OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm stuck off the boards for one day and this happens?! lol I don't see a blowout of any kind coming, and I predict neither side will get a field goal (though Cundiff might come out and miss one)

So many people rating so many comments... I had like 20 notifications. MADNESS

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could see a wild Divisional weekend this year... everyone on the road except Houston has a legitimate chance at pulling off the upset. I'm very worried about this game, mainly because of what happened in Week 1. Of course, there is the whole Rodgers vs. Kaepernick factor, and I hope that comes into play. I really want to see the San Francisco team that flopped in the 2nd half against New England and then failed to show up against Seattle.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait for this game. I'm really liking how these playoffs are falling into place. Possibly playing 3 teams that beat us in the regular season and we all know how Rodgers plays with a chip on his shoulder! I think if the Pack can play with the same intensity and discipline as last week we should be okay!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

lol you too. Wouldn't be surprised if Mathews had more sacks, I think Aldon Smith has been battling an undisclosed injury, he seems to be playing with one arm most of the time.

Now you`re making excuses......lol :tup: Clay has got two broken legs, a glass eye, an ear infection, a club foot, and ladies problems, but he`ll still be playing AND he`s gonna kill your quarterback too :roflmao:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I know, just pointing out that it was easy to misinterpet what you wrote. Don't worry, been there done that. I usually end up doing when I am trying to be sarcastic.
Sarcasm is totally uncalled for......:roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Justin Smith and his arm might be the biggest key in this game:

I agree. Reports out of San Fran say Smith will play, but in no way will be near 100%. Let's hope he is more of a liability for the 49'ers defense then the force he was pre-injury. That might allow the Packers to get out to an early lead before the 49ers finally pull Smith due to his ineffectiveness to open the line up for Aldon Smith to get pressure on Rodgers.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Reports out of San Fran say Smith will play, but in no way will be near 100%. Let's hope he is more of a liability for the 49'ers defense then the force he was pre-injury. That might allow the Packers to get out to an early lead before the 49ers finally pull Smith due to his ineffectiveness to open the line up for Aldon Smith to get pressure on Rodgers.
I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Smith that happened to Nick Perry in Houston.
Or to Willis or Bowman what happened do Bishop in preseason, or DJ Smith in Houston.

If their defense was missing guys in the same areas as ours (yes 2 first round pick OT's as well), I don't believe the game would be close.

CandlestickBum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers have only lost one game at home this year and they beat the Packers in Lambeau, which is no easy task, so I think they have a slight advantage.

It should be a good game and given the way the Packers have been playing lately, I am glad that they are coming to Candlestick rather than the other way around.

I'll see whoever among you has the chutzpah to travel to the Bayview on Saturday. :cool:

Reaction score
We knew this playoff matchup would be made even before we played in Week 1. Kind of weird we are only 4 days away from it now. Extremely nervous!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a match up that should have happened last year.
Yeah, the **** Giants.... they missed the playoffs this year and 2 years ago, but last year they squeeked in because they stole the game from Dallas last year at the end.... and then they **** both of us up.

Look at this: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...ting-nfl-predictions/?sct=hp_t12_a3&eref=sihp

49ers have 5 ALL-PRO's, including 4 on defense.
Packers have ZERO.

49ers should win this game 42-0.

CandlestickBum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Bayview Wisconsin is a nice little area to go to a nice bar to have a little drink

It is the worst neighborhood in SF and the home of the 49ers for one more year until they move 45 miles out into the suburbs.

Things are usually pretty safe on game-day though, just because of the ridiculous police presence.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Maybe if the 9'ers could square themselves away they would have won a Super Bowl... anytime in recent memory. But unfortunately now they need to wait till next year and hope the Packers get knocked off by another team.

CandlestickBum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the 49ers chances right now, more than any other team, but every team in the NFL has three games left to play to get the trophy, and even if the 49ers have a 60% chance of winning each of the remaining three games (which I think is a good wild guess), that still is only a 1 in 5 chance of winning the Superbowl.

Pretty much all the odds makers are favoring the Broncos at this point. I cannot really blame them, but the Broncos have not played the 49ers, Green Bay, Atlanta, or Seattle this season, so . . . .

Members online

Latest posts