OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

xxPaceRxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatsup guys, 49ers fan here.

Don't worry. I am not here to start a huge trash talking war. I enjoy good debates/conversations as oppose to "your team sucks" type forums. Honestly, I can't even post on the 49ers message board because the whole thing is filled with trolls. Most of them aren't intelligent enough to form complete sentences.

That being said, I really think this will be a good game. The way to beat the 49ers is to pressure the QB. We have only struggled against teams that consistently put pressure on us. Alex was more equipped to deal with pressure, however Kaep has the ability to bolt as well. Ultimately, I think the entire game is going to come down to how healthy Justin Smith really is. If he is not doing well enough to take on double teams(which he always does), then I think the Packers will win. If Justin Smith isn't effective, we will have a tough time getting to Rodgers, and if Rodgers has time, the game will be over. If Justin Smith is effective, it will free up Aldon Smith to do what he does best, get to the QB. Any pressure at all, even if Rodgers is good under pressure, will be good for the 49ers. We have defenders who will capitalize on the smallest mistake. Rodgers won't make any if we don't pressure him.

All in all, I don't think Justin Smith is going to be as effective as usual, which leads me to believe that if the Packers defense can step up and force Kaep into some mistakes, the Packers will win. That being said, I also thought ya'll would beat us early in the season and I thought the Patriots would beat us in December. Hopefully I'm wrong on this game too. :-p

As for Dashon Goldson being dirty, thats complete nonsense. In those videos, you can see that he didn't lead with his head on any of them. Since when is a hard hit dirty? As for the low tackles, they are all against bigger backs. If you know about football, you are taught to tackle low on certain players. Also considering the speed of the game, these decisions are made in a split second, and HBs are athletic enough to move before you hit them. You never know exactly where or how you are going to hit them. Its all about read and react plays. Those hits aren't dirty at all.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully this isn't like the 49ers forum where we can discuss the game without having to attack each other. I wish ya'll the best of luck, like I said - should be a good game.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right and the Vikings could've easily gone into NE in December and beaten the Patriots.
If they still had Randy Moss on their team to tell em how Tom and Co operate, yeah, they probably could have. Don't even play like that didn't happen. For one it just makes sense to take advantage of having that knowledge base on your team. and secondly Al Michaels blew you guys out of the water on that one by putting it on blast right before the kickoff of that game.

Take away Randy telling you guys the ins and outs of the Pat's O and I'll put my life savings on them blowing you guys out of the water as they should have.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they still had Randy Moss on their team to tell em how Tom and Co operate, yeah, they probably could have. Don't even play like that didn't happen. For one it just makes sense to take advantage of having that knowledge base on your team. and secondly Al Michaels blew you guys out of the water on that one by putting it on blast right before the kickoff of that game.

Take away Randy telling you guys the ins and outs of the Pat's O and I'll put my life savings on them blowing you guys out of the water as they should have.

:-O

Seriously? You are saying that the 49ers 31-3 lead was simply Randy Moss giving the 49ers insight? If that's really what you think, you are in for a rude awakening.

I'm not predicting a winner because I have alot of respect for the Pack...something you clearly lack for the 49ers.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must we go over this AGAIN?

1 dimensionl PASS offenses.

Packers, Lions, Saints, Pats.

Thats what he was talking about.
I'm reading from start to finish so I hadn't gotten there when I made that post. But yeah - Make your point correctly the first time instead of back tracking and coming up with new theories just to hold your ground in the argument. You were incorrect initially; period.

Also the Packers have a serviceable running game now so I don't even think it is fair to call them a one dimensional PASS offence at this point.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm reading from start to finish so I hadn't gotten there when I made that post. But yeah - Make your point correctly the first time instead of back tracking and coming up with new theories just to hold your ground in the argument. You were incorrect initially; period.

Also the Packers have a serviceable running game now so I don't even think it is fair to call them a one dimensional PASS offence at this point.

I didn't make the first point, I just defended the original poster.

No need to backtrack when I was right the first time.

As for the Pack being one-dimensional, I'll defer to Packer fans on that one. You guys know your team far better than I.

Reaction score
As a long time 49er fan, it's dismaying how the Packers owned the 49ers in the playoffs. Obviously I'm hoping for some payback, but this is going to be a great game regardless. I'm bought in that the Packers have improved since the early season, and while I'm convinced the 49ers made the right move switching to Kaepernick, he's obviously untested. It helps a lot that his first playoff game will be @ home. Good luck to you guys, no injuries, and may the best team win.

Oh yeah, and I meant to say, this is an outstanding message board, great user interface. Best one I've seen.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-O

Seriously? You are saying that the 49ers 31-3 lead was simply Randy Moss giving the 49ers insight? If that's really what you think, you are in for a rude awakening.

I'm not predicting a winner because I have alot of respect for the Pack...something you clearly lack for the 49ers.

From a scheme standpoint, yes. I acknowledge that the players on the field still have to execute. But if you got someone telling you the little nuances of a QB and the Offence he runs, stuff that you can't pick up on from just watching game tape, I can see 31-3 being a reasonable outcome in that scenario with near perfect execution on the 9ers' part. NE doesn't have the greatest D so putting them up against a relatively unknown QB with limited tape available on him. That would give any team trouble.

You're right though I don't respect the 9ers. I think they are a fluke and a joke. Couple of weeks ago in Seattle proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a scheme standpoint, yes. I acknowledge that the players on the field still have to execute. But if you got someone telling you the little nuances of a QB and the Offence he runs, stuff that you can't pick up on from just watching game tape, I can see 31-3 being a reasonable outcome in that scenario with near perfect execution on the 9ers' part. NE doesn't have the greatest D so putting them up against a relatively unknown QB with limited tape available on him. That would give any team trouble.

You're right though I don't respect the 9ers. I think they are a fluke and a joke. Couple of weeks ago in Seattle proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

OK.

We'll see.

I've been reading that "fluke" crap for 2 years now.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers tend to do well against one dimensional offenses. You guys better pack your running game or you're probably going to lose.
Week 3 vs the Vikings says otherwise.:roflmao:

Must we go over this AGAIN?

1 dimensionl PASS offenses.

Packers, Lions, Saints, Pats.

Thats what he was talking about.
Yeah I totally forgot that it was 94niners that started that line of thought. That first bit was aimed at him more than you; obviously. Sorry for dredging up the dead horse.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I certainly dont think the 49ers are a joke NWCH, since Harbaugh took over they`ve become a strong team again. Earlier in the season they were my likely team for the SB. That said however, they are in our way for another trophy so they HAVE to go. I`m a little worried about the game to be honest, and Aaron NEEDS to get rid of the ball a bit quicker, BUT we`ve come good at the right time, so hopefully an injury free game, and a Mason Crosby 61yd winning FG will do for me.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly dont think the 49ers are a joke NWCH, since Harbaugh took over they`ve become a strong team again. Earlier in the season they were my likely team for the SB. That said however, they are in our way for another trophy so they HAVE to go. I`m a little worried about the game to be honest, and Aaron NEEDS to get rid of the ball a bit quicker, BUT we`ve come good at the right time, so hopefully an injury free game, and a Mason Crosby 61yd winning FG will do for me.
Wow, I'd never admit to betting against the Pack - if I ever did.

Part of why Harbaugh did so well right out of the gate is because he took over a team that basically had all the talent it needed to win right then. Singletary was not prepared to be a head coach and that showed in the stark differences between the way they played in 2010 and how they have played since hiring Harbaugh as HC. Why I think that they are a "joke" is because I don't think they are as good as the verbal ******** always build them up to be. You are more than welcome to disagree though.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So, in all seriousness, the 49ers are an example of what happens when you have very good talent evaluation, good GMs and really bad coaches.

Both Scot McGloughan and now Trent Baalke are very good personel men. McGloughan just had an issue with the bottle.

Nolan and Singletary were HORRIFIC. The team perenially underperformed and didn't use the talent that was there on the team.

Harbaugh is a very good coach, but the Niners may have the most talented roster in the NFL. The one glaring weakness in this regard has been QB. Alex Smith has always been better than he's gotten credit for, but Aaron odgers was obviously a far superior player. I doubt tho that Aaron could have been successful with the BAD, BAD (and different every year) coaching Alex had.

With a GOOD coach and staff combined with back to back GREAT drafts (RT Davis, LG Iupati, ILB Bowman, OLB Smith, QB Kaepernick, CB Culliver, RB Hunter, FB Miller) they have vaulted to the team you see today.

The ONE piece missing was a dynamic passing QB...and thats why Harbaugh made the switch to Kaep. We'll see if it was the right decision, but I for one applaud the courage it toook to make that call.

I

Part of why Harbaugh did so well right out of the gate is because he took over a team that basically had all the talent it needed to win right then. Singletary was not prepared to be a head coach and that showed in the stark differences between the way they played in 2010 and how they have played since hiring Harbaugh as HC. Why I think that they are a "joke" is because I don't think they are as good as the verbal ******** always build them up to me. You are more than welcome to disagree though.

I should have phrased that differently. IF we didn`t get to the Superbowl, I thought the 49ers were likely. :oops:

Reaction score

Part of why Harbaugh did so well right out of the gate is because he took over a team that basically had all the talent it needed to win right then. Singletary was not prepared to be a head coach and that showed in the stark differences between the way they played in 2010 and how they have played since hiring Harbaugh as HC. Why I think that they are a "joke" is because I don't think they are as good as the verbal ******** always build them up to be. You are more than welcome to disagree though.

I don't really buy this argument. The 49ers brought in a large number of players post-Singletary that made a huge difference. They drafted Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendal Hunter and Bruce Miller. Smith and Miller started (at OLB and FB, respectively), Culliver and Hunter got a lot of play, and CK didn't do anything in 2011.

They also added CB Carlos Rogers, S Donte Whitner, C Jonathan Goodwin, and PK David Akers, all who made impacts in 2011. That's 6 new starters and 2 key backups added post Singletary.

Without those players, I doubt the 49ers go 13-3 in 2011. You also have to give credit to Harbaugh for putting the team together during a shortened offseason. The offense was crippled the first half of the year to give Smith, a notoriously slow learner of systems, time to pick it up.

They did just about everything right in the 2011 season. Except have a reliable backup punt returner.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really buy this argument. The 49ers brought in a large number of players post-Singletary that made a huge difference. They drafted Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendal Hunter and Bruce Miller. Smith and Miller started (at OLB and FB, respectively), Culliver and Hunter got a lot of play, and CK didn't do anything in 2011.

They also added CB Carlos Rogers, S Donte Whitner, C Jonathan Goodwin, and PK David Akers, all who made impacts in 2011. That's 6 new starters and 2 key backups added post Singletary.

Without those players, I doubt the 49ers go 13-3 in 2011. You also have to give credit to Harbaugh for putting the team together during a shortened offseason. The offense was crippled the first half of the year to give Smith, a notoriously slow learner of systems, time to pick it up.

They did just about everything right in the 2011 season. Except have a reliable backup punt returner.

While thats true that they had those back to back drafts, they already had Vernon, Willis, Justin Smith, Frank, Staley, Delanie, Crabtree, McDonald, and Deshon. Sing got Anthony Davis, Iupati, and Bowman as well.

There was alot of talent there already. Baalke did a great job adding to that and filling all the holes, but under Nolan and particularly Sing, this team WAY underperformed.

I

HAHAHA.............9er fans discussing thier team on OUR forum. That just takes the biscuit. Sorry guys but.....

Reaction score
While thats true that they had those back to back drafts, they already had Vernon, Willis, Justin Smith, Frank, Staley, Delanie, Crabtree, McDonald, and Deshon. Sing got Anthony Davis, Iupati, and Bowman as well.

There was alot of talent there already. Baalke did a great job adding to that and filling all the holes, but under Nolan and particularly Sing, this team WAY underperformed.

The 49ers performed just about where they should have performed under Singletary. They had a mediocre-at-best QB, very little talent at the edges (no pass rush, poor CB play, no impact WR's, and a terrible offensive coordinator [Jimmy Raye, hired by Singletary]). They only appear to have all that talent in hindsight. The talent might have been in place to field a .500 team, but certainly not a winning team.

I should also mention that the Baalke/Harbaugh management were responsible for releasing LB Takeo Spikes and replacing him with Nate Bowman, who was on the roster but little used by Singletary, and promoting DT Ray MacDonald to a starting position, where he has played at high level.

I doubt there are many coach/gm combinations out there that could have acheived what the 49ers did. Now, can they keep it going after some likely offseason attrition.

xxPaceRxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHAHA.............9er fans discussing thier team on OUR forum. That just takes the biscuit. Sorry guys but.....
I'll leave.

I just like discussion the games with other teams fans. Didn't realize no one else was welcome here. Later and good luck on Saturday.

I

I'll leave.

I just like discussion the games with other teams fans. Didn't realize no one else was welcome here. Later and good luck on Saturday.

you`ve taken it out of context mate. I was talking about one 49er fan talking to another 49er fan about squad strengths and weaknesses on a Packer forum. No offence intended

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll leave.

oh man, that *is* inappropriate, terribly sorry old chap.

Hahaha, I think you both took what buggybill2003 wrote the wrong way. The way I interpreted that post was that it was just funny to see 9er fans talking amongst themselves about the 9ers on a Packer board. I got nothing more than that from his post.

Members online

Latest posts