Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Packers 12/27: WIN 48 - 10

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
WOW, bucs won. HOLY CRAP. Saints are melting down. Must have caught the December Swoon bug from the Cowboys.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're in the playoffs!

oh and the Saints losing at home to the Bucs has completly changed my perspective on them...i no longer think they are a super bowl team...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Whoooooooooooooooo!!!! PLAYOFFS!!!!!

I can feel the Viking fans getting worried.

As much as you would probably want it to be true, it is - however, highly unlikely ...

The Saints just lost to Tamba Bay, and the Panthers eradicated the Giants ... Making next weeks game for the Saints in Carolina very important, and Saints might very well find themselves losing that game as well ...

If the Vikings manage to win against the Bears (which they should by all accounts), and if the Vikings final game against the Giants results in a win (for the Vikings), all of a sudden the road to face the Vikings a third time for the Packers will go through New Orleans ...

January just became that more exiting, and I'm looking very much forward to my vacation now :) - Especially after having being this busy most of December ... - Some relaxation time will be highly appreciated and what better way than to watch the Packers in the Play Offs ?

/cheers !

Edit*

we're in the playoffs!

oh and the Saints losing at home to the Bucs has completly changed my perspective on them...i no longer think they are a super bowl team...

There are those of us who have been saying that the Saints weren't as superior as their record showed even when they were 11-0 ... However, saying they aren't a "Super Bowl" caliber team is a little stretched ... Considering the other teams in the Play Offs (Vikings included), The Saints are still a contender ...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah your right. saying they're not superbowl contenders is pretty stupid but i guess im just saying that im not really afraid to play against them anymore after they've lost back to back games at home.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game today. Always nice to not have to worry about games after the first quarter lol.

Cheers to the playoffs!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
yeah your right. saying they're not superbowl contenders is pretty stupid but i guess im just saying that im not really afraid to play against them anymore after they've lost back to back games at home.

Matchup wise, the odds would heavily favour the Saints against the Packers ... - All though I would say that given past games and matchups, I would give the Packers a greater chance at beating the Saints, even in New Orleans than I would give the Packers a chance to beat the Vikings playing in the Dome ...

However, Saints losing back to back games really doesn't say much - to me atleast, because, the Saints had already secured a play off spot and first round bye ... - So mentally, the players might not have been as "ignited" as "normal" ... - Which would only be natural ...

In any case, could be a highly interesting game, if the Packers were to play the Vikings yet a third time in the Dome in the NFC Championship Game ... All though honestly, I think the odds of that happening are very slim ... at best ...

In any case, I think alot of credit of the Packers making the Play Offs will have to go the coaching staff and both McCarthy and Dom Capers ... Kinda funny how things go, eh ? ... Not that long ago, alot of the fans and posters on these very same boards, were "screaming" for both of them to be fired ...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a GOOD kicker is about consistency, now im not taking anything away from crosby because that was a good kick..........but im still not convinced that we should keep him.:fie:

Well a 52 yarder is impressive nonetheless. However crosby's issue is with confidence. If that's the case he better get his act together before the playoffs begin.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well a 52 yarder is impressive nonetheless. However crosby's issue is with confidence. If that's the case he better get his act together before the playoffs begin.

completly agree. i hope he gets his game together, definitly gonna need him in the playoffs. todays game definitly was a start.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely a great game since i didn't have to worry. Rodgers wasn't so great, but he didn't have to. Hopefully, that long Crosby FG is a sign of things to come. Hasselbeck just really had a bad day and our D took advantage. That's what it came down to and the fact that the Seahawks kept committing stupid penalties.

Members online

Latest posts