*** Official Packers Vs Eagles Thread ***

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly was just brilliant today. What a player.

The Offense on the other hand, was embarassing, except for that washed up QB Brett Favre, who had a pretty good game.

I won't disagree that we'd probably be 0-1 without his miracle drive in the 4th, but......

206 yds, 0 TDs, 2 turnovers.

I wouldn't say a GOOD game. The whole offense looked dismal.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your first post since the game ended and this is what you come with. What the ****, dude. What the ****.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Jolly was just brilliant today. What a player.

The Offense on the other hand, was embarassing, except for that washed up QB Brett Favre, who had a pretty good game.

I won't disagree that we'd probably be 0-1 without his miracle drive in the 4th, but......

206 yds, 0 TDs, 2 turnovers.

I wouldn't say a GOOD game. The whole offense looked dismal.

With this crew on offense, it was a miracle game.

Without Favre today, they wouldn't have won the game. Give credit where it is due, why don't cha?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tromadz said,

Your first post since the game ended and this is what you come with. What the ****, dude. What the ****.

Like I thought, the defensive overall played pretty well. Although there were some shaky moments.

And the offense was unable to play to well because of rookies and lack of chemistry.

This is football, it ain't rocket science here.

I'm glad we won though. I'll take it.

We got a looong way to go though, on offense.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the negativity you can point out. I do but everything has two sides. The Eagles have a stout defense and we couldn't move the ball. Our offense was horrible on every single play unless Favre made something out of nothing. Brandon Jackson got going a little in the 4th but was non existent early on. McCarthy called one of the worse games I've seen. I'd go as far and call it his 2nd worse and YET THE PACKERS STILL WON.

They came over adversity and won the game. That to me shows development. We don't need a great offense to win. It seems like Packer fans are so use to that. All we need is an average offense and I think that's good enough to carry this team into the playoffs because of this defensive unit. So if the Pack can improve they have a shot. It's all about improvement.

McNabb was held in check and he's one of the best QB's in the NFC.

Westbrook is arguably the most versatile player in the game today and he was held in check. He got his yards but I didn't see him make any big plays nor runs.

That's very encouraging.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the negativity you can point out. I do but everything has two sides. The Eagles have a stout defense and we couldn't move the ball. Our offense was horrible on every single play unless Favre made something out of nothing. Brandon Jackson got going a little in the 4th but was non existent early on. McCarthy called one of the worse games I've seen. I'd go as far and call it his 2nd worse and YET THE PACKERS STILL WON.

They came over adversity and won the game. That to me shows development. We don't need a great offense to win. It seems like Packer fans are so use to that. All we need is an average offense and I think that's good enough to carry this team into the playoffs because of this defensive unit. So if the Pack can improve they have a shot. It's all about improvement.

Westbrook is arguably the most versatile player in the game today and he was held in check. He got his yards but I didn't see him make any big plays nor runs.

That's very encouraging.

That's how I see it. We beat a good, solid team. I think it was more the Eagles D is good than the Packers O is bad. They gave us nothing to work with.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

That's very encouraging.

That's how I see it. We beat a good, solid team. I think it was more the Eagles D is good than the Packers O is bad. They gave us nothing to work with.

Oh I think the Packers offense was bad but I also think the Eagles are a playoff caliber team. We won 8 games last year and all I heard was how they didn't win a game against a good team. The Eagles for the most part are a worthy week 1 opponent. One way or another they found out how to win. Good teams find ways to win games. Look how the Saints beat the pack last year. Packers played better but the better team found how to win. Hopefully the Pack can show improvement next week on offense and if they do then I think it's very likely that they are 2-0 for the first time in a long time.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I think the Packers offense was bad but I also think the Eagles are a playoff caliber team. We won 8 games last year and all I heard was how they didn't win a game against a good team. The Eagles for the most part are a worthy week 1 opponent. One way or another they found out how to win. Good teams find ways to win games. Look how the Saints beat the pack last year. Packers played better but the better team found how to win. Hopefully the Pack can show improvement next week on offense and if they do then I think it's very likely that they are 2-0 for the first time in a long time.

We'll be fine against the Giants. We'll be 2-0. It's the Chargers I worry about. They lit up da Bears. You can only hold the Chargers down for so long before they let loose. da Bears shut them out in the first half and still lost.

Members online

Latest posts