Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got confirmation that I got tickets to the game.
First Super Bowl ever..... my town.
Very fortunate.

I had bad luck when going to games when #4 was the QB.... haven't seen any Rodgers starts, but I saw his relief appearance here in Dallas in 2007 when both teams were 10-1 and Favre sucked, put us in a 17-point hole with 2 Ints.... Rodgers almost brought us all the way back. That was when we saw first-hand that Rodgers was ready.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very fortunate.

I had bad luck when going to games when #4 was the QB.... haven't seen any Rodgers starts, but I saw his relief appearance here in Dallas in 2007 when both teams were 10-1 and Favre sucked, put us in a 17-point hole with 2 Ints.... Rodgers almost brought us all the way back. That was when we saw first-hand that Rodgers was ready.

That is awesome, Frank!!!! Hopefully you will have better luck this time! This is a whole new team! Have much fun and represent us proud!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what MM had to say here:
"You really have no control of the path. That's part of the deal," said Packers head coach Mike McCarthy. "I mean, every season's different. You just try to keep it on the road. So our particular path this year, in hindsight, has made us a stronger football team. It's shaped us in a different way. We've had opportunity, really, to play five playoff games going into this Super Bowl. So I think that really helps us. We feel like we're a razor-sharp team as far as the level of play that we've been bringing to the table here the last month.
"We knew we were a good football team when we came out of training camp.

We knew we'd have an opportunity to be part of this. And things sometimes go your way, sometimes they don't. But I think it speaks volumes about the men in the locker room, the character, everybody keeping an eye on their target."

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very fortunate.

that is fantastic, rizzo. enjoy! better luck this time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COOL!

Hey, this from McGinn... this is why we need to throw the ball 50 times, and never run it except when they think we are passing. Plus keeping Hampton out of the game is good for us.
"Don't beat your head against the wall," the coach said. "They understand their gap control. Every gap is filled. If I was going to play the Steelers, I would not even waste my time getting in regular personnel and trying to run the ball on them."
In the 43rd Super Bowl, Arizona spread the field with a flotilla of wide receivers, rushed merely 12 times for 33 yards and kept the 360-pound Hampton off the field for all but 14 snaps.
Kurt Warner passed for 377 yards and three touchdowns (112.3 passer rating) Pittsburgh boasts new version of the 'steel curtain' - JSOnline

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Geez, I just saw an eBay listing that claims to be for a Super Bowl ring from '96. Forty grand. The lister won't say whose ring it was.

1996 GREEN BAY PACKERS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP RING

Another weird thing I saw was a Green Bay stockholder, selling copies of his stock certificate with the name custom doctored to be the name of the eBay buyer/their gift recipient. Though our stock is basically symbolic, I can't believe that's legal - seems like some sort of fraud, to me, but the guy sold several of them. Seems like someone would have let the Packers know by now. (He's right out there with the, "Hey, the person you give this to will think it's real stock!" Oy.)

Steelerindc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't we leave the off the field stuff off the field and focus on the game.

How quickly you forget about your beloved Mark Chamura ****** a friends daughter. How thuggish and low life is that or is that ok in your book.

How about something more recent since you've seem to forgotten about that ancient history, Brandon Underwood was just accused of ****** assault.

So since both of our teams have some thugs on them lets talk football.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
loving this!!!

I know, Packers are really rubbing it into their haters, won the Halas trophy in Chicago, beat Atlanta the unbeatable home team, and now have Jerry Jones painting an endzone with the Packers logo in his own stadium and having a sea of green and gold.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, Packers are really rubbing it into their haters, won the Halas trophy in Chicago, beat Atlanta the unbeatable home team, and now have Jerry Jones painting an endzone with the Packers logo in his own stadium and having a sea of green and gold.

Indeed! Don't forget they also beat Philly at home and Philly was supposed to go to the SB led by Vick! Denied! Go Pack Go!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Indeed! Don't forget they also beat Philly at home and Philly was supposed to go to the SB led by Vick! Denied! Go Pack Go!

Thanks Kitten, I forgot what was so important about Philly since I remember the hype from the last three games.

Yeah, Vick was supposed to roll and it would of been the Redemption Bowl next sunday. Fitting that it would of taken place in Texas.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't we leave the off the field stuff off the field and focus on the game.

How quickly you forget about your beloved Mark Chamura ****** a friends daughter. How thuggish and low life is that or is that ok in your book.

How about something more recent since you've seem to forgotten about that ancient history, Brandon Underwood was just accused of ****** assault.

So since both of our teams have some thugs on them lets talk football.

TY and well said

I cant stand seeing the phrase being tossed around by Packer fans

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Guess who.
Matt Damon?
LOL

I bet Jerry Jones has to love seeing this in his new stadium.
I'm sure he is.
It's a reminder of all the moolah he'll be making.
The real winner of the SB, sad to say, will be Jerry Jones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts