday afternoon after I check the Post Office one last time for originals ! The Packers better beat the Bears Sunday night to make up for this nightmare !! Merry XMAS to you and yours !

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am curious as to why, since I ordered around 8:10 am on December 6, my certificate wasn't printed until December 14. It seems like those 8 days could have been used to stay ahead of the rush as best they could. Also no idea why they would make the decision that no certificates could be delivered before December 16 (although I know some were.)

Members online