Official Lions SNF Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the snow tonight and slicker turf the pass rushes will be minimized a lot like they were in that 45-41 game last New Years. Look for a lot of **** and dunk, roll outs, stretch plays, along with each QB trying to run and slide. With neither having much of a running attack it won't be a grinder. After last week our D will probably be glad to double up on Megatron instead of chasing AP. Hopefully, Stafford will get careless enough to throw a couple to us. Now we just have to catch it.
Grant has to hold on to the football. His last carry in January for us was a fumble in similar playing conditions.

12theTruth

I have a feeling McCarthy's run of W's against the North ends tonite. The Pack are more focused on getting their missing players "FULLY" healthy than on getting the W. The D-Line which may have ONLY 4 healthy players will be gassed and the law of averages will play out. Lions 34 Packers 24

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather is a plus for the Pack. We don't have a great running game but the Lions have none. Stafford will melt in the snow. Pack 34-13.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good old fashioned snow game would be nice. When I was a kid there were more common place and I loved them more than any other game. Few and far between these days.

But with respect to our chances, a dry field is probably a little better bet.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense got worked the first drive. Hopefully adjustments are made. To much nickle imo. Thats why woodson is so valuable.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Mike running the ball on first down into the heart of the Lion defense after an interception giving us great field position. God what a stupid **** call. Way to seize the momentum.:rolleyes:

12theTruth

The Lions have tended to fold when faced with adversity in the recent past. The Packers do have that aspect in their favor. However our offense has went nowhere in the first half because our line can't pass block. This game is the Lion's to lose. Rodgers and company grind it out, maybe hit a big one, get a small lead, and hope that Detroit once again implodes.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care who takes offense, but that sequence in the 3rd quarter is why McCarthy is a bad coach. Why do you let a struggling kicker attempt a 50+ yard kick? If you are going for it, why not just let Rodgers throw the ball down field? Sequences like that are BEYOND frustrating.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
why wasnt there a penalty on Fairley when he put down Rodgers late in 4th? Rodgers over threw Jennings for a Td and Fairley pushed his face mask up...Isnt that a flag?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice win! Improvements in all our problematic areas. O-Line (Barkclay), run game and run blocking, defense. All of these areas are only going to improve even more over time especially the defense when we get Clay and Woodson back. Shall I say it again. 2010.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't care who takes offense, but that sequence in the 3rd quarter is why McCarthy is a bad coach. Why do you let a struggling kicker attempt a 50+ yard kick? If you are going for it, why not just let Rodgers throw the ball down field? Sequences like that are BEYOND frustrating.

Crosby is fine. It was a worthwhile attempt. On a night when Jason Hanson misses 2 FG's, I'm not going to complain about missing 1 long one in swirling wind.

12theTruth

I have a feeling McCarthy's run of W's against the North ends tonite. The Pack are more focused on getting their missing players "FULLY" healthy than on getting the W. The D-Line which may have ONLY 4 healthy players will be gassed and the law of averages will play out. Lions 34 Packers 24

Funny rating? Shows a bit of snarkiness eh after the fact. Not much different than if I would log back in and pound my chest if I were right. Most people were predicting a close game and for awhile the Lions were having their way. What this game proved more than anything is that a team with poor leadership and a lack of discipline (the Lions) will go a long way despite whatever positional advantages they may have on the field.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a nice win. The Lions came in completely dominating and at 0-14 it was looking pretty bad. Then friction (or lack of it) gives us a break with the fumble-6 and from there on we took the driver's seat. Saw some pretty good pass coverage in the second half. Pass rush is still lacking, but when Clay gets back that should pick up a lot. Not so sure how much impact Woodson will have as he is not the same guy physically that he was in his many probowl years.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

McCarthy is a bad coach? C'mon now...overstatement of the night.

4th and 10 is pretty low percentage. 3 points would've been a big lift. He already made a 49 yarder earlier, and no one was upset about that, this one was 2 yards difference. I would've also been okay with punting and playing for field position there. Neither is a ridiculous call by any stretch.

McCarthy is 4th all time in Packer coach winning percentage. He's pretty much neck and neck with Holmgren, who had some of the best teams the Packers have ever had, and has so far brought home the same amount of Super Bowl wins.

The guy rallied probably the most-injury riddled Super Bowl team ever to an improbable playoff run and Super Bowl win. He's still kept this team together as well, despite the injuries. I understand frustration in the heat of the moment, but to say McCarthy is a bad coach is just a ridiculous overstatement.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So you missed the lat game then.
Please continue to pick against the Packers. Hopefully it will turn out just as well next time!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy rallied probably the most-injury riddled Super Bowl team ever to an improbable playoff run and Super Bowl win. He's still kept this team together as well, despite the injuries. I understand frustration in the heat of the moment, but to say McCarthy is a bad coach is just a ridiculous overstatement.

Right on there. Compare to SB 31, where we had one of the most dominating teams in NFL history. Back then, one could stack the deck with free agents, but in today's NFL it is not the best strategy for long term success. Picking up bargains, late round picks, cut players, and undrafted free agents and grooming them is what the perennial winning teams (like GB and NE) do in this age. So I guess a lot of credit goes to Ted Thompson as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts