Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings 10/5: LOSE 30 - 23

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is, the game that EVERYONE and their mother is going to be talking about. I really want to tell you guys this is "just another football game", but I would be lying. This is a BIG divisional game that we MUST win!

I hate to say it, but the ViQueens are looking decent and we need to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to better our record against them.

Here's to sacking Brett Favre...

:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say it now....If the Packers dont jump to a fast lead or at least jump off to a fast start, they will have a long long day

I want screens and draws..We have not seen to much of those and I think doing those, even if they have little success, it will slow down the rush

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be a "gimmick" play early on, possibly in the first quarter. Be it a wr reverse, a wr or rb screen, or whatever. MM should do this to counter their agressive DL, and to put them honest, so he can run the ball better.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well You enjoy on your TV, We get nothing over here in the UK.
Man, how can you not have ESPN? I live in freaking Brazil and I got to watch SNF and MNF, as well as one "random" 1PM (ET) and one "random" 4PM (ET) game. Anyway, I'll post links to streams if I find them. There'll be ton of JustinTV links for MNF, but there are some you need to install some softwares...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens at the Patriots had better be on local tv here that is shaping up to be a great game. My buddy is a huge ravens fan and he is elated that they are off to a great start.

Hopefully you can catch the game online. How are the internet speeds across the pond?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking there will be tons of screens for the Monday Night game since it's been getting all this hype on ESPN.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up for a win. Who am I kidding??!!!??? Game day always gets me stoked for some Packer football!

I want huge chunks of yardage from the passing game tonight. Lee & Finley need big games as the middle of the field should be prime territory with Jennings & Driver demanding all the attention. The pass will have to be effective tonight & then maybe the run can develop. Nothing fancy, just some draw plays right between the tackles. Wells, Spitz & Sitton are unsung but with a solid lead block from the FB the Packers CAN seal a lane off between the fatso DT tandem & spring Grant for 3 to 5-yard bursts once the LBs are thinking pass. Maybe Wynn can provide a change of pace a couple of times.

Start with quick slants. Get the ball out of Rodgers' hands fast. No time for the pass rush to kick into gear. These two WRs are more than capable of forcing the D to respect their abilities & that should open up the intermediate middle of the field later on. Rodgers may have to roll away from the pressure to create enough time to hit those longer routes.

Rodgers will have to master the audible in order to become the elite QB we want him to be. No better time than tonight to get him some chances to take advantage of what his instincts are telling him the D has in store. It's time for him to come of age. Give him some latitude MM!!!

On D it's going to be a huge test of wills. Will GB have the heart, desire & intensity to smack A.D. down a few times? He runs with authority & a nasty attitude that must be matched by whomever gets that first shot. Don't buy into the fakes, just close in on him with speed, power & mindset that he's trying to get away with your 401K.

A nice gift or two would also go along way to getting MN out of their gameplan. A kick return or INT TD, like last season, gets the confidence primed & that could be the difference between getting it handed to you by A.D. all night or forcing the purple #4 to nut up or shut up.

That kind of plan for #4 has backfired on Packer opponents in the past but this is the Vikings & they already used up their annual magical moment last week.

GO PACK GO!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Start with quick slants. Get the ball out of Rodgers' hands fast. No time for the pass rush to kick into gear. These two WRs are more than capable of forcing the D to respect their abilities & that should open up the intermediate middle of the field later on. Rodgers may have to roll away from the pressure to create enough time to hit those longer routes.
If our OL can hold on for a second, we'll kill them in the passing game. They couldn't against the bears and the bengals, so (If I'm not wrong) their corners played close to the LOS, cutting our slants. Against the Rams, however, they tried the same, but the OL held for just the necessary time to allow our amazing duo to break free and Rodgers to deliver.

If the line holds a little bit, they're screwed. Play the short routes, and DD and Greg Jennings kill you deep. Give space, and we keep moving the chains.

I think that, coupled with stopping Peterson, are the keys to this game.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got 45 minutes left at work and the game has me all nervous and excited!

So, my keys for the game...
Packers offense
*Get off to a fast start.
*Run the ball, even if it doesn't work at the beginning. Need to wear down the D-line, will help late in the game.
*Protect Rodgers, give him time to throw. Obvious. The guy needs 2 seconds to throw the ball, or time to roll out and make a play.

Packers Defense
*Hold AP to 150 yards or less. Sounds like a lot, but holding this guy to the 100 mark is a win for any team. Just need to stop the big 80 yd TD run.
*Lock down the TE's. Favre knows we haven't covered TE's well in years. Shinacoe will be a big target.
*Blitz, Blitz, Blitz. Every position, every angle. They need to keep guys in Favre's face all day and get him making errant throws. Our CB's should be able to handle singal coverage for the most part.

If we can do 2 out of 3 in each category, I see a win.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is the ultimate traitor and anyone who doesn't think so can you remember the text messages that Chidlress and Favre were sharing when he was under contract to the Packers. The Queens were cleared of the charge. I wonder what the NFL thinks about that now. I hate that guy and I hope we never see his name in the ring of honor in Lambeau. Let the Queens have him.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is the ultimate traitor and anyone who doesn't think so can you remember the text messages that Chidlress and Favre were sharing when he was under contract to the Packers. The Queens were cleared of the charge. I wonder what the NFL thinks about that now. I hate that guy and I hope we never see his name in the ring of honor in Lambeau. Let the Queens have him.

Favre will be up there, no doubt. But I think that nothing happens until TT and MM are out of GB.

I've softened on my hatred of Favre a bit. I think both sides did stuff wrong. None of it really matters now. He's a Viking, so he's the enemy. Let's worry about the honoring of Favre until after he finally retires. Until that happens we won't know if Favre will even retire as a Packer, or want anything to do with the Packer organization.

I'll say this though. If a TC punter comes into camp in the next year or 2 with a #4 jersey, well, you'll know. But for tonight, and this season, let's just enjoy the games and hope for a SuperBowl!

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
time to head out of work to my parents' house and watch the game! Wish I had ESPN at my house.

Everyone enjoy the game!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dream on. Its only going to be a matter of time before he's up there

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

More lies and myths from the uneducated. What do you work for Fox News, Packedhouse?

:rotfl:

Larry.2222

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Pack Go!!!!!
We have to have a strong showing on the defence. Stop Peterson and we win the game.

Members online

Latest posts