Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings 10/5: LOSE 30 - 23

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think that our secondary, o-line and turnovers costed us the game. Everything else was perfectly fine. IMO, if we would have kicked those 2 fieldgoals, that would give us 6 points more and take away that interception and TD from the Vikings..

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, four years in a row of being the, or one of the youngest teams in the NFL? That seemed odd going in, and I guess it shows overall. That doesn't work well Ted, if you consider yourself a Super Bowl contender. The O-Line is showing the ills, badly. Veterans are not a disease, Ted.

Yeah, I'm mad at Ted, and also thought he wasn't too gung ho about Brett from the beginning of his reign. However, I don't blame him in the end, considering the nonsense Favre was pulling. There's only so much you can take from a gorgeous woman, unfortunately with mega baggage.

I don't know if it will take one or two more losing seasons, but if he makes it beyond this year, he would be a lunatic not to sprinkle some quality vets into the mix next year, 'cause he'll be gone for sure.

RealPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Favresota Favre's barley Favred out a win over the Green Bay non-Favres. The non-Favre's containted Adrian Favre but Brett Favre Favred three 3 TD passes. This is Mike Favreico for John Favreden and Mike Favreorski join us next week for FavreSPN Favreday Favre Favreball."

That was probably the biggest Favre love fest/one sided announcing I've ever seen. I mean the guy played pretty good, were losing, ok I get it but shut the hell up. He played well but they are acting like he had some amazing performance, like every pass was like the one he threw to win the game last week against the 49ers. "Hey lets see some clips of Favre in practice with Gruden and McCarthy from 1994" Wooooooooo. I think my favorite was when Allen sacked Rodgers in the end zone and before the challange they were watching the damn replay which clearly showed Rodgers was down and they go "Jarden Allen causes the fumble Vikings ball!" Ummm are you watching the game or are you just watching the cammer that's showing Favre all night.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The Favresota Favre's barley Favred out a win over the Green Bay non-Favres. The non-Favre's containted Adrian Favre but Brett Favre Favred three 3 TD passes. This is Mike Favreico for John Favreden and Mike Favreorski join us next week for FavreSPN Favreday Favre Favreball."

That was probably the biggest Favre love fest/one sided announcing I've ever seen. I mean the guy played pretty good, were losing, ok I get it but shut the hell up. He played well but they are acting like he had some amazing performance, like every pass was like the one he threw to win the game last week against the 49ers. "Hey lets see some clips of Favre in practice with Gruden and McCarthy from 1994" Wooooooooo. I think my favorite was when Allen sacked Rodgers in the end zone and before the challange they were watching the damn replay which clearly showed Rodgers was down and they go "Jarden Allen causes the fumble Vikings ball!" Ummm are you watching the game or are you just watching the cammer that's showing Favre all night.

Favre owned your *****..admit it.

You should all be wearing DRESSES...Mary.

:rotfl:

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really crazy, while the Packers were actually clobbered tonight, they still managed to make the misleading final score within 7.

I swear, they may be one of the greatest teams ever to not win a lot of games. It's like they're impervious to getting blown out, score wise. It's like a big nasty tease.

Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was another penalty on the Pack on that play, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lopsided penalties were ridiculous. Not that it would have changed much, but you'd have to be insane not to see a little of it.

And no, that's not an excuse.

RealPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really crazy, while the Packers were actually clobbered tonight, they still managed to make the misleading final score within 7.

I swear, they may be one of the greatest teams ever to not win a lot of games. It's like they're impervious to getting blown out, score wise. It's like a big nasty tease.

I think Favre took up witch craft and cursed them. There is just no way you can lose that many close games, bad teams couldn't even lose that many close games. It's really mind boggling if you really think about it. And it's dumb stuff that happens like blocked FG in Chi, BS safety call in Min last year, it's stuff that doesn't have anything to do with being a bad team (for the most part).

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lopsided penalties were ridiculous. Not that it would have changed much, but you'd have to be insane not to see a little of it.

And no, that's not an excuse.

That INT/penalty in the end zone was suspect. Could have gone either way, I am just saying.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...we are 2-2 now. Bye week comes in a great time. Maybe we can make our whole OL start running 20km every day...by the end of the week they will be 140km away from GB and maybe we can play better that way.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear now that Woodsen is publicly questioning Ted's roster decisions concerning the backfield. Uh-oh.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Not a good peformance by the O-line tonight. Colledge is not an LT. No matter what TT & MM are hoping for him to develop into, he'll never be a successful LT. Back to square one as far as replacing Clifton anytime soon.

Kudos to Finley for stepping up his game. Can't believe Lee dropped that one. Tough break in a big rivalry game.

Holding/P.I. call on Woodson was B.S. Offsides also on GB on that play too. Too many mental miscues.

Regardless of injuries, bad calls by refs, Rodgers terribly lacking in the pocket awareness department & poor game management by MM (11 rushes by Grant tonight? C'mon Mike!) I think this team is still headed in the right direction.

TT, I'm not letting you off the hook though. This is your 5th season running the show here & the best we can do at the HumptyDome is let #4 put on a hi-light reel for the Nation? This one is all on you.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did you see this?

I heard this tonight after the game on ESPN 540 from Jason Wilde. Apparently he's questioning the scheme as well. They practice certain things during the week, but don't implement them in the actual game. I can understand him being frustrated, since we're all frustrated.

It'll more than likely make some print tomorrow.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I heard this tonight after the game on ESPN 540 from Jason Wilde. Apparently he's questioning the scheme as well. They practice certain things during the week, but don't implement them in the actual game. I can understand him being frustrated, since we're all frustrated.

It'll more than likely make some print tomorrow.

So the backfield as in Defensive or Offensive? The only thing I can see him questioning is the safety situation...Once again Derrick Martin looked terrible

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT, I'm not letting you off the hook though. This is your 5th season running the show here & the best we can do at the HumptyDome is let #4 put on a hi-light reel for the Nation? This one is all on you.

^^ nice ^^
i just wish more would stop with the excuses ... that score board dont lie ,, we were beat ... and the guy leading the queens was our old qb ... well TT you wanted to roll the dice ... you thought you could do better .. i just hope more see what this packers team is becoming ... quit making excuses .. it just makes us look more dumb than we already do ... come on the whole nation watched us loose ... they watched Brett winn again ...

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the backfield as in Defensive or Offensive? The only thing I can see him questioning is the safety situation...Once again Derrick Martin looked terrible

I'm pretty sure the D, with blitzing etc... We'll find out more tomorrow I'm sure.

Hobbes09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, do NOT take ESPN's words on players, especially when they're using cut up quotes like they did with Woodson. ESPN likes to play sports like a Soap Opera.

As for this game, it's shakey. Very odd. The lack of penalties against the Vikings was incredibly noticeable. Notice how the only ones called were when they broke across our OL. You may say it probably would not have changed the outcome, but I disagree. Nearly every other play in the first half was a penalty, usually holding. If you don't think any of those 10 yard penalties would have stalled even one of their TD drives then, sorry, but you're being kind of dense.

As good as we ran, there's a reason we abandoned it, that reason being time. Down two touchdowns in the second half you need to start throwing the ball more. I'm also going to hold off grading the defense. Yes, they looked terrible against the pass, but after they got zero pressure on the blitzes (for some strange and unusual reason) it was all about coverage and by that point Favre knew all he had to do was sit there and wait until someone came 10 yards loose. Not hard with basically a missing SS.

I hate being like this, but the officiating destroyed this game. Not only did it extend multiple scoring drives for one and only one team, but it also completely changed how our defense approached the game. I mean, does anyone really believe the only penalties Minnesota committed were a pair of unabated to the QBs in the fourth quarter? Or that we didn't blitz once past the middle of the second quarter just 'cause?

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how arod never quit though, he was sacked 8 times!!!! most QBs would quit after that, but not aaron he hung tough and had a pretty decent game. the defense was 50/50 good run defense but we did not get prssure on favre AT ALL!!!! Al harris is worthless too. He got beat sooo many times it made me sick. and as far as Im concerned finley should have won the starting spot monday night, rodgers put that ball right in the numbers of lee and he muffed it THAT WAS HUGE for us. Hopefully the bye week will fix some problems we have.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
First, do NOT take ESPN's words on players, especially when they're using cut up quotes like they did with Woodson. ESPN likes to play sports like a Soap Opera.

As for this game, it's shakey. Very odd. The lack of penalties against the Vikings was incredibly noticeable. Notice how the only ones called were when they broke across our OL. You may say it probably would not have changed the outcome, but I disagree. Nearly every other play in the first half was a penalty, usually holding. If you don't think any of those 10 yard penalties would have stalled even one of their TD drives then, sorry, but you're being kind of dense.

I hate being like this, but the officiating destroyed this game. Not only did it extend multiple scoring drives for one and only one team, but it also completely changed how our defense approached the game. I mean, does anyone really believe the only penalties Minnesota committed were a pair of unabated to the QBs in the fourth quarter? Or that we didn't blitz once past the middle of the second quarter just 'cause?

I was at work and saw a little video of the phantom p/i call on woodson when he got that int in the end zone.

From what I heard it wasn't any where close to a p/i..

So that right there was 7 points the Vikings wouldnt have had

pnewtonjr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers didn't lose because of officiating, and yes, Woodson did interfere in the endzone. I wouldn't have called it, but it was interference.

The Packers lost because the play calling on offense is terrible. I've only seen two Packer games so far this year (I live in Cleveland) and last night I could tell you what they were running before the play started. It was terrible. On top of that, Grant doesn't get enough work to keep the opposing defense honest. How does Grant not even get a shot when you're at the goal line. It's crazy. The Packer line is all beat to hell and you're still running play action to the TE from the goal line. Yes, by the end of the game Grant gets his touches, but they come much too late for the opposing defense to even think about planning for him, they're all garbage time touches.

Rekna

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work and saw a little video of the phantom p/i call on woodson when he got that int in the end zone.

Except on that play there was also an offsides call on the defense so the Vikings had a free play. With the hold it was first and 1 without the hold it would have been second and 1 or 2. Since the Vikings scored on the next play it likely would not have made much of a difference as either way the interception would not have counted.

The vikings had a similar overturned interception last week against the 49ers where the Vikings caught an interception but there was a false start on the 49ers offense with a late whistle that brought the play back.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how arod never quit though, he was sacked 8 times!!!! most QBs would quit after that, but not aaron he hung tough and had a pretty decent game. the defense was 50/50 good run defense but we did not get prssure on favre AT ALL!!!! Al harris is worthless too. He got beat sooo many times it made me sick. and as far as Im concerned finley should have won the starting spot monday night, rodgers put that ball right in the numbers of lee and he muffed it THAT WAS HUGE for us. Hopefully the bye week will fix some problems we have.

AL HARRIS WORTHLESS!! ARE YOU INSANE! Half of the plays made on his side wasnt broken coverage by him but by derrick martin. We ran a cover 2 alot and favre exploited the coverage on top where the safety was SUPPOSED to be. Al did his job so get your facts straight before you talk **** about one of the best corners in the game.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB was also offsides that play so it doesnt matter. The pick wouldn't have counted either way

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Teddy got rid of Smith??? Couldnt he place Jackson on the PUP list with Blackmon and sign Smith and Meredith???

I think we are in for a long season...

I just dont think anyone knows when will Jackson and Bigby be available.

We were outplayed and outcoached yesterday.

We had to face a QB who wanted to win, with a cold blooded killer look on his eyes and we had a QB who wanted to "compete" with a scared look in his eyes, and I really like Rodgers.

We had to face a coach determinded to win, and we had a scared coach on our side, he seemed to be terrified to face Brett.

We seemed to have only ONE safety most of the game, in one play Brett had like 20 minutes to find a receiver.

Well TT got his load of cr@p back from Brett, he deserves it.

What will happen if the quennies make it to the big game? what if they win it? Should they build a 60 foot statue of TT outside the Metrodump???
:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Staff online

Members online