Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

mmeacrakl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS - BTW I'm not gonna creep or lurk here. I just wanted to express those quick thoughts, then I'll be gone. Unlike previous SB trips when I was "excited/amped" about the matchup . . . this time it feels different for me. This time there is this genuine sense of awe, a sense of the history and magnitude of what these 2 teams have meant to the NFL and to their respective cities.

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate the steelers always have always will.

I don't understand how anyone can actually hate another team.
It's just a game. I am a Steelers fan, and I don't hate any other teams. I am a fan of the game and like to see good competition.
The only team that I have a strong distaste for is NE because they actually cheated.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can actually hate another team.
It's just a game. I am a Steelers fan, and I don't hate any other teams. I am a fan of the game and like to see good competition.
The only team that I have a strong distaste for is NE because they actually cheated.

I'm a NY Born and NJ raised and I'm a Yankee fan, anyone resent the yankees? why so? I already know the answer, same reason people resent the steelers...trust me I respect the accomplishments, but nothing would bring me more pleasure then seeing Ward getting shoved around and seeing "BIG BEN" on his back

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I try to understand the history of the league and both teams are rooted in it. I liked your guys Batman like jerseys the best, I like how your team represents your city, I admire that the Rooneys hold onto the Steelers, and that the Steelers are a defensive team.

I can say I may hold a dislike toward the whole state of Pennsylvania for personal reason - some justifiable, a lot not, but I can say this is a game I was hoping for, since the Steelers won the Super Bowl and I saw an article saying the Steelers franchise is better than the Packers as a whole. I wanted this match up to see the Packers beat the Steelers to settle it. I don't think regular season match ups count, every team has their ups and down. I don't like that Johnny Blood was sign back to the Packers as a deal for the Steelers.

This is when both teams are at their prime, in prime time, going head to head for the win for it all. I can say I want the Packers to bring the Lombardi home, they got the Halas from the Bears. I doubt the Steelers will quit this prize fight, and I believe the Packers want it more.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly say I loathe the Jets, always have. I loathed them upon sight and I loathe them beyond all sense of reason. But, I don't hate the Steelers, for what it's worth I have a lot of respect for them. At various points they have been my favorite team in the AFC. They have a good history and a solid fan base. But if they are going against my Packers, the Pack pulls trump above all.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone remember when Steve Johnson almost beat the Steelers but dropped the game winning TD in Overtime? Was Ben playing in that game? Was Polamalu? Harrison?

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am hoping the packers can dictate pace, but i have a bad feeling the steelers can hold them. their defense has been really solid as of late. i'd love to see the steelers actually lose a super bowl.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
[ame="http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28663"]1967 throwback jersey - Steelers Fever Forums[/ame] <-Looks awfully familar to the Packers 40's jersey.

Keefer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one team I didn't want to face - now I have very mixed emotions about this. I live in Pittsburgh and hear all the time about how they have "the most championships in the NFL." Obviously a loss will make things miserable for me, but even these next two weeks are not going to be the joyride they'll be for those of you in other parts of the country.

We'll probably be the road team again (despite wearing the home jerseys, if we choose), but now I'm not as concerned about playing on the road.

I live in Greensburg...

JayMuzic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can not wait! This is the first year that i started watching football and what a way to start with my team going to the superbowl!

Members online