OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe im riding too high, but I think our defense right now may possibly be the best defense in the league with a top 7 offense vs the packers top 2 offense and one of the worst defenses. Im not sure that rigth now in this moment I can say that the Packers have an overall better team.

You guys have cause to praise your defense. If it were a game of our D against yours, I might give you the edge, I love our D and have complete faith in them but I cannot overlook how the Giants D has been playing. But, unfortunately for the Giants, it's not going to come down to our D versus yours. At least not directly. I feel our D can stop Eli better than your D will be able to stop Rodgers. At the end of the day our offense is capable of outscoring yours. I think your defense will be good enough to at least keep you in the game, maybe make a close game out of it, but it's really going to come down to Eli Manning Vs Aaron Rodgers. I'm not saying the defenses won't play their part and play a significant part in the game, I would never do that, but I think this year it the year of the offense and QBs. Look at the Saints for example, they have a QB and offensive line comparable to ours and they have struggled on defense. Look where the Saints are at, still in the playoffs. Now look to the Steelers. Best D in the league and now they will be watching from home after getting taken out by Tebow of all people. There was a lot more going on with the Steelers in that game, but I am using them as an example because of their defense.

Patrick Doyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have cause to praise your defense. If it were a game of our D against yours, I might give you the edge, I love our D and have complete faith in them but I cannot overlook how the Giants D has been playing. But, unfortunately for the Giants, it's not going to come down to our D versus yours. At least not directly. I feel our D can stop Eli better than your D will be able to stop Rodgers. At the end of the day our offense is capable of outscoring yours. I think your defense will be good enough to at least keep you in the game, maybe make a close game out of it, but it's really going to come down to Eli Manning Vs Aaron Rodgers. I'm not saying the defenses won't play their part and play a significant part in the game, I would never do that, but I think this year it the year of the offense and QBs. Look at the Saints for example, they have a QB and offensive line comparable to ours and they have struggled on defense. Look where the Saints are at, still in the playoffs. Now look to the Steelers. Best D in the league and now they will be watching from home after getting taken out by Tebow of all people. There was a lot more going on with the Steelers in that game, but I am using them as an example because of their defense.
with being said.. dec 4th proved the Giants can ring up the points right with the Pack.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in todays NFL, defense can't win you a championship. Defense can put your offense in position to win a championship. That's the Giants best chance to win on Sunday. We need the D to put us in the position (meaning a score in the 20s) for us to win. If we go to a shoot out, advantage Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
in todays NFL, defense can't win you a championship. Defense can put your offense in position to win a championship. That's the Giants best chance to win on Sunday. We need the D to put us in the position (meaning a score in the 20s) for us to win. If we go to a shoot out, advantage Packers.

Last year our D was our bread and butter..We needed to score about 17 a game and great chance to win...Sometimes just needed 10 points and we win..

This year it is complete opposite

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
with being said.. dec 4th proved the Giants can ring up the points right with the Pack.

Oh yes, I believe you can. I have as much respect for Eli and your offensive line as I do your D line. Both have played great this year and you deserve to be where you are at now. I'm just saying that if you compare the two QBs and O-Lines, no matter how I look at it and also looking at it objectively, I still have the Packs offense coming out on top. You simply cannot overlook the numbers Rodgers and our O-Line put up this year. As I have said, Eli has played great, but I refrain from categorizing him in terms of elite. "Elite" is a term best used in reference to Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Sure, Eli may be knocking on the door but so far, it's access denied. To be honest, and here I must take off my homer cloak, I think this game is going to be a lot closer and tougher than either side may be willing to admit. There should be a level of respect here for both teams, it's going to be one hell of a game. I maintain I think the Packers have the edge offensively as a whole, with the Giants an edge on defense.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year our D was our bread and butter..We needed to score about 17 a game and great chance to win...Sometimes just needed 10 points and we win..

^^ This. If you are talking defense wins championships and keeps them in the game you are living in last years league. A new era has dawned. A changing of the guard. Now it is all about the attack. Aaron Rodgers Vs. Eli Manning.

Patrick Doyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yes, I believe you can. I have as much respect for Eli and your offensive line as I do your D line. Both have played great this year and you deserve to be where you are at now. I'm just saying that if you compare the two QBs and O-Lines, no matter how I look at it and also looking at it objectively, I still have the Packs offense coming out on top. You simply cannot overlook the numbers Rodgers and our O-Line put up this year. As I have said, Eli has played great, but I refrain from categorizing him in terms of elite. "Elite" is a term best used in reference to Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Sure, Eli may be knocking on the door but so far, it's access denied. To be honest, and here I must take off my homer cloak, I think this game is going to be a lot closer and tougher than either side may be willing to admit. There should be a level of respect here for both teams, it's going to be one hell of a game. I maintain I think the Packers have the edge offensively as a whole, with the Giants an edge on defense.
well I am hoping for a slow track for obvious reasons... so let it snow let it snow let it snow..lol

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

thats the biggest fallacy ever...

please go back and name me a team that didn't win because of their defense?

I mean you can get through the regular season as an offensive machine, but it catches up to u in a one and done scenerio.

I mean even the Colts who had a putrid defense and steller offence for the past 10 years only won a ring when their defense played up in the playoffs

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i agree. Your defense was just as much of the reason you guys have that ring as your offense

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its the common NFL fan misconception thats going on now - its an offensive league. I mean it is and numbers and scoring is up, but im sorry if u don't have a defense performing its going to go a long way to win it all.

I mean im not closing the curtain on your defense. I don't understand the under performing you've guys had this season, but playoffs is a new season. If the Colts could turn that defense around for 3-4 games in 06 then im sure u guys could as well.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its the common NFL fan misconception thats going on now - its an offensive league. I mean it is and numbers and scoring is up, but im sorry if u don't have a defense performing its going to go a long way to win it all.

I mean im not closing the curtain on your defense. I don't understand the under performing you've guys had this season, but playoffs is a new season. If the Colts could turn that defense around for 3-4 games in 06 then im sure u guys could as well.

you just said exactly what I did, but commented that it was the "biggest fallacy ever"...huh?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The media is all over this match saying how hot the Giants are, and that this is going to be a dog fight and last possession will likely win it.. but I just don't feel that way. I think after spanking the Falcons the locker room got arrogant, with a couple players even guaranteeing a victory for their squad.

Everyone is saying how good that Giants defense is and they're getting hot at the right time, but please Giants fans understand.. the Packers are NOT the Falcons. Rodgers is not going to sit there in the pocket like a sitting duck, and we'll be spreading the ball out more than they can handle. I like the Giants D, and I like Eli Manning, but at home I am predicting a 14 point margin of victory.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see. I feel pretty confident in my prediction.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One player guaranteed a victory, JPP. Who else?

And since then he has said he was caught up in the excitement of their win and gave respect to the Packers.

But, back to my original question, who else said it?

D

Dan115

The media is all over this match saying how hot the Giants are, and that this is going to be a dog fight and last possession will likely win it.. but I just don't feel that way. I think after spanking the Falcons the locker room got arrogant, with a couple players even guaranteeing a victory for their squad.

Everyone is saying how good that Giants defense is and they're getting hot at the right time, but please Giants fans understand.. the Packers are NOT the Falcons. Rodgers is not going to sit there in the pocket like a sitting duck, and we'll be spreading the ball out more than they can handle. I like the Giants D, and I like Eli Manning, but at home I am predicting a 14 point margin of victory.

I think it is going to be a real dog fight.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pressure on Matt Ryan went WELL beyond the two sacks.
Ryan isn't a QB who is known for extending the play, being mobile or remaining dangerous on the move though.
In the previous game:
Aaron gets forced out of the pocket and throws a TD pass to Finley on the move.
Or the pass the Nelson along the sideline for 20+ yards with pressure on his face with 0:51 left in the 4th?

Rodgers and Ryan are not the same quarterback.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

couldn't it be both though?

I mean what if its a one TD game the hwole game and then u guys grab a garbage TD to put it at 14?

Anything can happen this game, i wouldn't be surprised with anything. Well, if it was an offensive struggle and defensive showdown - then i'd be surprised

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
One player guaranteed a victory, JPP. Who else?

And since then he has said he was caught up in the excitement of their win and gave respect to the Packers.

But, back to my original question, who else said it?

JJP would do well to retract that statement. Bill Belichick said the same in 2007 and you Giants should all know very well how that turned out.

As for this being a dog fight, I really think it is going to be a close game. Margin of victory no greater than 10, very likely by less than 10. I think our offense will at some point overwhelm the Giants D and take control of the game. But I think the Giants are not ones who will go quietly into the night. I don't think these Giants fans are confusing us with the Falcons any more than we are confusing the Giants with the Vikings. The Giants will march on us prepared and the Packers will be prepared to meet them in battle.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You Packer fans are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too sensitive. Everyone on this board has their ******* in a bunch over two sentences from JPP, a kid in his second season who probably learned a valuable lesson after his comments.

Just be happy you don't share a town with Rex Ryan & his group of hoodlums. If JPP upset you all this much you'd go insane living with the Jets.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, are you sure about that comment by Belichick? He's never been one to make predictions and is all over players that say stupid stuff in the press.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan isn't a QB who is known for extending the play, being mobile or remaining dangerous on the move though.
In the previous game:
Aaron gets forced out of the pocket and throws a TD pass to Finley on the move.
Or the pass the Nelson along the sideline for 20+ yards with pressure on his face with 0:51 left in the 4th?

Rodgers and Ryan are not the same quarterback.

never said u are wrong but its a moot point to the discussion at hand.

Nobody said Ryan could move, but to say Ryan only got sacked twice as some sort of flag that our pass rush wans't there is just highly inaccurate.

Members online

Latest posts