OFFICIAL PACKERS Thanksgiving day game

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We should fear no one. It is pretty widely accepted there are the Packers and then there is the rest of the NFL. If our D continues to improve in the way they showed against the Vikes, we could be seeing total dominance down the stretch.

But we will see.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is I am getting pretty tired of hearing all the experts around here (Ravens and Redskins country) talk about how the Lions will bring the Pack back to earth. A loss is certainly possible given our history in this game, but I am really hoping for a Packers blowout that will make the Bears game look like a tight contest. Maybe that is the week we put a 60 or 70 on the board??

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised IF The Lions really did give us our first loss.
It's going to happen eventually, and as bad as our defense has played this year, just wait till Thanksgiving. They leave guys wide *** open all down the field, remember Vincent Jackson burning us all day in San Diego? No one covered him most the game. Just wait till we do play Detroit, and see if Megatron is wide *** open and what he's going to do. I am REALLY worried about this game now.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised IF The Lions really did give us our first loss.
It's going to happen eventually, and as bad as our defense has played this year, just wait till Thanksgiving. They leave guys wide *** open all down the field, remember Vincent Jackson burning us all day in San Diego? No one covered him most the game. Just wait till we do play Detroit, and see if Megatron is wide *** open and what he's going to do. I am REALLY worried about this game now.

It's back the drawing board for GB. Bad defense, very hu-hum running game. Rodgers wasn't awesome today and he's not going to be every game. If that bird-brain of a coach for TB made some better decisions, TB could have been right in this game until the very end and may have won. Packers looked very beatable this game and a better team would have done it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's back the drawing board for GB. Bad defense, very hu-hum running game. Rodgers wasn't awesome today and he's not going to be every game. If that bird-brain of a coach for TB made some better decisions, TB could have been right in this game until the very end and may have won. Packers looked very beatable this game and a better team would have done it.

If we lose a game, I'm not going to be worried, as long as we are making a run for a Super Bowl, which is more important. Today was a good wake up call, seeing you're going to have bad games like this, you have good stuff to go through and find room to improve.

I don't think this team is going to go undefeated, but I will say this. Once we do lose a game, it will take pressure off, and give them things to improve on, and have awareness of before going into the playoffs. We were 10-6 in the playoffs last year, and those games in the post season is all that matters.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You guys sometimes worry too much at times. Breathe. Breathe in. Breathe out. 10-0. Breathe in. Breathe out. 10-0.

If the Packers lose they lose. They can afford a loss. The Tampa Bay game was ugly but it happens. I am still picking GB to beat Detroit right now.

Have faith. A game like today is not always the worst thing to happen either.. Just hope Starks will be okay.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

This is actually my biggest concern right now. The run game is inconsistent. I can handle the occasional plays given up on D or Aaron being off at times. The run game could be better/more consistent to me.
Heck even Baltimore gave up plenty of points today. I am a fan of a balanced offense. GB can run the ball I believe but it seems choppy to me lately.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Packers better not play defense like today on Thanksgiving, or it's Detroit who will be giving the Thanks.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's not like the Lions play great D a lot either.....

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
But the Lions know how to rattle the quarterback, oh I mean "try to hurt the quarterback with dirty plays". They do give up big yards too, but that pass rush was built to stop teams like us that pass often.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
But the Lions know how to rattle the quarterback, oh I mean "try to hurt the quarterback with dirty plays". They do give up big yards too, but that pass rush was built to stop teams like us that pass often.

Try to build an early lead and get the run game going too. Despite the offensive firepower of Detroit they don't have a good RB like the Vikes/Bucs either and Stafford can still be rattled and throw picks which the Packers love to collect.

The biggest concern could also be fatigue. Detroit had a big comeback today and put a ton into this game.... On the flip side the Packers sometimes looked sluggish to me coming off a near perfect MNF game against a bit rival, but slept walked half this game. I almost got the feeling the Pack were not 100% into this Tampa Bay game mentally at times....you can't be perfect every week.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What hurts me most with seeing a game like the Pack played today against the Bucs is the fact any quarterback is becoming a problem. The secondary, although making key plays when necessary, are too lax in their assignments and the result is more than enough explosive plays for our opponent. We really need to figure this secondary debacle out or come playoff time, a team like the Saints (crazy passing game) will knock us off the throne.

At the same time, I see this game today and think, "Wow, even on a day where Aaron and the boys were off, they still found a way to come out on top." I think they will take a W at Ford Field Thursday and continue their dominance, it's just things that resonated today which need to be addressed.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very nervous about Thursday. It's possibly because I've started thinking beyond the goal of winning the Super Bowl and hoping for 19-0. But at the same time, I really don't like the way the defense is playing. Without a couple of third-down stops inside the 20, it would have been a totally different game. I honestly don't know if this defense can keep up with the Lions' offense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O line will have to protect Rodgers
Exactly.... he's been taking way too many hits the past 3-4 games. He's flirting with danger.
Guys can get hit on any tackle, and the Lions WANT TO HURT HIM.

So we need to have him stay upright. Our OL needs to play their best game of the year.
We sure could use Brandon Jackson's 3rd down blocking this week. I miss BJax.

I told a friend today when the Lions had scored to make it 27-14 Carolina, that the Lions would come back and win, and be roaring confident coming into our game. They have come from way behind 3 or 4 times this year. They don't get worried.

Their DL with Vandenbosch, former Packer Corey Williams, Suh, and cheap-shot artist Cliff Avril will be hunting for Rodgers all night long, and there won't be friendly chats like we've seen with Jared Allen, and many Bucs today.

It would have been a great game to pound Starks at them a lot, keep them from pinning their ears back all the time.

But the big worry is their offense against our defense. Right now, we've made Rivers look great, and even allowed 340 to Freeman today, in cold weather.

Even when Woodson was younger, Calvin Johnson ate him up. Now they have 2 good tight ends besides him, and they lit up Carolina for 49 today.

This game could be like the regular season game last year at Atlanta, or the playoff game at Arizona 2 years ago... anything in between.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Short week and have to travel. Could be a disaster for The Pack.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Have faith Dan. It will be a tough game for Detroit as well on a short week after a big comeback.

D

Dan115

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Have faith Dan. It will be a tough game for Detroit as well on a short week after a big comeback.

I can remember another undefeated Green Bay team that went into the lions den on Thanksgiving and they were mugged.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't win the Super Bowl the following year after going 6-10, but we were dramatically improved the following year. And that was my point regarding the Lions: They are a dramatically improved team this year over last year. Will that translate into a Super Bowl title for them? I don't know, but the losing culture in Detroit has changed. They have fight, tenacity and a desire to win, something they lacked for the better part of a decade.

As for front office comparisons, I don't see most teams having the same caliber front office as the Packers, but that doesn't mean they can't win the Super Bowl. You still have to play the game. I agree the Packers are a better team and on a neutral field they'll win, but that doesn't mean Detroit isn't on the rise.

I agree with you that this team won't be taking anyone lightly. The rest of our schedule is much tougher than the first part, and we can't afford to take anyone lightly. The Packers are the 2010 Super Bowl champs. The 2011 Packers haven't won anything yet.

I agree, i think the deciding factor will be that the lions are too immature with too much emotion all the way from thier head coach to this years draft pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts