official Giants thread

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Well, let me just ask this: Is Greg Jennings definitely not playing? He has been talking about how he is finally pain free, how he felt great in practice, and he practiced (limited) all week.

It looks like Jennings has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable. "Questionable" is supposed to be a 50/50 proposition.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is good enough to play. That can really help us out! Even if he doesn't catch a pass he can command attention. If he doesn't command attention, he can burn the Giants, due to their lack of respect.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just finished reading a coue articles on nfl.com and they both expect the Packrrs to win. They both almost tear downthe Giants big time. Almost as if they don't matter. I think we can win, and I expect us to but I think it will be close. I am thinking that we can take advantage of their secondary and score 28-35 points. I also think our D wil play with great furvor. However the Giants know our weekness too. I am expecting a 35-28 or a 28-20 affair.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good old Giants. As much as I'd love to see the Packers get revenge, it's not as important to beat the Giants as it is simply to keep up with the rest of the NFC. The Packers may need to win out for a shot at the #2 seed.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts about the game:

Eli will break out of his slump and will have a good game. That means that our young secondary will be tested. It also means that we need to get some pass rush.

Randall Cobb is now one of the most feared big-play men in the NFL. He will be double-covered all day long. That means our WRs need to step it up. It also means that our TE play is important. Jermichael Finley better not turn into Jerdroppal Paddlehands today. I think we'll need him.

Gonna have to run enough to keep the Giants' front 7 from spending all day teeing off on Rodgers. Starks was pretty decent last game. He needs to do as well or better tonight.

MM is going to have to call plays at a level other than pee-wee football.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I just finished reading a coue articles on nfl.com and they both expect the Packrrs to win. They both almost tear downthe Giants big time. Almost as if they don't matter. I think we can win, and I expect us to but I think it will be close. I am thinking that we can take advantage of their secondary and score 28-35 points. I also think our D wil play with great furvor. However the Giants know our weekness too. I am expecting a 35-28 or a 28-20 affair.

Didn't seem to me that the so-called 'national' media gave the Pack the nod much. My impression was that those guys felt that the Giants were going snap out of their 'funk'. Whichever way it goes...I do hope the Pack are pissed off about that a** kicking the Giants laid on them in the playoffs last year. The Giants were the better team that day, but do I think they're the better team overall? No...I don't...they have the upper hand today to be sure with all of the injuries that the Pack have and I'd love to see the Pack pull one out tonight but on first glance, we've got a third string ILB, Matthews out, Woodson out, a guard playing tackle ... our spark plug (Jennings, who they'd damned well better re-sign) probably inactive yet this week....all I'm asking for is a good showing against the Champs (yeah, they're still the Champs -- even if they've gotten lazy and unmotivated their last two games).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts about the game: is important.

Gonna have to run enough to keep the Giants' front 7 from spending all day teeing off on Rodgers.
Starks was pretty decent last game. He needs to do as well or better tonight.

MM is going to have to call plays at a level other than pee-wee football.
That's a very swell point Expat.
Many fans out there say we should just put the game in Rodgers hands and let him wing it 60 times, throw in just a sprinkle of runs.
That was what we saw in Seattle and it got him sacked a hundred times in the first half. We're lucky he wasn't KO'd that half.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of those wins was a nail bitter. In any case we're going to get the best from the Giants tonight. They are coming off two consecutive losses and Coughlin is in a nasty mood. And as I mentioned we have a few horses lame.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of those wins was a nail bitter. In any case we're going to get the best from the Giants tonight. They are coming off two consecutive losses and Coughlin is in a nasty mood. And as I mentioned we have a few horses lame.
Yeah a few:

SIX first round picks for us won't be suiting up.
Plus Greg Jennings & Sam Shields & Desmond Bishop & DJ Smith, 4 guys who were starters for us.

I expect Eli to shred us.... our offense will have to be mistake-free with no turnovers, and special teams or the zebra's might be the decider in this one.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s not only who the Packers play, it’s when they play them that can matter. The Giants are rested, pi$$ed, and playing at home so I don’t like the timing of this game. On top of that they have a very good pass rush although it hasn’t been as dominate as it was last season. The Packers have their hands full so I hope they play up to their competition as they did against the Texans.
This PFF piece says the Giants’ greatest offensive weapon, the deep ball, has disappeared as his completion rate on long passes has plummeted over the past two games. It mentions Cruz has dropped three passes over the past three games. But I doubt it’s just drops since in another PFF article Rodgers appears 3rd, 3rd and 2nd in being affected by drops and Eli is 12th, 18th and 20th respectively. (That article is linked in the Rodgers/drops thread.) The Packers could really use Matthews to limit Eli's opportunities down the field.

The article also reinforces what we know about how well Hayward, House, and even MD Jennings have been playing. And how well Pickett and AJ are playing the run this season. I was surprised by how well their stats say Worthy is playing the run. He was drafted for providing a pass rush and that may take some time, good that he’s been stout against the run in the meantime.

Many fans out there say we should just put the game in Rodgers hands and let him wing it 60 times, throw in just a sprinkle of runs.
“Many” fans say that? I don’t believe a significant number do. There’s a difference between advocating the Packers run enough to keep opponents’ pass rush under control and advocating Rodgers throw it 60 times/game.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I believe this team's confidence has returned and they're playing with an attitude. They know how important it is right now to win as many games as possible and I believe in our coaching staff to have a game plan ready.

I have a calm, quiet confidence that our team will get a win tonight.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers-30 Giants 24 (Crosby nails 3 of 4 field goals) close but in "control" of the chaos the whole game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts