Official Lions SNF Thread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea yea ok. But nobody can tell me the defense didn't look horrible those first two drives..also that you were not thinking here we go again geting blasted on Sunday night football.

Of course defense looked horrible...and I didnt think that we were getting blasted again...I had to see the offense at least play

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby is fine. It was a worthwhile attempt. On a night when Jason Hanson misses 2 FG's, I'm not going to complain about missing 1 long one in swirling wind.

At that point in the game, there is no reason to risk field position on that field goal. Not only has Crosby been struggling, he's a coin flip from 50+ in his career.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is a bad coach? C'mon now...overstatement of the night.

4th and 10 is pretty low percentage. 3 points would've been a big lift. He already made a 49 yarder earlier, and no one was upset about that, this one was 2 yards difference. I would've also been okay with punting and playing for field position there. Neither is a ridiculous call by any stretch.

McCarthy is 4th all time in Packer coach winning percentage. He's pretty much neck and neck with Holmgren, who had some of the best teams the Packers have ever had, and has so far brought home the same amount of Super Bowl wins.

The guy rallied probably the most-injury riddled Super Bowl team ever to an improbable playoff run and Super Bowl win. He's still kept this team together as well, despite the injuries. I understand frustration in the heat of the moment, but to say McCarthy is a bad coach is just a ridiculous overstatement.

I said it before, winning covers a lot of his deficiencies.

In my opinion, he's not a great coach. Call it an overstatement if you want, but that's the way I feel.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So add that to the fact he's been struggling all year and the field goal decision is not a good one.

Add to the fact that he's steadily working his way out of his slump and it was early in the game and it was good call... a call most any coach would make.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I said it before, winning covers a lot of his deficiencies.

In my opinion, he's not a great coach. Call it an overstatement if you want, but that's the way I feel.

It's good to be in touch with your feelings. Good for you. But the facts out-weigh your feelings. He wins games and he's not going anywhere. Get over it.

12theTruth

So you missed the lat game then.

Please continue to pick against the Packers. Hopefully it will turn out just as well next time!

HyponGrey Its just a "prediction". Many threads on this board elliciting these throughout the season. I've picked the Packers to win FAR more than to lose.
Reason why you WATCH entire game before jumping

longtimefan I don't typically see the ones critiquing the criticism in the chat box in there from beginning to end. Or at least don't see active comments from beginning to end of game. Maybe that is why some stay away, so they can yell at their TV instead of in the chat room. Hindsight is 20/20. The Packers deserved to be criticized for certain play and playcalling. Many fans are either life long or stock owners and have a HUGE emotional investment in the game and thus need to verbalize their frustrations.

Gladly there isn't a fan card which states no criticism allowed or some fans would be kicked off the train it seems.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add to the fact that he's steadily working his way out of his slump and it was early in the game and it was good call... a call most any coach would make.

Fine. In your opinion the kick attempt was the right thing to do. In mine, it wasn't. I prefer the field position.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good to be in touch with your feelings. Good for you. But the facts out-weigh your feelings. He wins games and he's not going anywhere. Get over it.

I never said "fire McCarthy" so that's great news that "he's not going anywhere". Thanks for being awesome!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HyponGrey Its just a "prediction". Many threads on this board elliciting these throughout the season. I've picked the Packers to win FAR more than to lose.

longtimefan I don't typically see the ones critiquing the criticism in the chat box in there from beginning to end. Or at least don't see active comments from beginning to end of game. Maybe that is why some stay away, so they can yell at their TV instead of in the chat room. Hindsight is 20/20. The Packers deserved to be criticized for certain play and playcalling. Many fans are either life long or stock owners and have a HUGE emotional investment in the game and thus need to verbalize their frustrations.

Gladly there isn't a fan card which states no criticism allowed or some fans would be kicked off the train it seems.

Apparently in this forum you can't criticize anybody. Everybody should just log on, say nice things about everybody and end all of their sentences with a smiley face :)

12theTruth

:barefoot::barefoot:.....:sneaky:.....:cautious:

My sister when she posts to online message boards did just what you mentioned. Ends each of her posts with smilies. It gets kind of annoying.:) Kind of lost the meaning after awhile.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:barefoot::barefoot:.....:sneaky:.....:cautious:

My sister when she posts to online message boards did just what you mentioned. Ends each of her posts with smilies. It gets kind of annoying.:) Kind of lost the meaning after awhile.

Just be sure to never say anything bad about anybody :) Never get upset! :inlove: Just be happy! :cool:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said "fire McCarthy" so that's great news that "he's not going anywhere". Thanks for being awesome!

You called him a "bad" coach in this thread and a "terrible" coach in another. It is assumed that most people who consider their coach to be "bad" or "terrible" do not want them to continue to be employed in that position.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You called him a "bad" coach in this thread and a "terrible" coach in another. It is assumed that most people who consider their coach to be "bad" or "terrible" do not want them to continue to be employed in that position.

You know what they say happens when you assume Adam... :tup:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could stay and just stop calling fullback handoffs on 2nd-and-long and having Crosby kick 50+ yarders... #seemseasy #rockonAdam :eek:

I think it's pretty silly logic to say a coach is terrible but then say you never wanted him fired, but that's just me. As far as the decisions themselves, every coach in the NFL has fans who hate their decisions at times. Every one. You're entitled to your opinion though, will just have to agree to disagree.

And IMO, if you're not willing to give your kicker a shot at 3 points from 50 yards most of the time the opportunity presents itself, they probably don't belong on your roster.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He could stay and just stop calling fullback handoffs on 2nd-and-long and having Crosby kick 50+ yarders... #seemseasy #rockonAdam :eek:

I see. So he should get all game day decisions approved by you first. I'll be sure to pass along the memo.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

So you dont see the chat and assume something?

I can ***** about Rodgers not throwing the ball and getting sacked...Talk about why run on 3rd and 10...Ect.....

These quotes are what get me

Score is 7-0 Rodgers fumbles and Lions are about to score

"its over, they can't win now"

"Soon as the Packers saw the Bears lose, I knew the Packers would lose"

Every week its same thing, I hate watching this

Capers isnt a DC, he is to old

Looks like we were prepared for this game

Where is smart *** lontimefan
lurking and waiting until we win and then saying the result was obvious all along

Licking MM and TT's a@@'s

that's ok. we'll still screw it up despite the penalty against them.

Season is over

capers and his ****** play calling cant stop anyone. KG could call a shutout with this D

Why doesnt Capers coach on sideline

Cuz he is a *****

So I dont jump off a bridge like some here when the other team scores and say lets give it a few series before saying they lost or things like that and I am told I am licking Teds ***?

So I avoid it as much as I can because of those childish comments...I dont need that

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see. So he should get all game day decisions approved by you first. I'll be sure to pass along the memo.

Never said that either.... Keeping being "the coolest guy on the forum" GreenBlood... You are by far the most witty person here... Your family must be proud! :inlove:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never said that either.... Keeping being "the coolest guy on the forum" GreenBlood... You are by far the most witty person here... Your family must be proud! :inlove:

By your own admissions he is horrible and terrible, but you do not want him fired..Ok...But by terrible you mean 2nd and long handoffs or 50 yard fg att...

The next logical answer is if he didnt do those, he wouldnt be terrible..Since it ****** you off, he must be still doing those so it makes him terrible..

How can he stop doing those stupid plays????? Since it appears he wont...

HE SHOULD get your permission as what to run, then he wouldnt be terrible

Members online

Latest posts