OFFICIAL PACKERS Thanksgiving day game

Southpaw7391

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Green Bay folks....

Lions die hard here, wishing you and your team a happy Thanksgiving and hoping both of our teams have a good injury free game....

I've been reading your posting about the Lions being a "Dirty" team... You will see Thursday it's all a bunch of non sense..
We get flagged when we play dirty teams, such as Atlanta (which you are familiar with the dirt on them, as well as Chicago)
I don't know if any of you watched the Bears game, couple weeks back, but had you seen what was going on that "MUGGING" you would've seen the frustration building on the Lions side of the ball, resulting in the "brawl" on the field...
He** the first drive of the game, Peppers tries to rip Calvin's head off, and no flag gets thrown, and I don't know how many time Briggs tackled our guys in the head with his helmet leading the way.... Anyway, the point is our team is NOT a dirty team,
and to defend Delmas he tackles ALL THE TIME by diving at the ball carrier, it completely drives me crazy, wrap the guy up,
Its just his way I guess, its not dirty, I see players up and down the NFL playing the same way...

With all that being said,

I once again extend my holiday cheer to you fellow NFC North'ers...
I'm looking forward to seeing how well our young team match's up with your Super bowl bound team,
I also look forward to the NFC North becoming "the" division to beat in the NFL....

Do us a favor, if you have to face San Fran, in the Playoffs.....Destroy them !!!!!!!! lol
Not a fan of that team !!!

And trust me.....If by some fluke you do have to go to San Fran to play them, you will complete decimate them
They are NOT the Packers, you have 10x the team they have .... The Zebras aided their win in our house last month,
from blown calls to giving them an extra 5 yards on a wrong spot after a commercial break on their winning TD drive..

Sorry had to vent ....:)

Good Luck to you all on Thanksgiving........ Just not that much luck ......

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big welcome to all the Lions fans. I was actually starting to get worried you guys turned your tails on us! I was wondering when you'd show up! :) It's gonna be a good game. The intensity level will be sick. I don't need to say too much about the Pack, we stand at 10-0, with perhaps some doubts as to our defense. I think if the Packers play to their full potential, there is nobody they can't beat. As for the Lions, they have enjoyed the success of a good season, something they haven't seen a quite a while. Stafford is playing great and with offensive line protection, you guys have a good offense. Megatron scares me. Facing Suh on D is something that would give offensive coordinators fits. We have a good matchup coming up, I look forward to talking some football with you all. But as a Packers fan, I must say, Go Pack Go!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Insider Bob McGinn:

McGINN'S VIEW

The issue of whether the Lions are a dirty football team has been up for considerable debate in the past few months. There was some talk Tuesday, but it wasn't expected.

That subject wasn't even on my agenda in a conversation about the Lions with an executive in personnel for an NFL team. Then he brought it up. Twice.

After breaking down center Dominic Raiola, the personnel man called him "a complete (expletive). Cheap-shot guy."
Later, in discussing the Lions as a whole, the scout said, "Detroit's a cheap team. Then there's (Ndamukong) Suh."
Raiola, who has missed just four starts in the last decade, had a running feud with former Packers linebacker Nick Barnett for years.
Suh has had more personal foul penalties (eight) in the last 1½ years than any other NFL player.
Last December, Aaron Rodgers had to leave in the second quarter at Ford Field with a concussion. Really, it was his fault. On a scramble, he got greedy and waited too long to slide, giving linebacker Landon Johnson and safety Amari Spievey a legal opportunity to slam him.
Don't kid yourself. The Lions, just like every other team on the Packers' schedule, know that sending Rodgers to the sidelines early would put them one large step closer to victory.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions fans who are coming in here are writing like true biased fans of their team.
The Lions can do no wrong, ever, and there are no dirty players for the Lions, ever.
The Lions are saints to their fans.
Right?
Riiiiiight!
(Call the Pope to canonize the dirty Lions players.)

After watching the videos FrankRizzo posted, man, those certainly look like dirty plays committed by dirty players to me.
The good thing about the Packers is we have the best QB in football who has great awareness and can outrun and outplay dirty defenders.
And I hope Aaron Rodgers continues doing that against Detroit. May Aaron Rodgers and all of his weapons on offense rip the Detroit D-Fence a new big one!
I have no doubt that Aaron Rodgers is very, very carefully studying dirty Detroit players so that he will know what to do to protect himself.
I wish all the luck for the Packers and none for the Detroit Lions. None.
Not any for any dirty players which the Lions clearly and absolutely 100% are.
If they do one thing dirty then I hope that they get hit and hit hard with big penalties and fines which they will deserve.
15 yards, 1st down and fines of 75k or above.
If any Packers get taken out of the game due to an injury from a dirty Detroit player and if any Packers on D takes out any Detroit players then so be it.
I would not mind that at all.

Go Packers and beat Detroit big time.
Outscore and humiliate them on their own home field.

I have no apologies and no regrets for this post.
I love my Packers and am very passionate about them being healthy and well against dirty teams.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't know whether the Lions are any worse than some other teams, I just have no basis for comparison. Those vids do look like blatant dirty hits, but do they do them almost every week or is it once in a while?

As for the game, this to me is about the most unpredictable game on the schedule and that's what makes it so exciting. Detriot's offense can be explosive and they can also screw up a lot. After the struggle against TB how will the Packer defense respond and just how upset is ARod? Enough to bring his AAA game? I'm psyched for this one.

Nice to see ya Lions fans. Hope it's a great game tommorrow.

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fan here. You guys whining about the lions being dirty is pretty weak. They play hard nosed, hard hitting football. It used to be applauded and emulated up until about 3 years ago. Now the league is more worried about protecting offensive playmakers rather than the integrity of the game. The casual fan loves a shootout, not a defensive battle, hence the new rules. Follow the money. Frankly, all the penalties are getting ridiculous.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Packers fan here. You guys whining about the lions being dirty is pretty weak. They play hard nosed, hard hitting football. It used to be applauded and emulated up until about 3 years ago. Now the league is more worried about protecting offensive playmakers rather than the integrity of the game. The casual fan loves a shootout, not a defensive battle, hence the new rules. Follow the money. Frankly, all the penalties are getting ridiculous.
I like Hard hitting football. I want to protect the long term health of players, and thier longevity. The helmet to helment, defenseless receiver stuff I can swallow, but this two step to the QB rule is a bunch of crap. That being said there is a difference between hard physical play and cheap shots beyond the play. And I have seen Suh do too many of those. Hope our line holds up Thursday.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not watch the video I posted of Delmas' method of tackling?

Nobody applauds that except dirty players. Nobody ever did.
Nobody is taught to tackle like that.

Some of Suh's stuff is fine.
It's the plays like I showed of Delmas that are a problem.

And yes, good offense is more fun than bad offense.
Anyone who watched the LSU-Alabama game found this out.
Also, you see games like the Browns-Seattle that are 9-6...... the most entertaining games to watch involve games where playmakers make plays like Rodgers, Jennings, Brady, Brees, Manning, Peterson, Foster, etc...

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delmas may be the exception. I dont see anything overly diry about Suh. Defensive players, especially those in the secondary, are being flagged for textbook hits that were encouraged and applauded2-3 years ago. You might as well put a flag on the QB and eliminate QB contact altogether. Remember the hit Clay put on Ponder and was flagged for? Crap like that is ruining the game. There is more to the game than big offensive numbers.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delmas may be the exception. I dont see anything overly diry about Suh. Defensive players, especially those in the secondary, are being flagged for textbook hits that were encouraged and applauded2-3 years ago. You might as well put a flag on the QB and eliminate QB contact altogether. Remember the hit Clay put on Ponder and was flagged for? Crap like that is ruining the game. There is more to the game than big offensive numbers.
See, and don't like seeing backup QBs forced in because starting QBs get their knees destroyed (see Brady 2008, Palmer 2006).
Hits clean between the knees and head areas, fine.
Keep them above the knees though.

Southpaw7391

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions fans who are coming in here are writing like true biased fans of their team.
The Lions can do no wrong, ever, and there are no dirty players for the Lions, ever.
Right?
Riiiiiight!
(Call the Pope to canonize the dirty Lions players.)

After watching the videos FrankRizzo posted, man, those certainly look like dirty plays committed by dirty players to me.
The good thing about the Packers is we have the best QB in football who has great awareness and can outrun and outplay dirty defenders.
And I hope Aaron Rodgers continues doing that against Detroit. May Aaron Rodgers and all of his weapons on offense rip the Detroit D-Fence a new big one!
I have no doubt that Aaron Rodgers is very, very carefully studying dirty Detroit players so that he will know what to do to protect himself.
I wish all the luck for the Packers and none for the Detroit Lions. None.
If they do one thing dirty then I hope that they get hit and hit hard with big penalties and fines which they will deserve.
15 yards, 1st down and fines of 75k or above.
If any Packers get taken out of the game due to an injury from a dirty Detroit player and if any Packers on D takes out any Detroit players then so be it.
I would not mind that at all.

Go Packers and beat Detroit big time.
Outscore and humiliate them on their own home field.

I have no apologies and no regrets for this post.
I love my Packers and am very passionate about them being healthy and well against dirty teams.

Dude, you need to relax...Have you ever watched a Lions game ??
I can show you the same video of some of the cr** that Woodson pulled over his career, the Lions play hard
Im not going to try to sugar coat it, its what the NFL is, excuse me, its what it WAS.....
You think Bart Star didn't get rocked by **** Butkus ??

This isn't tennis, if you think what Delmas does is illegal I suggest you read up on tackling, a body diving tackle is not only perfectly legal, it is taught for smaller players to use against bigger players.....I've seen YOUR kicker and punter doing it all the time....Maybe you need to look up those videos ...

I really can't wait until Thursday's game, one its going to show people like you
that you really can't believe everything that is posted online,.....We played the Panthers
on Sunday, the only personal fouls that were called was
"Hands to the face" something that is like holding, happens every play on every team
"Horse Collar" Our DE chased down the ball carrier and dove at him from behind, he ended up grabbing his dread locks, NOT his Collar....And once again NOT Illegal....

I can't say it enough, you will find out Thursday that the Lions are just a hard hitting team, that's it ...
Trouble is if the Lions do end up winning this game, people like you are going to scream foul, reguardles of how they play...

I hope you and your family have a good Thanksgiving, and enjoy the game...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know this game is kind of reminding me of the NFC Championship game, and as frighting as it may be I think the Packers can pull through. I think Dom Capers has been pulling back the defense this year knowing that teams would be preparing against his schemes, along with dealing with injuries to Neal and Collins. Our offense has been practically unstoppable, and even if the Lions could turn the tides early with stopping our offense, its not like our defense is leading in interceptions. The hardest part of the game is going to be the ending of it, the Packers haven't been behind in the 4th quarter and lets hope we keep it that way. ;)

I'd like to think that was true about Capers. But he'd have to be more than a colossal genius to direct the way this defense has performed this season with the "bend don't break" spread.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't tennis, if you think what Delmas does is illegal I suggest you read up on tackling, a body diving tackle is not only perfectly legal, it is taught for smaller players to use against bigger players.....I've seen YOUR kicker and punter doing it all the time....Maybe you need to look up those videos ...

Comparing how a defender tackles to how a kicker, who plays less than 1 minute each game and attempts less than 5 tackles each year tackles. nice.

There's hard tackling and there's malicious tackling. Take off your homer glasses and take a good hard look at your boys.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Take off your homer glasses and take a good hard look at your boys.
I don't think he will. Kind of reminds me of some Steeler's fans we had.

I remember when some of our players have done cheap shots, most of this board was furious and pretty reasonable. Think of it kind of like this, they are on a Packers message board, are fans of an opponent, not compromising, they are just trying to make themselves heard.

Reaction score
I'd like to think that was true about Capers. But he'd have to be more than a colossal genius to direct the way this defense has performed this season with the "bend don't break" spread.

I highly doubt McCarthy would jeoparodize winning games in favor of a weak defense in order to throw teams off. What's the point if you were losing?

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right?
Dude... did you even read my posts? I said one of Suh's plays was blatantly bad. No defense what so ever. I said that two of Delmes' plays were bad plays. What more do you want?

Oh, absolutely. I mean those 4 or 5 videos? Yeah, that's what the Lions players do every week, every play. And every one of those plays are terrible dirty. Even when Suh just pushed Cutler down... dirty as all get out! You should see the teams after we play them. I think we're average 13.5 players put on IR per game. We tops in the league with that stat and proud of it!

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I have seen Suh do too many of those. Hope our line holds up Thursday.
When? Can you give me some examples? I think Suh just has the rep now (semi-deserved because of two widely shown incidences of mauling QBs) and people then just figure "yeah... he's dirty!"

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not watch the video I posted of Delmas' method of tackling?
For what it's worth, I just watched the highlights from the Lions-Panthers game. Six times I saw Delmas involved in plays attempting to tackle or get to the ball runner. All six times he hit at chest level and did not lead with the helmet. Now obviously this is just the highlights and this was just the times I saw him, but that's encouraging to me. Perhaps the low blows are more isolated that you thought? Or perhaps someone talked to Delmas and told him to modify his tackling style? (Or perhaps he just looked good in this game and that was coincidence more than anything else.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've thought in the past that the team adopted the "bad boy mentality" of their coach. But just the other day Coach McCarthy was asked about it and he said basically that they are an "aggressive" team, and he said he doesn't put to much stock in what others are saying. It seems he respects their play.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude... did you even read my posts? I said one of Suh's plays was blatantly bad. No defense what so ever. I said that two of Delmes' plays were bad plays. What more do you want?

Oh, absolutely. I mean those 4 or 5 videos? Yeah, that's what the Lions players do every week, every play. And every one of those plays are terrible dirty. Even when Suh just pushed Cutler down... dirty as all get out! You should see the teams after we play them. I think we're average 13.5 players put on IR per game. We tops in the league with that stat and proud of it!
If you weren't here in the first place then you wouldn't know posts like mine accusing the Lions of dirty play exist and you wouldn't get all upset about it.
I don't go over to Lions boards to see what they are writing about the Packers and I'm not going to.
Ignorance is bliss.
If the shoe was on the other foot and the Packers were the ones accused of dirty play, wouldn't you be nervous for your quarterback too?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've thought in the past that the team adopted the "bad boy mentality" of their coach. But just the other day Coach McCarthy was asked about it and he said basically that they are an "aggressive" team, and he said he doesn't put to much stock in what others are saying. It seems he respects their play.
I hope he is telling the offensive line very firmly to protect Aaron.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your OK with players trying to intentionally hurt each other and you like it?
I mean, based on your post you would have no problem with Aaron being taken out after a hard hit and just proclaiming, "Oh well, that's football for ya!"
Frankly, I'm all for the new penalties and fines. They should do whatever it takes to reduce injuries.

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you weren't here in the first place then you wouldn't know posts like mine accusing the Lions of dirty play exist and you wouldn't get all upset about it.
I don't go over to Lions boards to see what they are writing about the Packers and I'm not going to.
Ignorance is bliss.
Not sure if I follow... are you basically saying that I shouldn't look at this forum then I wouldn't know that Packers fans think the Lions are dirty? If that's what you are saying, you're not addressing my complaint at all. My complaint is that you said:

I pointed out three times when I said the plays in question were not acceptable, ie, dirty plays. Another Lions poster said even more than that in my opinion. You assertion here is wrong. Whether I should or shouldn't be here makes no difference that the Lions fans who are here are NOT all acting like you are saying they are.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Packers were the ones accused of dirty play, wouldn't you be nervous for your quarterback too?

Honestly, I do don't give a whole lot of credit to the "dirty" player or "dirty" team whenever I hear it. I think most off it's just a couple of sensationalized incidents that one could find happening on ANY team during a given season. So no, I wouldn't be nervous if people accused the Packers of being dirty players.

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm all for the new penalties and fines. They should do whatever it takes to reduce injuries.

Here's my thoughts to reduce injuries:
  • Allow receivers to signal fair catch on passes.
  • Put flags on the QB and a defender is only allowed to pull off the flag to "tackle" him.
  • Eliminate Kickoffs, just always start on the 20.
  • No player is allowed to weight more than 250 pounds.
  • Eliminate punts. Use a graduated system to determine how close to the endzone the other team starts based on where on the field the first team is when they call 'PUNT'.
  • No blocking allowed on FGs.
That should make for an enjoyable game.

Latest posts