OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Merged the new Aaron Rodgers is MVP thread into the already existing thread and renamed it to reflect that Rodgers is now MVP! No need to make a new thread for a topic that is already being discussed. Any new threads on this topic will be merged into this thread.

Congrats again, Aaron Rodgers! This almost feels like winning a little Superbowl all of its own! :)

Oh it is Kitten! Winning a SB is better of course and a team accomplishment. But, it's nice to see Aaron get honored for his performance too here. He deserves it. Being voted the best of an entire season is a great honor.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, Rodgers will be working as an analyst for NBC's pregame show.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
to quote bj raja from the divisional game last year in atl.

"Aaron Rodgers.....he's a beast bro"

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Contrary to the crap that Saints fans have been spewing out about Rodgers, he was anything but arrogant. He was as humble as an MVP could be. The way he talked about Joe Montana, Steve Young, Joe Namath, his mention of Barry Sanders as one of his favorite players and how honored he was to be on the same stage as them was genuine. What he said about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and their accomplishments also showed how far from arrogant he is. He is not in a class with those two yet but one day he may be.

Good for you ARod. Not just classy, but genuine.

As for those crap-talking Saints fans out there, frak off. Most Packer fans have given Drew Brees the praise he deserves as one of the greatest QBs in the game, but they apparently do not want to do the same.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Okay, so I went to that Saints forum. One: LambeauSouth is tearing it up (hope he's a member here), making points I haven't seen anybody make, and two: people that don't even know when the voting takes place are arguing that if the vote had been taken after the regular season (ummmm...it was, Saints genius) Brees would have won.

Head meet desk.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head meet desk.

At this point in time you're just wasting your time hun, unless you're doing for amusement. Saints fans ain't hearing anymore. The only thing they're hearing about Rodgers is the same thing they've been hearing for a while. . . what they themselves have already decided.

How does the song go? "And it ain't no use in a' callin' out my name gal, I cain't hear anymore. . ."

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Well, I keep looking to see if there are any Saints fans willing to give Rodgers his due, and because it's fascinating on some level to see so many people dissing a guy with a 122.5 QB rating, like it shouldn't have even been a contest and Brees should have won it in a walk. They're also almost all convinced Brees is ANGRY now (as though he is surely struggling with the vote as much as they are, and is wondering, as they are, just how he could lose to that Packer hack)...and while I agree he will likely use this as motivation to prove himself in the future, if he's the man I think he is, he understands that Rodgers is more than deserving of the honor.

It's just incredible over there. Bet Pats fans aren't tripping like that, and Brady broke Marino's mark too. Took his team with the second worst defense in the NFL to the one seed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so I went to that Saints forum. One: LambeauSouth is tearing it up (hope he's a member here), making points I haven't seen anybody make, and two: people that don't even know when the voting takes place are arguing that if the vote had been taken after the regular season (ummmm...it was, Saints genius) Brees would have won.

Head meet desk.

I saw that too and was just amazed at the level of ignorance they have with the voting when the ballots had to be in by Jan3

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints fans should consider themselves fortunate that Brees got OPOY and leave it at that. That honor could of very well of gone to Rodgers and to be honest, I'm kind of perplexed as to why it did not. I'm not complaining about it though, I am VERY happy with him winning MVP! I think perhaps they wanted to honor Brees's achievements in some way and could not see giving him MVP so they consented to give him OPOY, still in itself a great honor. But I will tell these Saint's fans to quit with their moaning, they are lucky Brees got OPOY.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
i was obviously hoping for Drew to bring home the hardware, but he didn't. Both QBs had great seasons, but only one was going to win it. Congratulations, Rodgers and GB fans, for a memorable, MVP season!

Very nice, and thank you - the future is bright for all of us! Congratulations on Drew's award as well. He's a great quarterback and a truly good man, as is Aaron Rodgers. We're all so fortunate.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was obviously hoping for Drew to bring home the hardware, but he didn't. Both QBs had great seasons, but only one was going to win it. Congratulations, Rodgers and GB fans, for a memorable, MVP season!

Thanks for that! Congrats to you guys as well for OPOY. Perhaps we are all taking this a bit too seriously/ personally. Both QBs had awesome years and both teams have incredible futures to look forward to. I wish you guys well on your off season, until we meet again!

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Caught from the Russian River just north of San Francisco a few months before I moved to Texas.
I am a fly fisher, fish in and around Vancouver... just love it. I didn't know Stealhead were in rivers south of the border. I know they are very tough to catch. What is the fishing like in Texas.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a fly fisher, fish in and around Vancouver... just love it. I didn't know Stealhead were in rivers south of the border. I know they are very tough to catch. What is the fishing like in Texas.
LOL Yes, there are steelhead as far south as Santa Cruz in Monterey. They used to go as far south as the Tijuana River in Mexico. But that was long ago. Actually, there's still a very small protected run that goes up a creek in Malibu. The steelhead in my sig was the only one I caught that year. There was a drought and few fish were coming into the river.

To be honest, since I moved I never get to fish anymore. It's really bumming me out too. I've fished since I old enough to hold a fishin' rod, used to built custom rods for a living... I'm very passionate about it. I really don't know what the fishin' in TX is like. :cry:

Members online

Latest posts