OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week I was super pessimistic and "picked against" the Packers as a prediction (of course I was cheering for them the whole way). This week, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say what I really think. Rodgers has waited for this moment since draft day 2005. He's up against a guy who's never started a playoff game before. This will be a repeat of the Falcons game 2 years ago. It won't be close. Packers win in a blowout.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm still concerned, but I'll say victory is not out of reach, and certainly not as far away as some might believe. Entirely winnable.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week I was super pessimistic and "picked against" the Packers as a prediction (of course I was cheering for them the whole way). This week, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say what I really think. Rodgers has waited for this moment since draft day 2005. He's up against a guy who's never started a playoff game before. This will be a repeat of the Falcons game 2 years ago. It won't be close. Packers win in a blowout.

Bold.

We'll see. :) I'll either be in the stands celebrating or drowning my sorrow.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes...we all know he wanted to be in SF and he feels "wronged". Maybe tho he should be looking at his own head coach tho who was a part of that decision.

I don't know of anyone in SF who wouldn't rather have Rodgers. I wanted them to draft him before the draft....when the Niners got the top pick I was super happy because I thought they would take him. I saw him play at Cal.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yes...we all know he wanted to be in SF and he feels "wronged". Maybe tho he should be looking at his own head coach tho who was a part of that decision.

I don't know of anyone in SF who wouldn't rather have Rodgers. I wanted them to draft him before the draft....when the Niners got the top pick I was super happy because I thought they would take him. I saw him play at Cal.
I actually think that was a major part of what brought MM here

An article said MM told him it was a virtual certainty they (SF) would draft him during the interview. Last time I checked GM gave final say.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope you are right, but it's not like Rodgers plays DL, ILB, S, or OL.
He can't do it all..... it is not him I am worried about.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very nervous.
I think tomorrow, I will stay busy right up until gametime, like last week.
I will go to 5:00 church service, and then roll into a sports bar at about 6:45, and then get ready to yell & shout.

I can see any scenario unfolding tomorrow.
We win a great game, close.
We lose a great game, close.
We fade and lose easily, like vs NYG last year, manhandled in the trenches, turnovers and drops by us.
We open it up and throttle them, like we did to Atlanta 2 years ago.

I just don't want it to come down to Crosby.
There will be many faints and heart attack by Packer fans if it does.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
I hate to predict but it will be really a good game. And high scoring one would predict! I will say high scoring game!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN Accuscore Simulations:

ACCUSCORE

WINNING ODDS [?]

52% 48%

Accuscore Predictions
Over/Under Probability
44.5 UNDER 40.7%

Spread Probability
GB +3.0 54.7%
SF -3.0 38.1%

Team Win% Pts Big Win Close Win
GB 51.7% 24.7 28.0% 12.1%
SF 48.3% 24.2 25.1% 13.8%

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB isn't nearly as good as they were last year. As long as our defense shows up, I have faith that Kaepernick, Gore, Crabtree and the rest of our offense will get the job done. Go 9ers baby

We were in that game week one all the way down to the last drive....
GB played like S*&t thatame as well and still had a chance to win.

I don't see a noob QB beating our secondary.
52 and 21 should also have a few sacks between them.

49ers pass rush is legit though.
thats the only part of todays game where I think we have a big match up problem.
not too confident in our O-line against their front 7

34-21 GB

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

thats the only part of todays game where I think we have a big match up problem.

34-21 GB

The 1st game was not as close as the score. SF clearly dominated.

The reason why SF has a good chance to win this game is because they are strong where we are weak. They have a dominant OL and a dominant front 7. They win the battles in the trenches.

That's why relying on the magic of Aaron Rodgers and our talented receving corps is not enough. We have to be able to run the ball, and SF's front 7 stopped the run the 1st time and were able to pressure Rodgers without blitzing. And we have to be able to keep Frank Gore from running the ball behind an OL that is very capable of blowing us off the LOS.

Kaepernick may be a noob, but if SF's OL gives him time and Gore is able to run, it won't matter.

RamsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams fan here (not that you'd know by the name or anything). Cheering hard for the Packers to spank the overrated Whiners on Saturday evening. I've had the great displeasure of watching Aaron Rodgers go off a few times against my boys, but that's alright. Aaron is the best quarterback in the game right now, and it's time for him and his teammates to exact revenge on the Whiners for that opening season defeat. Now, I would really enjoy seeing Atlanta end Seattle's season on a sour note since there's so many people hopping on the Shesquawks' bandwagon, but just think, Packers fans... imagine if the Shesquawks do ultimately upend the Falcons in the Georgia Dome... if Green Bay knocks out the Whiners (please do... please do), more revenge can be had after that Monday night debacle.

Outside of the game against the Rams (ugh), I didn't watch the Packers much this season. I've heard people affirm the defense to be abysmal at times. If that's true, I hope that Saturday night won't be one of those times.

Good luck. Hope the Whiners are steamrolled handily!

7Squared

Cheesehead
Reaction score

34-21 GB

That game should've been 30-14 SF. Don't forget the free Cobb punt return TD the replacement refs gave you guys. There were two illegal blocks in the back on that play.

We dominated every aspect of that game. We played the game our way. And this Saturday, with they way the Packers are built, I don't think they have a choice but to play our style of football. To beat us they're gonna have to run, dominate our front 7, and hit us right in the mouth. And on defense they're gonna have to dominate our O-line and stuff our running game. Honestly, I don't see the packers doing any of that. It's gonna be a repeat of week 1. They're gonna rely on Aaron Rodgers to do EVERYTHING.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game should've been 30-14 SF. Don't forget the free Cobb punt return TD the replacement refs gave you guys. There were two illegal blocks in the back on that play.

We dominated every aspect of that game. We played the game our way. And this Saturday, with they way the Packers are built, I don't think they have a choice but to play our style of football. To beat us they're gonna have to run, dominate our front 7, and hit us right in the mouth. And on defense they're gonna have to dominate our O-line and stuff our running game. Honestly, I don't see the packers doing any of that. It's gonna be a repeat of week 1. They're gonna rely on Aaron Rodgers to do EVERYTHING.

Don't forget that the replacement officials let your DB's hold our receivers the entire game.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean our 3rd and 4th string dbs holding manningham who is out, an unused Ted gin, and ur only consistent wr in Crabtree? Stopping the 49ers is not a complicated task, limit their effectiveness to run and make kap beat the packers, spread the 9ers dbs, only way 9ers win is if they sack Rodgers 5+ Times

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/print?id=52190
Kevin Seifert said:
Packers-49ers II: Charles Woodson's impact

By Kevin Seifert
We had a few discussions late this season on the Green Bay Packers' defense before, during and after linebacker Clay Matthews' hamstring injury. It's not too hard to figure out; Matthews has 15 sacks in 13 regular-season and postseason games.

Woodson's Impact

How the Packers' defense fared with and without Charles Woodson this season.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But what about the Charles Woodson factor? How did Woodson's fractured collarbone impact the Packers defense, and what will his presence mean for Saturday night's divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers?

As the chart shows, the Packers' defense was predictably better this season when Woodson was on the field. But what's interesting is that defensive coordinator Dom Capers was significantly more aggressive in terms of sending extra rushers -- especially when one of them was a defensive back.

In his first game back since suffering the injury, Woodson was on the field for all 63 of the Packers' defensive snaps. In that game, the Packers sent at least one extra rusher against the Minnesota Vikings on 48 percent of their dropbacks. For context, consider that the Packers' blitz rate for the season was 40 percent -- and that was the fourth-highest in the NFL.

Game plans are always opponent-specific, but at the very least I think we can agree that Capers has a bigger playcard at his disposal with Woodson on the field. The 49ers will no doubt expect the same thing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff on Woodson.
I remember seeing something similar to that in the Super Bowl against the Steelers.
He was in for about 29 minutes, and out for 31 minutes, and the passing of Roethlisberger went from Tim Rattay-like to Joe Montana-like once Woodson went out.

The thing that I don't like though, is we had Woodson in both playoff losses to the Giants, and the Cardinals, who were about 37/40 passing on us, with Woodson and Clay there.
Obviously a while ago and a different defense now though...... and Kaepernick is no Warner who was maybe the best pure passer of the past decade.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Great stuff on Woodson.
The thing that I don't like though, is we had Woodson in both playoff losses to the Giants, and the Cardinals, who were about 37/40 passing on us, with Woodson and Clay there.
Obviously a while ago and a different defense now though...... and Kaepernick is no Warner who was maybe the best pure passer of the past decade.
Our defense was just HORRID last season, even with our starters. We're doing a lot better this season and I believe Chuck will be the difference maker as Dom should be using him to bring pressure on Kaep.

GO PACK.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Grass has more "give". Players don't get their feet stuck in the turf and get their knees all jacked up in the process.
I was wrong - it's not Field Turf on Lambeau, it's Desso GrassMaster. Here's what Wikipedia says about it: "(It) is a sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres. The artificial grass fibres are injected 20 centimetres (7.9 in) deep, and cover about 3% of the surface. While the grass is growing, the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres. The designers claim this anchors the field to create a solid, even structure with good drainage and 'playing comfort'." I knew it was a mix of artificial and real grass, not just turf. The Packers installed it in '07 and it's been a great playing surface. IMO it would be great in SF too. Of course the Packers also have an underground heating system that isn't necessary in SF.

Members online

Latest posts