OFFICIAL Packers VS Lions - The Matt Flynn Game

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The refs have been awful, almost embarrassingly. I really don't want the packers to get the rep from other fans and teams of a team like the patriots that gets all the calls and is clearly favored by the refs but I think its getting to be that way. Also Mike perrara (or however you spell it) needs to stop blowing the refs, its clear he backs them no matter what.

That being said detroit's doing a lot to not win. They gotta stop the run and have no one but themselves to blame for that problem.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It says the same about your offense

4 of our starters are sitting out as well

I'm not saying the Packers are a bad team
I'm saying the officials need to start calling games
fairly and honestly for ALL TEAMS !!!

But Lions stated they are going all out to win this game..By resting Rodgers is saying, eh, we dont need this game yest still winning

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers rested several other star players with nagging injuries, including cornerback Charles Woodson, outside linebacker Clay Matthews, wide receiver Greg Jennings, right tackle Bryan Bulaga, running back James Starks and wide receiver Randall Cobb.

There is our players..I dont think Det in-actives are as important as ours..

Cobb out really hurt us at the start...

Jennings, he is just as important as megatron..

Bulaga is an anchor on our line that is not there to help protect Flynn..

Starks isnt a big loss

Woodson is a ball hawk and with him out hurts our defense more than any other Det def player..And tell me what def player is as important as Matthews?

We all know if Stafford wasnt in, Detroit would claim that is why they would lose..

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OT: The niners are up 16 against the rams... the rams have no chance in this game.

Yet, brees continues to stat pad. lMAO

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Look at how great our defense is. Detroit drives all the way down to the redzone in just 6 plays! Oh and BTW it's in the snow, and they are a dome team.

Our defense will be the death of this team come post season. You better think about NO and SF, cause that's two teams that will shred us with the running game.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at how great our defense is. Detroit drives all the way down to the redzone in just 6 plays! Oh and BTW it's in the snow, and they are a dome team.

Our defense will be the death of this team come post season. You better think about NO and SF, cause that's two teams that will shred us with the running game.

Hey bogart, look on the bright side. Atleast the packers defense is not as bad as my patriots. They were down 21-0...... !

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

While I have thought the same thing most of the year, however for this game only, Woody, and Matthews are out I think with those two in, this defense looks a ton better...Also we have Jones, and So'Oto in too...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Stats don't lie.

Detroit has 520 total yards on offense, 447 are passing yards.

This is a good thing and a bad thing.

Bad news, our defense just proved how awful they are in cold weather. You better pray we don't get NO or SF. Anyone with a running game could tear us up on the ground, and this defense would make any quarterback look elite, and that also includes Alex Smith.

Good news, you can't win without a running game in the NFL, of 520 yards on offense, 447 are from the quarterback, that is 3/4's of your entire team. Detroit made some vast improvements this year and i tip my hat to them for finally making the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, but they are going to need to work on the running game after this season.

BTW this game was a HUGE wake up call. I don't care who sat on the defense, it just further proves the claim that this team is one dimensional. All out air attack with no defense, no running game, and have to depend on the QB to do everything for them. I don't think the Packers are ready for the playoffs. Their final test of the year and they gave up 520 total yards. If we lose in the post season and we give up 400-500 yards, Dom Capers should be fired.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this week has been embarrasing.. brees just STOLE the MVP from rodgers, theres no way i see rodgers winning it, brees owns every statistical category.. and we let stafford RIP us apart, he'll have almost 500 passing yards and will most likely eclipse 5000 yards for the season, ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASING

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What did I miss while watching the Colts seal the #1 pick?

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure you people are Packers fans? Lots of negativity. We have improvements that need to be made, but I think we've done well to get where we are.

And as I type this we won the game.