Official Prediction Thread * Go On Record HERE

GBLady8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Packers are going to win 27-17, just to make it an exciting game, but still put them Steelers in their place!

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ten points sounds about right to me; I'll add in a pick six to seal the deal for the Pack.

Packers 34
Steelers 17

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I keep wagering against the Packers this playoff run, as heartbreak insurance, and it's been working.
Sure, I've dwindled my bodog account, but don't you think it's worth it? It is to me. Somebody's gotta take one for the team.

I'll do it again here as it's been working and I can't change now. My bets and picks are jinxes to the opponent, so I will say:

Steelers 34
Packers 31

Down 27-24 with 3 minutes to go, the Packers get the ball at our own 11 yard line, and Rodgers calmly and coolly marches them down the field like Super Bowl Joe Montana, and with 41 seconds left, he breaks free from an oncoming James Harrison and rolls out, finds James Jones down the right sideline for a gorgeous and clutch signature moment, 32-yard touchdown! Packers go ahead 31-27 with 41 seconds left and Rodgers is about to be crowned Super Bowl MVP, something BF never ever was.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 23, Steelers 20.

Can't picture this one getting up into the 30s on either side, and certainly can't picture this one being won by more than 4 points. Two really even teams, should be a great (but nerve-racking!) contest.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going with Jenny the Elephant!

Packers - 34
Steelers - 24

Still taking an age for Sunday to get here, but to distract me tonight there's the not insignificant matter of England v Wales in the 6 Nations. A perfect weekend will start with England stomping the boyos tonight and then finish with the Packers doing the same to Pittsbrgh. :)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 22
Steelers 17

Like the last game, a defensive struggle, with the Packers coming out on top. For some reason, I predict there will be a safety in the game. Maybe its Legursky being the starting snapper in the Super Bowl that makes me think that will happen.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FROM NFL NETWORK

• You must be logged in to see this image or video!
  • Vic Carucci NFL.com
  • Analysis: This should be an extremely close, competitive game between two evenly matched opponents. The Steelers' defense is going to take away any hope of a running threat for the Packers, and the more one-dimensional Green Bay's offense becomes, the more difficult it will be for Aaron Rodgers to work the magic with his passing arm. I expect Rodgers to make a couple of big mistakes, which will prove to be the difference in the outcome. I also think the Steelers will be able to run the ball reasonably well, and that should help slow down the Packers pass rush for Ben Roethlisberger and his receivers.
  • MVP: Troy Polamalu

• Steve Wyche NFL.com
  • Analysis: Green Bay will get on the board early and dictate the first-half offensive flow like it did before stalling against the Bears in the NFC Championship Game. I have a feeling the Packers will be able to run the ball a little bit against Pittstburgh like the Jets did, especially when they spread out the offense. The short passing game also will be a factor. Right now, the Packers are in a groove and their defensive backs have great ball skills. Green Bay should be able to get pressure on Ben Roethlisberger, but getting him down is another thing. The Packers just seem to have some favorable matchups along the lines of scrimmage and with their receivers against Pittsburgh's DBs.
  • MVP: Charles Woodson

• Pat Kirwan NFL.com
  • Analysis: I like the matchup of the Packers receivers against the Steelers secondary. The absence of Maurkice Pouncey will be a factor inside against the Packers defense. And I really like how the Packers secondary matches up against the Steelers receivers. At the end of the day, the 10 sacks by the Packers in the postseason by eight different players convinced me that Dom Capers' scheme is red-hot and ready to go.
  • MVP: Aaron Rodgers

• Bucky Brooks NFL.com
  • Analysis: This Super Bowl has the potential to rank as one of the best ever because it features a pair of stingy defenses and two hot quarterbacks. Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger specialize in delivering big plays, and one will emerge as the difference maker in this one. While Rodgers' hot playoff run makes me want to pick the Packers, it's hard to go against Big Ben based on his experience and clutch ways. I think it will be tight, but the Steelers win.
  • MVP: Ben Roethlisberger

• Michael Lombardi NFL Network
  • Analysis: This Super Bowl features two evenly matched teams, but the difference in the game will be the Packers' defensive front, especially Cullen Jenkins and B.J. Raji winning the battle in the trenches. The Packers have the speed in their front seven as well as the cover men to handle the Steelers offense. Additionally, the Packers play the right kind of game offensively that gives the Steelers defense the most trouble - a spread passing game, which in this game should be able to attack a vulnerable secondary.

• Jason La Canfora NFL Network
  • Analysis: I have a feeling the Steelers are due for a Super Bowl loss. Their all-time record in this game is phenomenal, but the Packers have had that team-of-destiny look since Aaron Rodgers came back from his concussion. Green Bay is better equipped to score points in bunches and has the ability to play an attacking defense in conjunction with a press-man scheme on the outside that can be stifling. I'm taking Aaron Rodgers to be the difference in a close game.

• Gil Brandt NFL.com
  • Analysis: This has a real chance to be the first Super Bowl to go into overtime. When you look at all the statistics, the teams are very equal. With that in mind, it would not shock me to see the score in the high 20s, low 30s, with Green Bay winning in OT.

• Elliot Harrison NFL.com
  • Analysis: Intuition says Green Bay is going to win; it seems like it's just their year. Logic: Pittsburgh. James Starks running on that defense? Who feels good about that matchup? Also, some of Green Bay's second-tier defenders have been playing out of their minds and could come down to Earth. Whenever I'm stuck in neutral on a game, I always revert to, "Who's most capable of winning if their quarterback goes down or has an awful game?" That would be Pittsburgh, which essentially accomplished that feat in Super Bowl XL.
  • MVP: LaMarr Woodley

• Albert Breer NFL Network
  • Analysis: I believe this will be a high-scoring, fast-paced classic, and Pittsburgh's ability to excel in clutch situations will serve the team well. Remember, the Packers struggled to put away the Eagles and Bears (with a third-string quarterback), and needed a little help from the opposition to close the deal. In this case, the Steelers won't give them that help. Ben Roethlisberger will survive a bit of a beating, behind his tattered line, to win a third ring. And we can start the debate on how this Steeler dynasty is beginning to stack up with the one from the 1970s.
  • MVP: Ben Roethlisberger

• Charles Davis NFL Network
  • Analysis: The defenses are comparable, and the quarterbacks are exactly who you would want running your team in the biggest game of all. I do believe that the injury to rookie center Maurkice Pouncey could prove to be one of the game's biggest stories, thrusting Doug Legursky into the spotlight. If Legursky can hold up against nose tackle B.J. Raji and the Packers' front, he will be celebrated forever in the Steel City.

• Steve Mariucci NFL Network
  • Analysis: This is a very evenly matched game with two similar defenses with scheme and talent and two similar quarterbacks that are the best in the NFL at making plays outside the pocket. However, Green Bay has the better offensive line and the better receiving corps. Aaron Rogers will benefit from these advantages.

• Brian Baldinger NFL Network
  • Analysis: The Steelers have to keep the ball away from Aaron Rodgers and the Packers' passing attack. The best way to do that is to keep the ball out of their hands. The best way to do that is to run behind Mendenhall, who I think has been an unsung hero all year. He had a great game against the Jets, and I see the Steelers being able to run the ball on the Packers. In order to win, they'll have to run it.
  • MVP: Rashard Mendenhall

• Solomon Wilcots NFL Network
  • Analysis: If both quarterbacks struggle, which running game would you want to rely on more? I say Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger cancel each other out, and Big Ben is equipped with the better running game.
  • MVP: Rashard Mendenhall

• Joe Theismann NFL Network
  • Analysis: Last time these teams met, the Steelers rallied to win. The Packers defense will be better this time around.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first list of names picked the Steelers:

• Cris Carter: Pittsburgh 28, Green Bay 27
  • Mike Greenberg: Pittsburgh 28, Green Bay 27
  • Merril Hoge: Pittsburgh 28, Green Bay 24
  • Tom Jackson: Pittsburgh 24, Green Bay 21
  • Ron Jaworski: Pittsburgh 31, Green Bay 28
  • Keyshawn Johnson: Pittsburgh 28, Green Bay 24
  • Hannah Storm: Pittsburgh 24, Green Bay 21
  • Scott Van Pelt: Pittsburgh 23, Green Bay 17
  • Michael Wilbon: Pittsburgh 28, Green Bay 24
  • Marcellus Wiley: Pittsburgh 17, Green Bay 13
  • Trey Wingo: Pittsburgh 27, Green Bay 24

The second list picked the Packers:

• John Anderson: Green Bay 30, Pittsburgh 24
  • Michelle Beadle: Green Bay 17, Pittsburgh 10
  • Chris Berman: Green Bay 24, Pittsburgh 23
  • Tedy Bruschi: Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 27
  • Trent Dilfer: Green Bay 23, Pittsburgh 20
  • Mike Ditka: Green Bay 21, Pittsburgh 17
  • Herm Edwards: Green Bay 27, Pittsburgh 24
  • Mike Golic: Green Bay 24, Pittsburgh 21
  • Jon Gruden: Green Bay 27, Pittsburgh 20
  • Tim Hasselbeck: Green Bay 23, Pittsburgh 17
  • Gary Horton, Scouts Inc.: Green Bay 28, Pittsburgh 24
  • Kenny Mayne: Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 24
  • Matt Millen: Green Bay 27, Pittsburgh 24
  • Chris Mortensen: Green Bay 30, Pittsburgh 27
  • Sean Payton: Green Bay 34, Pittsburgh 20
  • Adam Schefter: Green Bay 28, Pittsburgh 24
  • Mark Schlereth: Green Bay 27, Pittsburgh 23
  • Michele Tafoya: Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 24
  • Mike Tirico: Green Bay 26, Pittsburgh 20
  • Steve Young: Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 27
  • Darren Woodson: Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 24

Reaction score
Steelers 31 Packers 3. The Packers against a 3-4 defense hasn't really shown that it's really good. In fact, Rodgers had less than stellar numbers against 3-4 defenses in Miami and New York, and during the Detroit game (which is one of the more tougher defenses they played in the 2nd half) they looked less than good.

Steelers pummel them.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 30-16, Pack score early and often if the game plan is right, which is abandon the run, spread them out and put the game in the hands of AR, if MM tries to establish the run it will be tougher but I believe they will still find a way as I believe Pitt's offense is a little overrated and has not seen the speed and playmaking ability at all levels of this defense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts