Official Game Day Thread: Ravens @ Packers 12/7: WIN 27 - 14

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Seems like the Ravens have given up throwing those junk underneath throws.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Good Job Pack! They took another step tonight in the right direction. I think our O-line did a great job!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both William's PI and Mason's PI where completely inexistant...

Packers won! GO PACK GO! But this team is no good. I mean, we're probably better than almost anyone in the league both on Defense and on Offense. But the dropped passes (AGAIN), the poor throws (yes, it was Driver's fault, a catchable ball and you did play very well, but Aaron, it's a 10 yard open receiver throw. Please, not on the foot), THE PENALTIES, THE WORST ST IN NFL HISTORY, and Jarrett Bush may be too much to overcome against elite teams.

That being said, Tauscher has made a monstruous difference. This line is almost good.

And this Defense, my oh my... This Defense is GOOD. Capers, I take back everything bad I've said about you (though in the time it was deserved). What a job, specially against the run. CM3 for rookie of the year (Harvin is going to win because he's an awesome kick returner. If it only took into account him as a receiver, and he's already a very good receiver, Matthews would've won it.) And Mr. Charles Woodson for DPoY.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Good things I saw:

1. Defense, Defense, Defense. We really stepped it up, especially in the first half. The penalties helped though.

2. Our ST only let up one big play. That's still one too many, but it's an improvement.

3. We're changing the backfield. Grant can run, sometimes, but Green is our real change of pace back and can confuse opposing D's.

4. The play calling on both sides of the ball, to me, seemed spot on. Our major downfall was in individual players. More specifically, receivers. But hey, it was cold, you have to cut them some slack.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers won! GO PACK GO! But this team is no good. I mean, we're probably better than almost anyone in the league both on Defense and on Offense. But the dropped passes (AGAIN), the poor throws (yes, it was Driver's fault, a catchable ball and you did play very well, but Aaron, it's a 10 yard open receiver throw. Please, not on the foot), THE PENALTIES, THE WORST ST IN NFL HISTORY, and Jarrett Bush may be too much to overcome against elite teams.

That being said, Tauscher has made a monstruous difference. This line is almost good.

And this Defense, my oh my... This Defense is GOOD. Capers, I take back everything bad I've said about you (though in the time it was deserved). What a job, specially against the run. CM3 for rookie of the year (Harvin is going to win because he's an awesome kick returner. If it only took into account him as a receiver, and he's already a very good receiver, Matthews would've won it.) And Mr. Charles Woodson for DPoY.

I understand that there were a lot of dropped passes, but you have to keep in mind that it's still a cold weather game. I've seen even the best of them make boneheaded plays in the cold like Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne. I think we are fine. ST needs the most work and penalties will get us nowhere. I did seem some flashes of brilliance on ST which I think will get better by the end of the season for sure but honestly this will be a penalty driven team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

As said, it was a cold weather game, first one so players weren't used to it or at least I'll give em the benefit of the doubt.

That driver leg INT might have been his only truly BAD throw of the night. He might have been getting pressure and had to throw it around somebody, under an arm. I need to watch that play again. 1 bad pass, in cold weather. That's amazing really. We'll take it. That was a freak play.

Our D is getting HOT, and the offense is too! GO PACK GO! I feel like our team matured tonight.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
They put Jarret on Todd heap and allowed 2 3rd down passes. Even hawk had a pick over heap i doubt Jarrett wouldn't have even seen that ball.

There's quite a size difference there. I've gotten more respect for Bush. My question is...Is Tramon Williams good enough to cover Anquan Boldin or other good receivers? Don't get me wrong I love me some Tramon, but he didn't play the best tonight.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that there were a lot of dropped passes, but you have to keep in mind that it's still a cold weather game. I've seen even the best of them make boneheaded plays in the cold like Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne. I think we are fine. ST needs the most work and penalties will get us nowhere. I did seem some flashes of brilliance on ST which I think will get better by the end of the season for sure but honestly this will be a penalty driven team.
I agree that the weather was a factor, but it's a reocurrent problem.

And the "flashes of brilliance" by the ST, I see it more like, they play 89 mines of solide, but unspetacular football. But EVERY GAME they give at least one big play. That's unnacceptable.
Why? Did he make a mistake?
TD was on him. A couple of 3rd downs were on him. And he's Jarrett Bush. He's terrible all around.
As said, it was a cold weather game, first one so players weren't used to it or at least I'll give em the benefit of the doubt.

That driver leg INT might have been his only truly BAD throw of the night. He might have been getting pressure and had to throw it around somebody, under an arm. I need to watch that play again. 1 bad pass, in cold weather. That's amazing really. We'll take it. That was a freak play.

Our D is getting HOT, and the offense is too! GO PACK GO! I feel like our team matured tonight.
Rodgers, as I said, had a very good game. But he wasn't dead on on his throws. Yeah, the winter, but still... 2 throws to Jennings were off, one throw to Jones was late, and that Driver throw. Just to name the ones I recall.

But still, he accounted for almost every point we had. He had a very good game, and most importantly, we won.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's quite a size difference there. I've gotten more respect for Bush. My question is...Is Tramon Williams good enough to cover Anquan Boldin or other good receivers? Don't get me wrong I love me some Tramon, but he didn't play the best tonight.
Tonight he was TERRIBLE but did make up for it with that int.

Last game he was AWESOME, against Dallas he was good, SF he was OK... He's too inconsistent. But then again, we have Woodson on the other side, and Collins right next to him, not to mention he's a playmaker himself, so to me that makes up for his boneheaded plays.

Staff online

Members online