Official Lions thread

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They are the Lions, we* are not. We* win, case closed!
*the word "we" is used metaphorically to indicate the team that this board is about.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the teams in the division I think we stand the best chance of beating the Lions and that is precisely why I would approach this game with extreme caution. Most games where we were projected the probable winner, we have struggled. I see the Lions giving us a bit of trouble but the Packers prevailing in the end.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a trap game. I See Detroit pulling the upset because we won't be able to get to Stafford, and the o-line will struggle. I pray i'm wrong.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a trap game. I See Detroit pulling the upset because we won't be able to get to Stafford, and the o-line will struggle. I pray i'm wrong.

I do not think Rodgers will allow that to happen (trap game)

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
One thing tramon should have kept his mouth shut did he really say he was gonna be Optimus prime and shut down megaton? Yeah ok tramon you couldn't cover a 32 year old Reggie Wayne you really think your going to cover Calvin?

I see Calvin having a huge game but Rodgers outdoes stafford and megatron and we win to the tune of 31-21

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Rodgers going to get to Stafford? :)

I do not think Rodgers will allow that to happen (trap game)

Rodell330 said:
This is a trap game. I See Detroit pulling the upset because we won't be able to get to Stafford, and the o-line will struggle. I pray i'm wrong.​

H

HardRightEdge

One thing tramon should have kept his mouth shut did he really say he was gonna be Optimus prime and shut down megaton? Yeah ok tramon you couldn't cover a 32 year old Reggie Wayne you really think your going to cover Calvin?

I see Calvin having a huge game but Rodgers outdoes stafford and megatron and we win to the tune of 31-21

10/7/12: Reggie Wayne 13 / 212 / 1
1/1/12: Calvin Johnson 11 / 244 / 1
9/18/11: Steve Smith 6 / 156 / 0

Undisciplined teams with an abundance of physical talent (Detroit, Dallas) tend to be inconsistent. You just don't know what you're going to get on a given day, which makes them dangerous. I would not consider this a trap game, despite our record against them and in domes in the McCarthy era.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How is Rodgers going to get to Stafford? :)

Rodell330 said:
This is a trap game.

He mentioned trap game, I addressed his comment..Rodgers as a leader wont allow it to be a trap game....

Do I really need to address every part of his sentence?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He didnt say shut down

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/tramon-williams-says-hes-the-real-optimus-prime/

Williams isn’t vowing to totally shut Johnson down, but he is promising a better game than last time.
“That’s what’s going down on Sunday – me going against Calvin,” Williams said. “He’s going to make some plays and I’m going to make some plays. We’ll see who wins the battle in the end.”

I thought Woody was covering Wayne?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t have anything “official” to say but since I couldn’t find the “unofficial” thread :D :

I wouldn’t call this a “trap game” as the Packers are only favored by about 3 points and even though the Lions are a game under .500 it’s a division game and those are almost always hard fought. IOW, when I think of trap games they’re games “overlooked” by fans because of an overwhelming expectation of victory accompanied by a point spread like the Indy game. I expect the Packers to win a very hard fought game but don’t dismiss the real possibility they could lose.

Larrivee thinks the Lions have the best OL in the division and that combined with Matthews’ absence and the other injuries on D give the Lions a real fighting chance. This isn’t a popular opinion but I think the D will do better emphasizing coverage as opposed to blitzing more than usual. The player responsible for nearly one-third of their QB sacks, hits and pressures won’t be playing and I don’t think there’s a scheme innovative enough to overcome that. IMO the best course is to cover and allow Raji, Walden, Moses and others time to get to the QB.

Either way I expect the Lions to score more points than the Packers have averaged giving up so far this season. And that means Rodgers and the passing offense will have to be on and the running game just good enough to let that happen.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have had issues with the Lions and Vikings no matter what their record when we play them in their domes..

This is no different

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions still without their starting safeties and Corey Williams will be replaced by Nick Fairley this week.
This is one game in which trying to stretch the field may be better than running the football. Getting through the Lions front seven is the key. We have to protect Rodgers. Too many QBs went down last week and won't be playing this week. Let's not let that happen to ARod.
Should probably be a higher scoring game with both defenses beat up much like last year's finale.
Hope the Lions penalties factor more than Crosby missing FGs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers texts Flynn after the game... "remember that single game record you had? key word is had."

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we absolutely destroy this team but when Clay went down last week and our D made Skelton look like a good qb scares me to think what Stafford will look like. I think this is going to be a close game, I hope I'm wrong though.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions offensive line SHOULD be the best in the division but that may not say much. Stafford has faced a lot of pressure. They don't have any more of a running game than we do. And look at the number of holding penalties and false starts they have. The QB in our division who has had it the best is Vikings' QB Ponder. How else can you explain moving the ball against the 49ers? And yes, they have AP, but even the best RB needs some blocking to get the the second tier of the defense.
We just have to put up points and do something with our special teams.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see this as a trap game(whatever that means) at all but for different reasons than have been discussed. The Packers are a wounded animal. There's just no way they should go into the game taking it for granted. I hope they know they have to reach down a bit deeper with Jordy, Clay, Jennings and others out. They will have to play hard every down. I hope we jump on Stafford early and often but I'm not sure where the pass rush is coming from? I am very worried about this game. It's no where close to being a gimme.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts