** Official If You Were Packers GM This Off Season Thread **

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1- Trade a 3rd rounder and fergusson for moss ... resign Green
2- 1st round Draft Lynch
3- 2nd round Draft Zach Miller
4- Rest of the rounds draft best defensive players available and a late pick for a FB

That would leave me with

QB --- Same as last year
RB --- Green Lynch Morency
FB --- Late Draft Pick Henderson
WR --- Moss Driver Jennings Robinson
TE --- Franks used to block … and Miller for my go to guy TE
O-LINE --- Same as last year

D-LINE --- Same as last year with some rotations etc (we should be fine)
CB --- Harris Woodson Blackmon Bush ( late round pick depending whos on the board )
SS/FS --- Underwood Collins Manuel ( late round pick depending whos on the board )
LB --- Same as last year

How about you guys … do you agree or disagree … and what would you guys do ????

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2- 1st round Draft Lynch
4- Rest of the rounds draft best defensive players available and a late pick for a FB

That would leave me with

QB --- Same as last year

CB --- Harris Woodson Blackmon Bush ( late round pick depending whos on the board )
SS/FS --- Underwood Collins Manuel ( late round pick depending whos on the board )
LB --- Same as last year

looks good to me, but i would also want to sign jenkins and extend al harris' contract. not to mention giving barnett some type of extenshion

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
2- 1st round Draft Lynch

That would leave me with

QB --- Same as last year

LB --- Same as last year

looks good to me, but i would also want to sign jenkins and extend al harris' contract. not to mention giving barnett some type of extenshion

lol i consider them done like a guarantee thing you know ... well if we want to go playoffs lol

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: ** Official If You Were Packers GM This Off Season Threa

Im just gonna spit ball here......Some thoughts and best available Free Agents in my mind...

Moss deal is becoming a reality...a 3rd rounder and a vet....Id give it up in a heartbeat...I'd offer any vet we had except for driver....

WR: If Moss deal is a no go...I'd look into Daunte Stallworth or Peter Warrick and take the cheaper of the two...Another good WR, however, he is restricted, is Patrick Crayton of the cowboys. Anyone who watched him last year could see what a threat he was, and at times he was the go to man across the middle....Must I put a notion in again for a Jerry Rice Comeback LOL...

RB: Try to renegotiate with Green for pete's sake...He's way overpaid!!

Secondary: Asaute Samuel, Nate clements, Ken Hamlin, Michael Lewis, and Gibril Wilson are available, but yeah right. Plus injuries mounted to some of them last year...But there is no arguein they can play.

LB: We are pretty solid, but London fletcher is out there along with Lance Briggs....ALthough I'm sure not for long..

DL: Dwight Freeney...Might aswell wish on a star..Could u imagine the DE rotation to keep everyone fresh with Kampman, Kabir, and Freeney...

Draft: Im really not too impressed with this years draft class other than peterson, who prolly has already taken too much of a work load in college...I mean it's nothing like last years crop...All the rookies panned out last year just some more than others.......Hawk, VY, Bush, Leinart, and yes even Mario wasnt a total failure...I still would have taken VY if I was houston though...

----Some of these may have recently signed, im not really on par, but these players were available at the end of the season...If we get randy I'd be happy with the offseason as long as we also had a good draft..

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers re-signing Green... He is older and much slower. He has lost that extra gear he had in the open field.

Productive, all around TE is also a necessity... Shockey may be?

Moss is usually the cancer in the locker room in his 2nd or 3rd year...
Is he worth a look for THIS, and maybe Favre's LAST year?

We need an upgrade for the safety positions.

How about a replacement for Aaron Rodgers? Who is that QB for Notre Dame?

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers re-signing Green... He is older and much slower. He has lost that extra gear he had in the open field.

Agree on the TE upgrade...

Disagree on Moss, we'd only be signing him to use him for 2-3 years anyway for a superbowl run. I really believe Moss has changed. He doesnt act as cocky or as outspoken as he did when he was a younger moss..He has openly admitted that he respects Favre. I believe him, and he is in no way as bad as TO...TO has never shut up, randy has....

I also agree on the safety, I dont feel like we have a hard hitting safety and there are plenty out there as u can see in my post....

As for rogders...i feel the same about him as I do brady quinn...When Rodgers came outta college many respected him too....U'd feel the same way about a backup for brady if he was the one sitting behind favre instead of rodgers...Plus Im just not impressed with this years QB class except for Jamarcus Russell, and who knows he could just be another Culpepper....None of them in this class are of Lienart, Cutler, or VY category...

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to make a judgment on what's going to happen, because, simply put, none of us know. However, this is what I would like to see happen.

Sign one of the top FA safeties, for starters. There's no question that Marquand Manuel played poorly last season. I'm not discounting the possibility that he'll improve, but we at least need some good competition for his spot, whether it be through FA or the draft.

With the 1st round pick, I'd like to see whichever WR the Packers consider to be the best. My personal thought is that the 2nd best WR in the draft is Dwayne Jarrett, but Ginn is a very talented and different type of WR, and Sidney Rice's stock is rising as well.

In the 2nd round, Michael Bush, Kenny Irons and Brian Leonard could all possibly be available. Personally, I'm a big Leonard fan, just because we could tell him to lose 10 pounds and make him a HB, or tell him to put 10 or 15 on and make him a FB/TE, kind of like Chris Cooley. Michael Bush is also an amazing talent, but after an injury his speed is a concern. Kenny Irons is more of a "safe" pick. He's the kind of guy who will always have a spot on a team, but will never be a superstar.

In the 3rd, I'm a big Matt Spaeth fan, and I think he could start at TE immediately. He's not a big play threat, but he's a giant target with decent athleticism and fantastic hands.

Just my 2 cents.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... But Ginn reminds me of Warrick....If u remember, he was considered the fastest player in that years draft, and he wrecked shop in the bowl game....Can u say NFL bust.... I respect jarrett though, however I also respected Mike williams, supposedly the best USC reciever in history, he hasnt done much of anything, but I know they are different types of players.....I like Iorns, reminds me of fred taylor...

Not that it matters, Im just sayin who they remind me of...you never know with draft picks...look at all the VY doubters last year...And yes he can still run passed, around, and through NFL defenses!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Disagree on Moss, we'd only be signing him to use him for 2-3 years anyway for a superbowl run. I really believe Moss has changed. He doesnt act as cocky or as outspoken as he did when he was a younger moss..He has openly admitted that he respects Favre. I believe him, and he is in no way as bad as TO...TO has never shut up, randy has....

quote]

Actually I think we DO agree. I think IF we are going to go with the BEST player out there, MOSS should be considered especially if it IS Favre's last year.

THEN get rid of him if he becomes a cancer for a Rodgers or Brady Quinn or whomever...

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
Obi1 said:

quote]

Actually I think we DO agree. I think IF we are going to go with the BEST player out there, MOSS should be considered especially if it IS Favre's last year.

THEN get rid of him if he becomes a cancer for a Rodgers or Brady Quinn or whomever...

LOL sorry I mis-took what u said.......I definately agree when favre goes, Moss goes.....Jennings will be ready by then.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to make a judgment on what's going to happen, because, simply put, none of us know. However, this is what I would like to see happen.

Sign one of the top FA safeties, for starters. There's no question that Marquand Manuel played poorly last season. I'm not discounting the possibility that he'll improve, but we at least need some good competition for his spot, whether it be through FA or the draft.

With the 1st round pick, I'd like to see whichever WR the Packers consider to be the best. My personal thought is that the 2nd best WR in the draft is Dwayne Jarrett, but Ginn is a very talented and different type of WR, and Sidney Rice's stock is rising as well.

In the 2nd round, Michael Bush, Kenny Irons and Brian Leonard could all possibly be available. Personally, I'm a big Leonard fan, just because we could tell him to lose 10 pounds and make him a HB, or tell him to put 10 or 15 on and make him a FB/TE, kind of like Chris Cooley. Michael Bush is also an amazing talent, but after an injury his speed is a concern. Kenny Irons is more of a "safe" pick. He's the kind of guy who will always have a spot on a team, but will never be a superstar.

In the 3rd, I'm a big Matt Spaeth fan, and I think he could start at TE immediately. He's not a big play threat, but he's a giant target with decent athleticism and fantastic hands.

Just my 2 cents.

Tell me, how the hell does the injury to Michael Bush's ankle make his speed a concern? doesn't even affect it.

RB: Try to renegotiate with Green for pete's sake...He's way overpaid!!

Green doesn't have a contract for next year, lol...!

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was postin on the opening topic, that if we do resign him we need to cut him way down....

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to Moss, mostly because of his $9.75mil contract this year and $10+mil next year. He is best at the long ball...while Favre isn't. Too big a risk, IMO. Money better spent on FA S or CB. Add TE via FA. Re-sign Jenkins for sure. My reasoning for FA is because the draft doesn't have what we need, and we're drafting too low to help much.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre would be better on the long ball, if he had someone to throw to. Moss would give him that deep threat.
Guess we will see what gets done.

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure with moss on the team ... the ints next year would drop pretty much ... cause moss can jump and catch balls over CB's easily

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to Moss, mostly because of his $9.75mil contract this year and $10+mil next year. He is best at the long ball...while Favre isn't. Too big a risk, IMO. Money better spent on FA S or CB. Add TE via FA. Re-sign Jenkins for sure. My reasoning for FA is because the draft doesn't have what we need, and we're drafting too low to help much.

Couldnt be more wrong!! Favre is a good long ball thrower, just look at what he did when we had Walker....To throw the long ball u gotta have recievers that are tall and have a good verticle... As of right now we have none....U cant expect any of our WR to make the plays that Walker could...Moss can make those plays....Packers need to stop being so tight with their money....If it cost 9.5 mill give it to him, as long as it brings a superbowl...

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure with moss on the team ... the ints next year would drop pretty much ... cause moss can jump and catch balls over CB's easily

Excactly ......Its the whole point of my last post on here...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

Issue is, will he "...want to".

Don't get me wrong, I am not sure that the Moss equation is a bad one, especially for the short haul. He might be just what Brett needs in his last year, but I am not sure that its because he will "go up and get it" as some people allude to.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade fergy and 3rd round pick for Randy Moss.
Resign Green, and give contract extensions to Harris, Barnett, and Jenkins.
In the draft I would pick...
(1) Lynch
(2) Zach Miller (TE-ASU)
(3) traded to Oakland
(4) David Irons (CB - Auburn)
(5) (6) (7) Best player available
WE do that, and division champs here we come.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
Krazygangsta said:

Issue is, will he "...want to".

Don't get me wrong, I am not sure that the Moss equation is a bad one, especially for the short haul. He might be just what Brett needs in his last year, but I am not sure that its because he will "go up and get it" as some people allude to.

He's better than what we already have regardless, but will never know unless we try....He may end up being one of the teams best leaders, i doubt it, but U never know...

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make Tony Gonzales the richest TE ever.

Trade a 6th(hopefully) for Jerry Porter.

Bring in any D players like Justin Smith, Warren Sapp, etc. for a hard evaluation to possibly upgrade the D.

Try to sign a good utility O-lineman.

Draft the best player available.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: ** Official If You Were Packers GM This Off Season Threa

Make Tony Gonzales the richest TE ever.

Trade a 6th(hopefully) for Jerry Porter.

Bring in any D players like Justin Smith, Warren Sapp, etc. for a hard evaluation to possibly upgrade the D.

Try to sign a good utility O-lineman.

Draft the best player available.

Tony G signed a contract extension after Indy beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.

I agree with you about Justin Smith. I really want him in Green and Gold next year.

I would

1. Sign Justin Smith

2. Look into a trade for Randy Moss

3. Look into signing WR Patrick Crayton from Dallas (RFA)

4. Sign Nick Harper

5. Sign Daniel Graham

6. Draft Marshawn Lynch in round 1 and Greg Olsen or Zach Miller in round 2

7. Look at Ken Hamlin and Mike Doss to replace Marquand Manuel

8. Draft a WR in the 1st Day as well. I prefer Paul Williams of Fresno State

9. Give Contract extensions to Al Harris and Nick Barnett

These were in no order either. When I say "look" that means more so flirt with the idea. I'm kind of undecided with those guys.

Members online

Latest posts