Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Chiefs

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
i think the packers losing in the manner they did, they lost that "intimidation" factor that they had going.

Hopefully they roll in the playoffs. All i know is, the saints look good, and that is scary

They got out played, it was bound to happen.

Something just told me, that this defense really sucks and one day they would not get turnovers and have Rodgers to bail them out. Giving up 400 yards to the Chiefs, whom are a bottom of the bucket offense is really bad.

But I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Finally the stigmata of perfection is off our back, time to get back down to earth, and YES the Saints look scary, and before anyone says "They played the Vikings today, they suck" the Vikings sacked Rodgers so many times, and the Saints gave up ZERO sacks. That is huge, and something I am worried about. Do not want to play the Saints in the playoffs.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'm not really that mad about this loss, just a little disappointed. And hey give the chiefs credit i thought they played well. I'm more angry that the injury bug is plaguing the o-line, arguably are most important aspect of this team considering it protects are most valuable player. The saints are really scary right now and they have one of the best offensive lines in the league in my opinion. Imagine how this game would have turned out if Rodgers had all day to throw and 0 sacks. But that wasn't the case, he looked uncomfortable all day back there.

And I also don't want to see the saints in the playoffs- as of right now if we played them, at Lambeau or at New Orleans, I think we would lose. Its hard to beat teams twice in a season, let alone an offensively explosive team like the saints against our struggling defense

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to say the Emperor was found to have no clothes on today. Appalling defense today. Looks like noone wants to get injured. Well you can see what happens when you play that kind of game.
Play again like this and we'll have no worries about the Superbowl. 'Cos we won't be there.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still want to know why Jordy got those early penalties when he made absolutely no contact with the defenders.
I'd also like that touchback to actually be called.
Whatever though, not the end of the world.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen that ref before, he didn't seem like he was working with an entire deck. The NFL needs to pay refs more to get a better class of person; rift-raft like that should not be deciding games.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
It's frustrating to watch a mediocre QB (Orton) look like a Pro-Bowler by standing back in his comfy pocket all day (was he ever even knocked to the ground today? I don't think so...) finding WIDE OPEN receivers play after play after play. We've just ignored it as it didn't matter as the offense was so prolific. Or those that spoke up were told to shut up as the offense was "unbeatable".

Wrong.

If the offense sputters, this team has no chance.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had to evade three defenders to throw the ball every time, I have never seen an OL do much worse than what they showed today. They are banged up but there is no excuse for what happened.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I mentioned in the chat that this was really all my wife's fault. When I was down sick and couldn't do anything about it, she had one of my daughters take my Packers flag down yesterday and replace it with some sissy Christmas decoration. Sorry everyone. I hope to have that remedied after Christmas.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Learning Experience.

The Offensive Line has to be bolstered. Rodgers was flat, regardless...and put those two together ...and Green Bay's Offense sucked.

Now this next statement could be taken to be sour grapes, but it's not: Kyle Orton is a journeyman quarterback, whom the Packers' Defense made look like a top notch QB.

The Defense REALLY was flat ....and couple this with Rodgers'... AND the OL's.... AND the wide receiver's flat performance ....and KC looked like a solid team.

They're not ...Green Bay just played THAT badly today.

Dig... the Packers are not going to win all their games forever, not now, not later , not ever.

It was bound to happen. Butte ....two games from now...it's playoff time. Soo... if the Packers are going to have a flat game...better now...than later.

TIME to start reving it up...

BTW... prior to this year...everyone was talking about Don Caper's awesome Defense.

No one's talking that way now.

More like "Awful". I think something has to be done now, and certainly by next year, about Don Capers and his defense. If Aaron and the offense is flat ....this defense will lose us the game....like today. 14 point will win a lot of games...but not with this porous defense.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad pass rush, and one of the worst Oline I have seen in a long time, they better not play like this against the Bears and Lions.
At least I have Tamba Hali on my fantasy team...

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed Jennings more than anybody thought we would. Bulaga goes down. Sherrod goes out. 3rd string right tackle, 2nd string left tackle, no Jennings, a TE with bad hands, Nelson called for 2 offensive interference penalties all adds up to a pathetic offensive performance. Also the defense could not get off the field against a horrible KC offense.

Reaction score
it sucked, it won't be remembered in the grand history of the game.
Got to move on from this single regular season game, move on and get ready for the Bears.

What will be remembered is how we finish this season.... We can still win the Big One.... bury this game with a great ending to this season, by holding the Championship above our heads and confetti....etc.

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints were heading for a perfect season two years ago and in the exact same week as the Packers, when least expected, finally lost. In the end, they won the SB, which is the most important thing.

I didn't really believe the Packers could have had a perfect season. I didn't expect to fall in Kansas, though. Detroit and New York were more likely, but still having won, those games took a heavy toll - injuries. That's when today's game was lost. The Chiefs took advantage of our depletion. And another thing, which was their coach being sacked. Definitly fired up their players. It's always tricky playing teams the week after their coach gets fired. Players want to perform better to prove themselves to management.

I don't think any team can go 16-0 in the NFC. The Patriots did it in an exceptional year, in a weaker conference. The Packers have been a phenomenal 19 straight games undefeated, now it's past us. The game against the Bears won't be as nasty as it might have been, since they're out of the playoffs and the Packers are no longer undefeated. The Lions' game will be a dirty battle...

Once the playoffs begin a new season starts. Most players' concern is not to get hurt now. Mentally they're already focused in January. It might not be right, because of the fans' expectations of 'perfection', but that's the way it is. GO PACK GO!!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it's only one loss, but the Packers' weaknesses were exposed today, and that worries me.

OL: decimated by injuries, they can't protect Rodgers. Rodgers has not been that good for the last 3 games. Pressure has obviously been taking it's toll. ****, I watch Brees and Brady play today and they have ALL DAY to throw compared to Rodgers.

Defense: progress? what progress?

Only plus I see? Ryan Grant's running.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now at least we won't have 20 + threads on the effects of an undefeated season. We've got to put this into perspective. Hopefully now the team knows what it needs to work on and rest assured, we have the staff and coaches to see that it is done. This loss hurts my heart, it hurts every time I see my team lose, especially after coming off of 13-0. Better we lose to the Chiefs now than lose a game in the playoffs. This loss, in the grand scheme of things, is somewhat meaningless. Lets hope the team doesn't take it too hard, I don't think they will. Keep the faith! We dust ourselves off and move on!

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed Jennings more than anybody thought we would. Bulaga goes down. Sherrod goes out. 3rd string right tackle, 2nd string left tackle, no Jennings, a TE with bad hands, Nelson called for 2 offensive interference penalties all adds up to a pathetic offensive performance. Also the defense could not get off the field against a horrible KC offense.

KC, which isn't going anyplace, played like this was their Super Bowl. They had a new interim coach, and a new sense of desperation after Todd Haley was fired on Monday, along with Tony Sparano.
I have Direct TV's Sunday ticket, am in four weekly football pools and one fantasy league. I have a somewhat fairly decent (for me) handle on most teams. KC, this year, has rarely, if ever, lived up to their billing. This year, it's pretty much been this: if in doubt: go against the Chiefs. That's what makes this game somewhat telling.... This is KC's best game this year, BY FAR. Conversely, this is GB's worst game, BY FAR, this year.
Put those two together: and you come up with a loss.

I agree with you b. on this...the defense has to improve or this will be a shortened year.

The formula is set: run the ball, ....GB will not be able to stop it,.... keep GB's offense off the field ...and you beat GB.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not winning the Super Bowl with today's defense of Offensive Line.

IMO today was more than just a loss, we took a beating in the process as far as our health.

Reaction score
I mentioned in the chat that this was really all my wife's fault. When I was down sick and couldn't do anything about it, she had one of my daughters take my Packers flag down yesterday and replace it with some sissy Christmas decoration. Sorry everyone. I hope to have that remedied after Christmas.

I'm blaming my wife, too! She ordered me a really nice suede Packer jacket for Christmas that came via UPS Friday and suggested that I go ahead and wear it NOW instead of waiting until Christmas saying, "BEFORE they should happen to lose their first game." UGGHH! Typical woman who HATES sports and apparently doesn't notice that I wear my Packer gear ALL YEAR ROUND and would do so even if we were 0-16. For the record, she feels very SAD that we lost today! Didn't get the game in our region. Watched the Bears get annihilated instead. Must have been horribly ugly, no doubt and had I seen it unfold before my very eyes would have made me feel even worse than I do now. Kept checking the chat board like I do when I don't get the Packer game in our region and usually {in those close wins} its been a good luck charm reading the play-by-play posts, but YOU GUYS LET ME DOWN this time. Just kidding! HORRIBLE game for us that we have to put in the rear view mirror, try and get people healthy in a hurry and go into the playoffs hitting on all cylinders. Freakin' KC and Arrowhead! Ahh, boy...."Black Sunday!" Going to bed pizzed off :mad:

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers didn't force a turnover for the first time in 20 games....Packers lose for the first time in 20 games. Put 2 and 2 together....

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two most glaring weaknesses are the offensive and defensive lines. It's common knowledge that games are won and lost in the trenches and if these two areas don't improve drastically over the next couple weeks, the Packers have no chance in the post-season.

I was a little disappointed with Capers yesterday. By halftime it was more than apparent the pass-rush and blitzing was not working against the Chiefs. Instead of backing off and playing a little more straight-up he just kept blitzing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Should have stuck with Grant more...A wild cat play? Come on..

Grant was running hard and was finding the right holes.. 12 for 66 yards? 5.5 yards per..I am actually more upset they didnt stick with him more then anything else..

Once they were in 3rd q, and it was real apparent the passing game had issues, should have switched to Ryan

Latest posts