Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings - 10/23: WIN 33 - 27

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The difference in the game. Ponders two INT's and the Packers getting 2 FG's off of them. All in all, about what I expected. Ponder would do ok, Peterson would get his yards, Allen his sacks and the Packer would win. Peterson should be the leading rusher after this game. Looking forward to the game in Lambeau. I think MN found their QB of the future.

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss a big play on D? Had to step away from the set to attend to something and when I got back the score was still 33-27, Packers had the ball 3rd and 7, made a first down to run out the clock. When I stepped away the Vikings has gotten back the ball and looked to be driving.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Minnesota... that was entirely on Robison. Even though I am a Vikings fan, I never would condone that sort of behavior by any player. Robison should have been ejected from the game. He'll be fined Tuesday.... $25,000 sound about right?

~Val

Should have been ejected. Any attack on a mans balls should be instant ejection lol

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And just for the heck of it, the Vikings offense had more yards than the Packers. 435-421. Not that it mattered in the end. Just interesting to me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Should have been ejected. Any attack on a mans balls should be instant ejection lol

Maybe they should have gone Bible Old Testament in enforcement...a crotch shot for a crotch shot...except let Crosby administer the punishment. I'll bet the Viking dude wouldn't do it again.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
im so sad we have to wait 13 days until we can see the pack play again. The team needs some much needed rest so i'm happy they'll be getting that.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea that was to close for comfort but 7-0 cant get mad ponder did look pretty good luckly woodsons a beast i never though id like woodson as a player bein a ohio state fan

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did you guys think about Ponder? I think he'll be great for many years to come. Anyways, just stoppin in to say good game, was nervewracking for both sides I think, but in the end you guys get your win and we get hope for the future.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder was clutch on final drives to make it a game. Nice accurate methodical throws. It ain't flashy but the chains move on. Nice young group of QB the NFC North has for next 5-7 years. Run defense wasn't terrible up the middle but the edges man.......murdered on key third downs. Nonetheless it wasn't pretty. Pass defense was solid not great but solid. Offense was fantastic up to 33-17 then stalled but pulled out in final minutes thanks to nice hard running. 7-0 is 7-0 at the end of the day. Next up is bye week to watch some NFC contenders play to see how well they compare maybe catch SD on monday too.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And just for the heck of it, the Vikings offense had more yards than the Packers. 435-421. Not that it mattered in the end. Just interesting to me.

Like I said in the chat. The Vikings *look* like a team that should be winning. I just don't get what's going on.

flynsqrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both times we've face a rookie (C. Newton and C. Ponder), we've elected/had to kick off to start the game...
and BOTH times the rookie QBs have had very successful first series resulting in TDs. I know the rationale
for this decision is to let our defense crush his confidence right away... unfortunately, it seems to have backfired.
Both times we've gone into halftime trailing...
Fortunately, we've come out firing on all cylinders in the 3rd quarter and re-taken the lead!!! I am comforted with
the fact that we are capable of doing that.
Given the choice, I think we should elect to receive the ball and let AR do his magic score the FIRST TD and keep the ball away from these rookie QBs for as long as possible (keep those butterflies swarming in their stomachs!!!) and when they do
come onto the field SACK THE CR-P out of them right away!!!
I hope Jennings' hand is okay... we need this bye week to get healthy again!

Go Pack Go!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Like I said in the chat. The Vikings *look* like a team that should be winning. I just don't get what's going on.
This is a classic example of a team beating itself. From the two interceptions that turned into 6 points to the blown safety coverage for a TD, the Vikings did it to themselves. The Packer never really stopped them on offense. For that matter I don't think the Packers have stopped many teams this year. The Rams, Denver. As a Packer fan I would be worried, your team just had a 1-5 team starting a rookie QB that completed less than 50% of his passes, with a defense that was missing 3 starting DBs come to within 6 points, and driving down the field with less than 5 minutes left. Granted they won, but the rest of the season won't be so easy.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a classic example of a team beating itself. From the two interceptions that turned into 6 points to the blown safety coverage for a TD, the Vikings did it to themselves. The Packer never really stopped them on offense. For that matter I don't think the Packers have stopped many teams this year. The Rams, Denver. As a Packer fan I would be worried, your team just had a 1-5 team starting a rookie QB that completed less than 50% of his passes, with a defense that was missing 3 starting DBs come to within 6 points, and driving down the field with less than 5 minutes left. Granted they won, but the rest of the season won't be so easy.

I think the future of your team now lies with Ponder. I haven't seen the Vikings play that well all season, offensively (McNabb). He was making some incredible passes, 3rd down conversions and he can run too. Not to make comparisons, but he reminded me a bit of McNabb in his glory days with the Eagles. Only Ponder was a bit better, he didn't ground the ball at the WR's feet. I think he played himself a really impressive game for the first time out of the gate and against the best team in the NFL. Congrats, Vikings fans, you guys have hope for the future. I think your season officially ended with the lose to the Packers yesterday but something even better may of come out of that game for your Vikes. You guys have yourselves a franchise QB, just hope your organization/ staff has the wits to keep him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the Vikings, all I got to say is, Ponder. The Vikings have one hell of a QB in him, a franchise QB no doubt. Enjoy almost beating the Packers. Coming within 6 late and making a game of it isn't so bad.

I say lie....He looks awful

Members online

Latest posts