OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do have great respect for Eli and the Giants as a team, I would hardly call them the Packer worst nightmare. I don't think there is a team in the league right now that fits that phrase for the Packers. Certainly there are teams to take a lot more seriously, like the Saints, 9'ers in the NFC, but the Giants are well below the Saints and if the Saints are not our worst nightmare than neither are the Giants. I think for sure a Packers/ Giants game would be a very good, possibly very close game, I think in the end Rodgers and the Packers offense will overwhelm the Giants D. While, Eli has been playing in a category some would define as elite, I just don't think the Giants will outscore the Packers. While I am at it, I would actually like to thank the Giants for knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs. That is the best thing they could of done.
Yikes!! I have to disagree with you Kitten.
Ellie... or I should say Eli is a good QB, not an elite QB. He can make most of the throws, but gets confused at the wrong times in a game at times. I don't think he has the mental capacity to move on from a bad pass. He has peaked, the best he will ever get.
Rodgers hasn't come close to peaking yet... which is a good thing... only upside for the Packers.
Saints and Lions are the potential problems.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ellie... or I should say Eli is a good QB, not an elite QB. He can make most of the throws, but gets confused at the wrong times in a game at times. I don't think he has the mental capacity to move on from a bad pass. He has peaked, the best he will ever get.
Rodgers hasn't come close to peaking yet... which is a good thing... only upside for the Packers.

Misfire. I didn't state that I thought Eli was an elite QB, merely some would define him as elite. If you want me to start naming names, it's SI, ESPN, and most of the commentators on NBC, CBS and FOX. I happen to completely concur with your post regarding Eli. I personally think he's a good QB, but not elite as those listed above tend to overrate him. I also agree that he has peaked and I think we have seen that peak this very season. As for your comments on Rodgers... :) ...purrs, no need to say more!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen -- based on the GB NYG game, anyone who thinks the Packers are a lock for anything is a homer. No running game -- defense medicocre at best. If the NYG defense shows up, Packers are in for a long day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen -- based on the GB NYG game, anyone who thinks the Packers are a lock for anything is a homer. No running game -- defense medicocre at best. If the NYG defense shows up, Packers are in for a long day.
Hard to think anything different from who won the game and being a fan of the recent SB winners who had the best season any Packers team has ever had.
Now if it was the Chiefs, then I might be more inclined to agree with you.
But first the Giants have to get past the Cowboys and maybe another team or two before facing the Pack.
(And you dare to call us homers?)
Yes, the Giants beat the Pack in playoffs at Lambeau before, but this is a much different Packers team who beat the Giants in a recent away game.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uhhhh.. i wouldn't phrase it like that exactly. I mean if rodgers isnt even CLOSE to his peak... is his peak 60 tds 10-11 ints? :confused:

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can say that about most teams this year. If the ravens... steelers... giants... jets....niners.... are playing top notch D, it will be a hard fought game.

IMO, the giants chances all depend on eli. I am sure the giants D shows up.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
I was at the NYG game against the Packers -- don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

whoa whoa whoa... first you have to get through Dallas, then either Atlanta or Detroit. You're like a child that hasn't eaten dinner yet, worried about how much ice-cream you'll have when you're done. The Giants aren't worried about Green Bay right now, and you shouldn't be either.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Are you talking about the Giants or the Packers?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I thought we already beat the Giants...?

It reminds me of the Bear fans who kept telling me that we can't beat them before Sunday night, although we beat them in week 3 this year, in the NFC Championship game last year, week 17 of last year... Yeah, we sure can't beat them or the Giants. Even though we already have...

You will have a team coming who KNOW that they scored one touchdown but did not get. Pretty big motivation.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
WTG Cowboys. Some game.

And icing your own kicker, blowing a 24 pt lead vs. the Lions, horrible playcalling in NE, blowing the Jets game......and I know I am missing some.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

If you didnt troll to much you would seen this

Get your facts straight before YOU type

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...efensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

that says Giants 32nd in rushing---Packers 26th..So if we have no running game, for sure you dont

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Do not confuse the poor man with facts. It just annoys him and makes him have to make up something new we might believe.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say the Giants are our worst nightmare, but they did look pretty good the other night and i hope the Falcons knock them off.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Go Falcons.
I concur, not because I fear the Giants, I just can't stomach any more media fawning over the last NFC east team playing. With every victory this season the babbling heads were like "they're back and can now make a serious run" only to see this weeks darling choke the next game away.

D

Dan115

I concur, not because I fear the Giants, I just can't stomach any more media fawning over the last NFC east team playing. With every victory this season the babbling heads were like "they're back and can now make a serious run" only to see this weeks darling choke the next game away.

4 Jan 2003 - The Green Bay Packers lost 27-7 to the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC wild card game. It was the first time that the Packers had lost a playoff game at home.

PrintPropBets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many cold weather teams are left in the league?

When temps get in the teens, I'm betting only on the pack, giants, ravens, pats or bears.

Reaction score
Even though the Giants played the Pack tough earlier in the season, Aaron still abused their defense (although Eli abused ours). I don't think that is going to change should they meet again. I do think what happened in the NFC Championship game against the Giants still sits with the members of the team that were in the game. But remember, personnel is different now. There was no Clay Matthews in that game and so on and so forth. I do think Finley is going to be a huge help to Aaron no matter who we play this season.

Members online

Latest posts