Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Steelers, I want to see them dominate this team...I'm very happy we are playing them, to be the BEST you must beat the BEST and so far we have! WE MUST WIN!!!!

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ****** comments are off base.

The only thing Ben is guilty of is making bad decisions. He is young, single, and a multi millionaire quarterback of one of the most prolific NFL teams. He got himself into a little bit of trouble, and his name was tarnished by two gold digging women who have both been proven to wrong, and the cases have been thrown out of court.

Ben is a standup guy, who has handled his fame wrong at times. He has payed his price, served his suspensions, and been proved innocent and has been humbled by the experience. Look at the evidence before you call the guy a ****** and make comments about people's daughters and so forth. Both of the women were going for his pockets, one even bragged about hoping she was pregnant with his child and practically stalking the guy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think the Packers are going to win this one, I really think they want it more and will fight for it more. I was glad that Rodgers had such a bad game at Chicago will make him work harder, and when the Bears scored their second touchdown I so glad that they didn't give a close up to Woodson when he stared at Collins, it would of probably been one of the scariest faces given to a team mate.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only thing Ben is guilty of is making bad decisions. He is young, single, and a multi millionaire quarterback of one of the most prolific NFL teams. He got himself into a little bit of trouble, and his name was tarnished by two gold digging women who have both been proven to wrong, and the cases have been thrown out of court.

Ben is a standup guy, who has handled his fame wrong at times. He has payed his price, served his suspensions, and been proved innocent and has been humbled by the experience. Look at the evidence before you call the guy a ****** and make comments about people's daughters and so forth. Both of the women were going for his pockets, one even bragged about hoping she was pregnant with his child and practically stalking the guy.
Got links to stories to back this up?

HICKS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You don't have your buddy bleach down an entire bathroom and erase security tapes if nothing happened. Especially after the idiot officers forgot to quarantine the scene.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had sex with a number of women.
And never ever did any of them ever accuse me of **** or go to the police to try and get charges against me.
Maybe Rapistbooger did not commit ****.
But if he didn't then why would he keep on getting accused of it?

People can be paid and bought off to look the other way.
$ talks.
And having tons of money and being able to pay high priced really good attorneys certainly helps one case.

Just because Rapistbooger didn't go to jail doesn't mean he didn't do ****.
It just means that he wasn't convicted of it and nothing more.

Something definitely smells fishy here.
Besides, he just looks like a thug.

And finally, the big difference between A-Rod and Rapsbooger is that one is a dumb skirt chaser who just thinks with his little head and the other is an elite QB who deserves to win the SB more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Enough about Ben

His actions outside of football have no bearing on how he plays the game

Now

I feel a whole lot better vs the Steelers than the Bears...

I think Pack win this one 31 to 20

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Go, you Packers, Go! I still think the Packers can win this one, and A-Rod can beat Pittsburg's D and our D can stop Roethlisberger.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We can do it. This place is a great place to let the time fly and enjoy it.

Also wanted to add the preseason Mutton Chops worked for A-ROD .

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are in the SuperBowl babyyyyy, it has kicked all the way in yet it probably will as the game time gets closer and closer.

SteelcityLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait till 2-6-2011..

Question: Anthony Smith is still on your roster? does he actually play? Because the last time I looked, he's in street clothes watching the game.

Also, I remember Dom Capers in Pittsburgh, but I don't know how much his Blitz has evolved.. Zone blitz or Man to Man blitz?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the feeling that this game is one of those games where BOTH teams are very good and deserving to be here. A game worthy of the title of Super Bowl.

Plus I want to say the two teams with the better offenses won their NFC/AFC Championship round.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wxx8GPD7mc&feature=related]YouTube - Super Bowl XLV 45-Packers vs Steelers Promo-Quaterbacks[/ame]

WHO IS ALREADY READY FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the feeling that this game is one of those games where BOTH teams are very good and deserving to be here. A game worthy of the title of Super Bowl.

Plus I want to say the two teams with the better offenses won their NFC/AFC Championship round.

Absolutely! I can't think of a more worthy opponent to face in the SB than the Steelers. They are a good team and I think it's going to be one of the most intense SBs I've ever seen.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yes! Both teams had tough beginnings, both teams engraved into the history of the NFL, the great debate of what is more important Super Bowls or Championships. Both have fans that are dedicated to thier team through generations, and their teams reflect upon their cities, teams that are named after a working class job, both teams that had Johnny Blood. All of this following an injured Packers team that everybody warned if the Packers make it into the playoffs they are gonna run with it. And the Steelers team that had a QB controversy but people still thought at the beginning of the season would make it.

This game is almost if not equally epic to the Bears game we got out of: TITLE TOWN VS STEEL CITY!

Go Packers.

Edit: Funny thought if it was a redemption battle it would be Eagles versus Steelers. A Steagles game.

LombardiTrophy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone planning on going to the game here? I have budgeted $2K for Super Bowl tickets and have some extra cash for the parties. I have heard that the Super Bowl parties are amazing. Supposedly, Playboy and Maxim put on crazy fun events. I found supersundayhq.com and they are great but I would love more info.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it:

This is a good matchup for the Packers. Their receivers are deeper and more talented than the Pittsburgh DBs. Look for Pittsburgh to try and win the passing game matchup by putting as much pressure on AR as possible. What will help the Packers, is Dom Capers being familiar with the Pittsburgh defense and Rodgers practicing against it most of training camp. Additionally, Rodgers always seems to have great games after a week off. Look for Rodgers to have a very successful day.

The Steelers will need to have their run game in top form. Loss of Pouncy could be a significant loss. Lots of short passes and QB scrambles to keep the aggresive Packer defense at bay. New York Jets may have exposed some run opportunities that the Packers can take advantage of. Did the Bears also expose weaknesses in the Packers - shutting down Rodgers in the 2nd half? I don't think it is relatable as t he Bears run a completely unrelated cover 2 scheme.

Result?

Packers 30
Steelers 27

This is a bit higher scoring than people are expecting. I think this will be the case because of the similar defenses. This should give the offenses more opportunities because of their familiarity.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! Both teams had tough beginnings, both teams engraved into the history of the NFL, the great debate of what is more important Super Bowls or Championships. Both have fans that are dedicated to thier team through generations, and their teams reflect upon their cities, teams that are named after a working class job, both teams that had Johnny Blood. All of this following an injured Packers team that everybody warned if the Packers make it into the playoffs they are gonna run with it. And the Steelers team that had a QB controversy but people still thought at the beginning of the season would make it.

This game is almost if not equally epic to the Bears game we got out of: TITLE TOWN VS STEEL CITY!

Go Packers.

Edit: Funny thought if it was a redemption battle it would be Eagles versus Steelers. A Steagles game.

Great post! Nice WWII Era reference on the converged team names. :happy0005:

mmeacrakl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers and everything they stand for: from Lombardi, to Bill Curry (my favorite ex-Packer), to the team's public ownership structure, to the Frozen Tundra, to you crazy friggin cheese heads, to the training camp bike rides. If I wasn't a Steelers fan then I would be more than proud to be a Packers fan.

Don't get me wrong... I'm gonna root like hell for my team come SB Sunday... but I just felt compelled to join this forum if only to congratulate the Packers and their fans and to express my respect for an incredible (and scary) opponent.

As I sit here today, I hope we give the nation a football game for the ages, a game worthy of these two franchises. But once game time arrives... I think the only thing my heart (and my sanity) can stand will be a Steelers blowout... which ain't gonna happen.

I know these are highly ranked defenses, but I'm a big believer in the "over" on this one. Cautiously optimistic prediction: Steelers 35 - Packers 31.

Best of luck from a Steeler fan (and Packer admirer) here in the 'burgh.

Members online

Latest posts