Official Gameday Thread: Bills @ Packers - 9/19: WIN 34 - 7

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So its Wednesday, I figured its time to start the thread on this game.

Anyone going? Im down for some tailgating if im not too hung over from the badger game.

Oh and Packers by 21

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Packers by 17 is my official guess.

I know I shouldn't sleep on a game, and I hope the players don't, but I feel pretty good about this one. Especially since I think Philly gave us a nice kick in the *** last week. Should get us into gear for the future.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
So its Wednesday, I figured its time to start the thread on this game.

Anyone going? Im down for some tailgating if im not too hung over from the badger game.

Oh and Packers by 21

Yeah I will be going to the game (well at least just tailgating and then hitting up Stadium View to watch the game) but I dont know what time I will be there because like you I will prolly be Hung Over as hell due to a bachelor party.

And I am going to say that it will be Packers by 14.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with Packers by 14. 5 Sacks for the Pack with 3 sacks on us. We should win this game, but I'm not ruling the Bills out. Underestimating any opponent is almost always a fatal mistake. May the Pack win and put a 2 in our win column! GO Pack!!!

BBQ&Beer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going! My wife is a huge Packers fan and since we're working at a ren-faire in Wisconsin she's been bugging me to go up so she can see Lambeau, I decided to take her to her first Packers game. (My first time at Lambeau too but I'm a Panthers fan.) She thinks we're going to a bar to watch the game, so it should be a helluva surprise.

Numberz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traveling from Minneapolis with my son for his first Packer game and my first game at Lambeau! Hoping to make it a great experience and a Packer win.

This is one of those games that you assume a W, but those are the ones that scare me the most.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it a win think the front will do better job a-rod will be his old self.The d-line will be a beast and stop the run ,the phillie game was ugly but mason will be on a roll i think special teams will be better no i wouldnt say a cake walk,but another win for the pack 34 7:happy0005:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traveling from Minneapolis with my son for his first Packer game and my first game at Lambeau! Hoping to make it a great experience and a Packer win.

This is one of those games that you assume a W, but those are the ones that scare me the most.

Thats pretty sweet! how old is your son? Where did you see the packers play before? the dome?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going! My wife is a huge Packers fan and since we're working at a ren-faire in Wisconsin she's been bugging me to go up so she can see Lambeau, I decided to take her to her first Packers game. (My first time at Lambeau too but I'm a Panthers fan.) She thinks we're going to a bar to watch the game, so it should be a helluva surprise.

Make sure you let us know how she reacts to the surprise!:happy0005:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers moved outdoors for their Thursday practice and it felt more like Nov. 16 than Sept. 16.

The wind was blowing cold air around the practice field enough that sweat pants and knit caps were the uniform of the day. Practice was expected to go for about 2 1/2 hours.

As for the injury update:

Cornerback Charles Woodson (toe), linebacker Desmond Bishop (hamstring) and end Mike Neal (side) did not practice at all. All three were in attendance during the walk-through, however.
Left tackle Chad Clifton (knee) and end Cullen Jenkins (broken hand) took part in the walk-through but not the regular practice.
S Derrick Martin (ankle) appeared to be a full participant.
LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was back and practicing in pads after being very limited Wednesday.
CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) appeared to be taking part in at least a limited portion of practice and possibly was a full participant.

Numberz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats pretty sweet! how old is your son? Where did you see the packers play before? the dome?

My son's eight and really excited to go.
I've been to a game in Milwaukee and also a couple at the 'Dome. The first one was the TJ Rubley game ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._J._Rubley ). The second one was the game that Favre threw TD #421 to break the All-Time TD record.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- For the first time in Mike McCarthy's tenure as Packers coach, he didn't take the field on opening weekend with the youngest roster in the National Football League.

The NFL released their roster averages on Thursday and the Packers are now FIFTH-youngest in the league at 25.92 years. (I originally said fourth)

The Packers had been the youngest team in the league (or tied) for four-straight years.

Carolina has the youngest roster at 25.15. Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are tied at 25.58, followed by Miami at 25.77.

Other updates:

DE Mike Neal (ribs) went through jog throughs for the first time. "Mike Neal made progress today, so we’ll see how he feels in the morning," McCarthy said. "Hopefully he can go through a full practice tomorrow. Tomorrow morning will be a big obstacle, which is usually is after a player comes back for his first day of practice."
McCarthy wouldn't say Charles Woodson, who didn't practice again, is full go. "Well, it’s the big toe, and it was a pretty good injury on Friday. He made it through the game, and we’ll just judge it week to week."
McCarthy said it was business as usual with LB A.J. Hawk: "No, I have not talked to A.J. Hawk about the story or your story or whoever’s story it was in today’s paper. I thought A.J. had a normal, professional day today like he always does. Practices hard, prepares the right way, getting ready to beat Buffalo."
And Hawk's future with the Packers? "A.J. Hawk is a very good football player. You can’t always put just 11 players on the field that are good players. I will not apologize for having more than 11 good defensive football players on our team. I’ve discussed this with our football team at the beginning of the season. It’s tough to utilize those guys, but those are good problems. This is something we’ve been building as a personnel department and we’re very thankful we have A.J. Hawk and a number of other very good players."

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Lets not start assuming a win here.

Remember last season in Tampa.

I say if the packers do well and win Packers 27-10

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure he will enjoy it, just went to my first game last year when they played Dallas, awesome time! Awesome fans! Awesome Experience with a nice W!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers moved outdoors for their Thursday practice and it felt more like Nov. 16 than Sept. 16.

The wind was blowing cold air around the practice field enough that sweat pants and knit caps were the uniform of the day. Practice was expected to go for about 2 1/2 hours.

As for the injury update:

Cornerback Charles Woodson (toe), linebacker Desmond Bishop (hamstring) and end Mike Neal (side) did not practice at all. All three were in attendance during the walk-through, however.
Left tackle Chad Clifton (knee) and end Cullen Jenkins (broken hand) took part in the walk-through but not the regular practice.
S Derrick Martin (ankle) appeared to be a full participant.
LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was back and practicing in pads after being very limited Wednesday.
CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) appeared to be taking part in at least a limited portion of practice and possibly was a full participant.

I know it's kind of normal that guys are never 100% as the season goes on, but that's pretty nerve racking knowing about all those injuries

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills have one area of concern, their passing Defense. Everything else is bottom of the league. Lets not forget they also almost had the Defensive Rookie of the year last year

LIIT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Visiting from Copenhagen, Denmark (Europe) - going to be my first game at Lambeau - can't wait for game day :) Any gameday recommendations for a rookie ?

GO PACK GO !

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Visiting from Copenhagen, Denmark (Europe) - going to be my first game at Lambeau - can't wait for game day :) Any gameday recommendations for a rookie ?

GO PACK GO !

Enjoy the experience. Might check out the stadium tour the day before the game. It's fun.

GB 35, Bills 10

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring), LG Daryn Colledge (illness), FB Korey Hall (hip), DE Mike Neal (side/rib) did not participate in practice and are questionable for the game.
CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) was limited and is questionable.
Charles Woodson and Chad Clifton practiced and are ready to go.
Colledge came in sick this morning and will be monitored. Bryan Bulaga would start at LG if Colledge can't go.
Hall torqued his troublesome hip on Thursday but will be given the 48 hours to get ready for the game.
Mike McCathy on Neal: "Mike Neal is getting close. Had a chance to watch him a little bit, go through the rehab. I don’t know if he’s going to make it. I don’t like the fact that he did not practice today. We’ll evaluate him."
On whether RB Dimitri Nance could contribute on Sunday: "I really can’t answer that question. I think he’s a very bright young man, just from my conversations with Edgar Bennett. But he is coming from a terminology offense that’s a lot different than ours. But it’s still football. If he was to be up on Sunday, we would definitely have a package for him."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts