OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Injury Report from McCarthy looks like this from Wednesday practice:

Jennings, Bulaga and Starks all practiced full speed.

Cobb limited, Clifton limited, but McCarthy thinks he'll be able to play the whole game on Sunday at LT.

Full roster practiced. No one missed practice.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Starks was practicing full. Looking very good for the Packers health-wise going into Sunday.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Injury Report from McCarthy looks like this:

Jennings, Bulaga and Starks all practiced full speed.

Clifton limited, but McCarthy thinks he'll be able to play the whole game on Sunday at LT.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Starks was practicing full. Looking very good for the Packers health-wise going into Sunday.

yea we're a full go minus DJ Ware it looks like

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
watched the week 13 game on NFL replay last night and here is what I took away from looking at it unemotionally knowing we had won. With a biased eye of course.
  • Really good football game. One of the best of the year.
  • lots of dropped passes by packer receivers, close to 10 should have been caught.
  • Starks went out early in the game.
  • We Were able to run the ball. No big yardage breakouts but enough that in the last 5 min we were burning the clock and gassing the giants D.
  • over 70% third down conversion
  • JPP had his way with Newhouse.
  • Forgot we were playing without our leading tackler and both our starting inside linebackers. Bishop and Hawk.
  • Lost Woodson for most of the 4th quarter with a concussion.
  • With 1 min left on the clock it took A-Rod two plays and 14 seconds to get us in field goal range from our own 20.
After watching this I felt really good about Sundays matchup.
  • If Clifton Plays to his normal potential JPP will not have the impact he had last game
  • Those dropped passes were for a lot of yards and points
  • Not playing on turf and No crowd noise to help that Giants D line. our O line is back and healthy, A-Rod has more time.
  • Our Receivers are a damn site better than G-mens secondary.
  • We will have Wood, Bishop and Hawk for this one. and a healthy Matthews. So'oto could be a wild card.
  • We need to stop the big plays.

We have RODGERS!!!!

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watched the week 13 game on NFL replay last night and here is what I took away from looking at it unemotionally knowing we had won. With a biased eye of course.
  • lots of dropped passes by packer receivers, close to 10 should have been caught.
  • We Were able to run the ball. No big yardage breakouts but enough that in the last 5 min we were burning the clock and gassing the giants D.
  • Forgot we were playing without our leading tackler and both our starting inside linebackers. Bishop and Hawk.
  • With 1 min left on the clock it took A-Rod two plays and 14 seconds to get us in field goal range from our own 20.
  • If Clifton Plays to his normal potential JPP will not have the impact he had last game
  • Not playing on turf and No crowd noise to help that Giants D line. our O line is back and healthy, A-Rod has more time.
  • We will have Wood, Bishop and Hawk for this one. and a healthy Matthews. So'oto could be a wild card.

We have RODGERS!!!!

And we have Eli who went step for step with Rodgers

but in all honestly we are a different defenes from that time. You guys are really underestimating the fact that that was Blackburns first game back, Boley and Tuck were banged up and not playing anywhere near potential, Bradshaw wasn't completely healthy yet, Osi wasn't there, Prince is more healthy and has more experience now that seems to really help him

just don't expect the same team, especially on the defensive side

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have RODGERS!!!!
And we have Eli. Proven winner
Chad Clifton can play to whatever level he wants, if the Packers think they can single block JPP they will be surely mistaken.
And for Woodson, last time I checked Nicks beat him for a touchdown.
It doesn't matter where we play, the Giants have shown they can play anywhere. The louder the crowd is the better the Giants play.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have RODGERS!!!!

Your "unemotional" review of a 3 point game won on a kick with 4 seconds left came away with nothing but positives for GB, except for one "throw them a bone" comment about JPP, that isn't even really a compliment since later on you negate it by saying the new guy on JPP will stop him (lol by the way).

Ya, that was definitely an objective review.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have RODGERS!!!!
Chad Clifton can play to whatever level he wants, if the Packers think they can single block JPP they will be surely mistaken.
It doesn't matter where we play, the Giants have shown they can play anywhere.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where we play, the Giants have shown they can play anywhere.
Yeah woodson has been a little nicked, pardon the pun, all year. You did notice he went out hurt in that game right? But he's in the best physical condition he has been all year.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And no reason for you to expect the same team from us for the reasons given by realcalifornia.

thats fair, but I think we had more significant players come back and it was a 3 point game. And the biggest part about the players coming back is that they are all back to defend the strongest aspect of the packers game which is their passing offense

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah woodson has been a little nicked, pardon the pun, all year. You did notice he went out hurt in that game right? But he's in the best physical condition he has been all year.

Nicks had a hamstrong and knee all year as well... infact he got his second shot in his knee the week after

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was out for the 4th qt right?
The question I have who will you guys double?
Is Woodson really going to defend Nicks one on one all game? I hope he is.
And what about Cruz, and then we have Manningham.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c'mon it's more than fair. We had some important pieces of our defense out . Hawk, woodson and as Noted Woodson went out. That's when Eli started picking on his replacement.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c'mon it's more than fair. We had some important pieces of our defense out . Hawk, woodson and as Noted Woodson went out. That's when Eli started picking on his replacement.

We did pretty well when Woodson was in the game.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was out for the 4th qt right?
The question I have who will you guys double?
Is Woodson really going to defend Nicks one on one all game? I hope he is.
And what about Cruz, and then we have Manningham.

and dont forget Ballard. For all the talk I hear of Finley his 2011 #s arent much better than Ballards, shockingly. Ballard missed two games due to injury, so the total yards are a little askew.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...&archive=false&conference=null&qualified=true

Members online

Latest posts