OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the NYG game against the Packers -- don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah I'm so scared. You guys would murder us when you lost back to back to the two best offenses in the league (New Orleans and Green Bay)

Hope you like your 8-7 record under your ******* coach. When you talk about this defense not being able to stop your offense, don't kid yourself when your defense blew it in the final 2 minutes to actually go into OT and possibly beat us, oh and how bad was that Saints game again? 577 total yards was it? The Giants are awesome!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
False bravado masking severe insecurity or a bout with delusional insanity, but welcome to the forum anyway; perhaps you can be rehabilitated if you stay long enough and pay close enough attention.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do have great respect for Eli and the Giants as a team, I would hardly call them the Packer worst nightmare. I don't think there is a team in the league right now that fits that phrase for the Packers. Certainly there are teams to take a lot more seriously, like the Saints, 9'ers in the NFC, but the Giants are well below the Saints and if the Saints are not our worst nightmare than neither are the Giants. I think for sure a Packers/ Giants game would be a very good, possibly very close game, I think in the end Rodgers and the Packers offense will overwhelm the Giants D. While, Eli has been playing in a category some would define as elite, I just don't think the Giants will outscore the Packers. While I am at it, I would actually like to thank the Giants for knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs. That is the best thing they could of done.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What's Tom Coughlin's record after the first half of the season?

The Giants are the same old story every year. Start out beautifully, then crash and burn. It's actually funny to watch...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah theres no way this Packers team could beat the Giants. Oh, wait...

Packers offense has made a lot of teams look like they "don't have it together." Just like the Jets offense has made plenty of teams look like they do.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the NYG game against the Packers -- don't kid yourself, if the NYG defense gets it together (like they seem to have done against the Jets), they're the last team in football GB wants to play in the playoffs. Based on the the NYG game against the Packers, the Packers simply cannot stop the Giants offense.

I'd worry about making the playoffs if I was a Giants fan.

But its nice to have some trolls around.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd worry about making the playoffs if I was a Giants fan.

But its nice to have some trolls around.
Kind of steers the debate away from the lack of defense, rushing, coverage, tackling, catching, perfection, beer, hot wimmen, old stale jokes, and former players don't it. Been so long since they've shown up in numbers, the newbies won't recognize the board. Going to have to get back in practice before I forget how to shove them back under the bridge.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost to the Chiefs.
You guys lost, at home, to the Redskins who lost to the Vikings without Peterson and their QB.

Anyone can beat anyone in the playoffs.
For the Giants to get to Lambeau, they'll have to beat someone first. Plus beat Dallas.

The Giants could be good though, true.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First the Giants win Sunday Night against the Cowboys
The Giants are the worst team they can face...... They already showed they can go toe to toe the Pack. In fact, the refs blew the call on Jake Ballards knee being out of bounds. He was down in bounds it should have been a TD. At least 2 photogs caught the knee down in bounds. Plus they are a cold weather team that plays outdoors. The cold will effect the dome teams. The Saints will fumble the ball all over the place like they did in NFC Championship against the Bears. 40 degree temp swing will effect them. My profile was in NOLA on Royal St.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
We won't get any "Philadelphia Freedom" in the playoffs this year.

Maybe we won't get any "New York State of Mind" either.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Oh wait, they lost to.............................................

Wait for it

REX GROSSMAN

Not once, but TWICE. Brag about that Giant fans how Eli got out played twice to one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ehhhhh make the playoffs first and win against the Lions before we care about you guys.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think it might be Lions at Packers for the divisional round sadly.

The Lions are young and an indoor team too but they have that look of a team who won't go down easy to me. And the Giants/Cowboys defenses just stink.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
There's a reason i don't want to play the lions and it's because they're divisional you know?

Just look at how Chicago ran all over our D compared to playing earlier this year. I really think the Lions are going to have a field day against us next week, and they probably would in the playoffs. Right now I think there is 3 teams that give me stress; NO, SF, and DET.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
There's a reason i don't want to play the lions and it's because they're divisional you know?

Just look at how Chicago ran all over our D compared to playing earlier this year. I really think the Lions are going to have a field day against us next week, and they probably would in the playoffs. Right now I think there is 3 teams that give me stress; NO, SF, and DET.

Will the Packers try to win this weekend? It's tough to beat a team 3 times and they might want to lay a bit low IMO for a potential rematch. However with a loss that moves them to 6 and forces them to go to NO. However you don't want to get more banged up against a dirty Lions team.

I won't pencil in the Lions though for a playoff win btw. They are idiots. Then again the Giants/Cowboys are also idiots.....

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Will the Packers try to win this weekend? It's tough to beat a team 3 times and they might want to lay a bit low IMO for a potential rematch. However with a loss that moves them to 6 and forces them to go to NO. However you don't want to get more banged up against a dirty Lions team.

I won't pencil in the Lions though for a playoff win btw. They are idiots. Then again the Giants/Cowboys are also idiots.....

mcCarthy's going to play his starters.

And there goes the stress level for Rodgers, Driver, Nelson or another key guy getting injured. Wish he would play it safe like Sean Payton did in 09. There's nothing left to play for, we have number 1 seed, don't let our QB get hurt.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

And there goes the stress level for Rodgers, Driver, Nelson or another key guy getting injured. Wish he would play it safe like Sean Payton did in 09. There's nothing left to play for, we have number 1 seed, don't let our QB get hurt.

Starters for how long?

A half? A full game?

Maybe the Packers though WANT to force the Lions to go to NO.....

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's a better idea to brag after the Giants first beat the Cowboys. Then the Lions. Then the 49ers, which you lost to. Because the only way they face the Packers again is in the NFC Championship.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Maybe it's a better idea to brag after the Giants first beat the Cowboys. Then the Lions. Then the 49ers, which you lost to. Because the only way they face the Packers again is in the NFC Championship.

No they can see each other in the divisional round. 4th can go to 1 if both WC teams lose.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No they can see each other in the divisional round. 4th can go to 1 if both WC teams lose.
Oh, right. Forgot about that. :confused:

Still, though, the Giants have to beat the Cowboys and the Lions to make it to Green Bay, and you shouldn't just assume they'll win both by bragging about it on opposing teams' forums.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am not counting the Cowboys out yet though. Eli tends to play better vs. Dallas IN Dallas. And all the hype is on NY and they will be expected to win at home. I don't think the Cowboys will go down easy and aren't they do for some decent luck this season?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I am betting on Jerry Jones to be yelling and screaming in the coaches face if they are down in the Giants game, as I will put money on it happening if they make the playoffs!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do you think that Bogart? Rodgers gave a strong hint that he'd like to give Matt Flynn a crack at it while he sits.

Members online