***OFFICIAL*** GIANTS VS SAINTS & FALCONS VS PANTHERS THREAD

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: ***OFFICIAL*** GIANTS VS SAINTS & FALCONS VS PANTHERS TH

Correct me if I'm wrong but if they is a 3 way tie for the wild-card, if goes to a divisional tie-breaker and then a head-to-head sweep if applicable. The next step would be conference record. The Rams, after today, are 5-6 in conference. We are 6-5.

So let's say Atlanta or Carolina win next week and the Giants lose. Then, there would be at least a 3 way tie. We would get in due to our conference record.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wait, i just thought of something-What if the seahawks won their divison and the 49ers won out, and the rams won, and then the tiebreaker between atleast the 49ers, rams, and others. Then it eliminates it down to best in divison, and that means the rams get eliminated becasue they tied head 2 head with 49ers but have a worse division record than them, which would leave green bay and 49ers and others tied at 8-8, and green bay owns tie breaker over all those teams because of conf record. anyone see my point?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. So now three things need to happen right? The Giants need to lose, the rams need to lose, and the Seahawks need to win their division?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there are 3 or more teams at 8-8, with the Giants not being one of them, we will have the best conference record at 7-5. No other team(except the giants) can finish any better than 6-6 in the conference.

i may be wrong but we should go because of a better conference. Head to head only comes into play if there are only two teams.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there are 3 or more teams at 8-8, with the Giants not being one of them, we will have the best conference record at 7-5. No other team(except the giants) can finish any better than 6-6 in the conference.

i may be wrong but we should go because of a better conference. Head to head only comes into play if there are only two teams.

exactly my point.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line, right now, the next most important game is Thursday night. The redskins hav e to beat the Giants. Then all we can do is beat The bears and see how it all washes out.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line, right now, the next most important game is Thursday night. The redskins hav e to beat the Giants. Then all we can do is beat The bears and see how it all washes out.

the game is saturday nite.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We MUST WIN, simple as that....
We need a Giant loss...
We need a Rams loss, but if they win we can still go if we are in a three way tie with someone as long as neither teams have head-to-head advantages over both teams....
And a Seahawk division win.....

So if the Pack win, giants lose, and we aren't in a two way tie with the rams....we are in!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

the game is saturday nite.

My bad, since it is on the NFL network i just assumed it was Thursday night.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
Now, if we were to somehow lose next week, are we eliminated?

yeas, if we lose next week we're done. The Giants have a tie-breaker over us.

How do they have a tie breaker over us?

Reaction score
We MUST WIN, simple as that....
We need a Giant loss...
We need a Rams loss, but if they win we can still go if we are in a three way tie with someone as long as neither teams have head-to-head advantages over both teams....
And a Seahawk division win.....

So if the Pack win, giants lose, and we aren't in a two way tie with the rams....we are in!

So basically a Carolina or Atlanta win will work in our favour if the Rams win?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am ... confused.

Care to explain, please?

Actually I have no idea how they would lose a tie-breaker with the Giants.

I think that's just bad info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts