official Giants thread

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants have lost two in a row, but they'll have NO problem getting ready for the Packers. It was the Giants who demolished the 49ers at Candlestick Park earlier this season 26-3 the same 49ers who ran at will against the Pack and ground our marginal running attack to a complete halt.

MM is going to have to be on his game calling plays and our line play on both offense and defense need to step it up if we are to pull the upset. We won last year but we are minus several key players from that victory. It's gonna be a very tough chore but I'm crossing my fingers.

Those 2 Giants loses could have more to do with many of team members including Eli being displaced Hurricane Sandy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still letting Crosby kick field goals from long distance i see. SMH...MM will never learn. We are trying to win the game. Not make a struggling kicker feel good. Pass rush non existent thus far.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are about to get embarrassed on national tv. Our defense is looking like i expected it to look. These guys have yet to play two good games in a row. MM is being his conservative self.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I do not know what type of Defensive Game Plan Capers is trying to run here but these guys look lost. One guy shouldn't make that much of a difference. If that is the case we will never win anything without Mathews.

Z

ZombieJeebuz

We are not playing well today, however, this team is not a lost cause... I am sick of hearing people pretend it is.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team will NEVER win another Super Bowl with this sorry a** line. Everytime they play a team with a formidable pass rush they get their big behinds kicked. Rodgers is on the run just aboout every time..cant even block on a dam hailmary attempt.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offensive line is garbage and MM is not calling any freaking screens or draws to help Rodgers..i feel sorry for him i reallly do. TT should spend the entire draft on linemen. This group stinks.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still letting Crosby kick field goals from long distance i see. SMH...MM will never learn. We are trying to win the game. Not make a struggling kicker feel good. Pass rush non existent thus far.

I did not have a problem with letting him try the 55 yard kick. If he makes it, his confidence goes up, if he misses, not a big deal since that is a career long for many kickers. What I had a problem with is the play calling on 3rd and short in 4-down territory. Run the ball or short pass on both downs and get the first so we have a reasonable shot at a field goal or TD.

12theTruth

To flip the field position in that situation is a critical mistep considering we had just came off a defense stop the possession before. It was a low percentage chance and to make the aggressive move to somehow express confidence in a crappy FG kicker just isn't good coaching.

12theTruth

This here was a much bigger butt kicking then the loss at Lambeau last year. We have a few guys down and it would have taken a great performance to win but the margin of defeat and the inept offensive performance gives concern whether the Packers have the horses to make any noise in the playoffs.

We still matchup well with the remaining opponents on the schedule, but don't buy the fools gold when we rack up a few more wins. Against the Giants and 49ers you will see a similar result as today. Book it.

Z

ZombieJeebuz

So we win 5 in a row, then have a bad game and we don't have a chance at winning anymore???

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Howie Long just called Bulaga the best RT in football on Fox and we will sorely miss him? :confused:
Howie Long doesn't have the credentials that you do.
Howie Long doesn't have the access to the players, coaches, and opposing coaches, scouts that you do.
Howie Long doesn't have access to the coaches film that you do.

Apparently.

We are only missing one starter on the OL, him.
And they looked like a unit of girl scouts out there.
They can't pass protect or run block.

I saw a play where TJ Lang simply had to block Jason Webster on the right edge and there was a big gain to be had for Alex Green. Lang was no match for the 190-pound Webster and Green lost a yard.

I saw a play where both Sitton and someone else whiffed on a Giant guy and blocked nobody, allowing a sack.

I saw a play where Marshall Newhouse looked like Jack Sikma trying go guard Michael Jordan in 1985. Osi Umenyiora deaked right around Newhouse untouched for a stripsack.

Missing just Bulaga, these guys looked like the offensive line of Auburn.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not have a problem with letting him try the 55 yard kick. If he makes it, his confidence goes up, if he misses, not a big deal since that is a career long for many kickers. What I had a problem with is the play calling on 3rd and short in 4-down territory. Run the ball or short pass on both downs and get the first so we have a reasonable shot at a field goal or TD.

That was punting situation.... you give the Giants a short field

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not tonight. But we will win again. Surely.
We get the Vikings into town, the same Grape Apes the Bears battered around today.

I'm honestly a bit worried about the Vikings next week, Jared Allen against this o-line and AP against this run D. Hopefully we get the turnovers the Bears got vs Vikings.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, the NFC North division crown is the Packers' Super Bowl. That's as far as the Packers go, winning the division and a wild-card game at best, and that's if they can even do that. With this offensive line, Rodgers is going to end up getting hurt and then the Packers will be no better than a team like the Browns. What a pathetic display tonight by both the offensive line and the defense. It was so bad that at halftime I just laid my head down and went to sleep. I woke up at one point, saw it at now 38-10, and immediately went back to sleep. Just awful.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
wow.....just.....wow. Giants deserved to win that game, they came out and played tough, we didnt. Our o line was stuck in the mud slow and that game really showed how much we miss our injured guys. Play calling was suspect and defensive calls were very suspect. Poorly executed game....we just got punched in the mouth and walked away.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Tonight we got well and truly shafted. I DON`T think the Giants were anything special, we just didn`t turn up. AND I agree with an earlier post too, I think unless there is a miracle, the Vikings are gonna serve us our ***** on a plate.....sorry, just my opinion.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The Vikings are going down on Sunday.

McCarthy knows how to make adjustments, he just needs to actually make them. Our Line is porous but so is Chicago's. The way you protect your QB is with the slant and/or quick release, McCarthy needs to build those into the game plan.

This is a good way to expose the failures on this O-line. Mike won't let the Queens do to us what the Giants did, IMHO.

If the Bears can bounce back from an *** whoopin in SF by beating the Queens with a patchwork O-line, the Packers can too. With our starters we're still the best team in the NFC North.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can not understand why they did not let Harrell go for it in the last 4th down play - it's not like NYG was going to score on us again. They should have used this garbage time to let Harrell try to move the ball like a real QB rather than chew up the time with one hand off after another - what a waste of an opportunity for him to learn. IMHO, just another error on the part of our coaches to not make use of this. If they are not going to bring in a vet backup, they should try to develop Harrell with every opportunity we have. Wait til Rodgers goes down - then we will see some real UGLY!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts