Official Packers vs Jaguars thread

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^I think we took good notes from the Indy game...... that was a sure fire kick in the nutz....we learned.

I really am looking forward to playing that NFC north run at the end of the season. Minn. is OVER HYPED, their offense is WEAK and we proved we can stop the run in the past few games....C'mon peterson, bring it on !!

The bears D have only played one good team, US, and they lost...other than that they have over inflated D stats and I can't wait to shove it up their *** in their own back yard.

The Lions....lol...more like kittens, enough said.

The NFL critics and haters have woken the sleeping giant, and now he's pissed.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Given Sunday people. We should win yes, but that's not a guarantee. We have to take this game serious and make sure we take care of home because there are no for sure wins nowadays...Rodgers could get hurt an then it's Harell vs Henne or Gabbert. My money is on either of those two. Defense needs to put together another stellar performance and get on a roll.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm all about one-game-at-a-time when you're sitting at 4-3 and fighting to solidify a playoff spot.

Still, we're playing a team that's lost their key offensive weapon, we'll see a poorly-performing dinged up QB or his backup, and this team has not shown much of a pass rush. It's a game where we need to show we can react to the blood in the water...and that's what I expect to see. Part of playing one at a time is going out and thumping a team you're supposed to dominate.

Woodson's absence might work for us for this one game...the D should have heightened focus in practice this week to get the adjustments down which should carry into the game.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Green get 25+ carries this game. I know we can crush them through the air but we need Green to get a lot of touches to get his game time awareness up as well as his commitment to the hole rather than bumping it wide.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the defense pitch a shutout once. Probably more like 14-13 because predicted blowouts rarely materialize.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Em, that scares the heck out of me. I'm used to you picking against our team.
As far as this game: I'll never look past another opponent again after KC last year. When you play an opponent is sometimes as important as who you play. No chance the Packers let this one slip away so close to the Indy game. There is no trap here.
I'm hoping it will be a game where I can relax and enjoy the players pad their stats. It's not exciting football but it's good for a fan to have one of those once in awhile.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL critics and haters have woken the sleeping giant, and now he's pissed.
Aaron Rodgers sucks!
He's overrated!
A major problem!
Get rid of him!
WTF was TT doing and thinking to get rid of Favre for this green kid who still plays like a rookie who can't throw worth a darn!
(Take it easy fellow fans. Just doing my part to motivate the guy.)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers sucks!
He's overrated!
A major problem!
Get rid of him!
WTF was TT doing and thinking to get rid of Favre for this green kid who still plays like a rookie who can't throw worth a darn!
(Take it easy fellow fans. Just doing my part to motivate the guy.)

Arod says " sshhhhhh"

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sister is a big Jaguars fan, so this is our once-every-four-years game where we root against each other. (And we'll be doing it in a bar full of Steelers fans.) I look back at the games against the Jaguars and remember some awful endings the last two times. Remember Donovan Darius with his clothesline hit of Robert Ferguson in 2004, which ended Fergy's season? That was a 28-25 loss late in the year. In 2008, Rodgers led the team down for points to take the lead, and like in every game that season, the defense blew it and the Jags ended up scoring a TD to win. So to put things in perspective, the Packers haven't beaten the Jaguars since... 2001, I think? If the Packers don't win by at least 17, I'll be disappointed.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our Woodsonless secondary I sure hope Gabbert does not finally breakout and burn us.
We have to go after him from the get go especially without Drew in the backfield.
How can you expect a blowout when we have so many starters down?
This game reminds me of the Dolphin loss in 2010. It should have been a blowout and we lost in OT.
The team we had out there that day was none too pretty especially on defense.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our Woodsonless secondary I sure hope Gabbert does not finally breakout and burn us.
We have to go after him from the get go especially without Drew in the backfield.
How can you expect a blowout when we have so many starters down?
This game reminds me of the Dolphin loss in 2010. It should have been a blowout and we lost in OT.
The team we had out there that day was none too pretty especially on defense.

H

HardRightEdge

The opening point spread of 12.5 has gone to 14.5 or 15, depending on the source.

12theTruth

Boy this Packer team is just SOOO frustrating. Playing against one of the worst teams in the league, our offensive line is making the Jags front seven look like Hall of Famers. I understand that we are short 3 starters on offense, but the extreme liability that Saturday is on inside run blocking is just too much and it puts undue constant stress on Lang and Sitton.

The Packers WILL need a running game at some point this year :mad: . Linebackers and special teams bringing it so far today.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the defense pitch a shutout once. Probably more like 14-13 because predicted blowouts rarely materialize.
Was actually closer to this than a blowout like most other predictions. 9 points, still felt a lot closer than that. When is MM going to realize Green is not an every down back yet. Did they pass at all on 1st down today?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It sucked..

But as I stated b4...we missed a ton of regular guys...

I am !)))))%% sure if we had regulars in, this would been blow out

Williams had a drop for a 1st down...We had a fumble which allowed Jags to come back into the game

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a feeling this was going to be closer than some on here thought it would be.
I was not expecting a blow out.
I'll take the win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'll take the W ......but I'm not happy about how we played. Granted we are very wounded on both sides of the ball, but we missed on a few opportunities with bad play calling and missed FG......WTF?? Crosby....no excuses on his part for missing close to medium range FG's. Fake punt was a disaster, that looked like pee-wee football crap that went wrong. A lot of things went wrong.....plus A. Green and his ever so popular 2 yard runs up the middle....frustration on my part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts