Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Titans 9/3: LOSE 27 - 14

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discuss the upcoming game between the Packers and Titans.

I want to see how our O-Line will do against their pass rush. However, I do not see the starters playing for a long time for this game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're in for no more than 2 drives. I think the coaches have already evaluated what we got on the starters. Now it's going to be a fight for the 53 spot.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I smells our first loss. Damn Jeff Fisher for playing his starters for like a half in the fourth game.

Can't wait to see Barnett and Matthews though. Also anxious to see who plays themself off the running back depth chart. My guess? DeShawn Wynn.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd rather take a Loss and keep the starters out then a Win and a possible season ending injury. We already had a big scare against Arizona with Jennings.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup I agree. This game is utterly pointless for the people who know they are on the team and starting. Play everyone else who is still fighting for a position on the team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game earlier, but just started watching some online steam of it. Lumpkin just scored. Cool.

Is it just me or are the Titans announcers even worse then the Cardinal's. Man, these guys get on my nerves. Takes them a minute to even tell you who made the tackle.

I see Underwood got injured....

:frustrated:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, heard that too. Was sitting on the bench not in the training room. Wonder what happened?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji has an ankle injury, haven't heard anything else. Pat Lee got some sort of calf or ankle injury too. Not good.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night I had to mute the TN stream and turn on Paul's justintv stream. Those TN announcers didn't even tell us Raji was injured! :glare:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
My frustration isn't at specifically Underwood getting hurt, just the fact we have had so many injuries in the backfield.

Underwood hasn't blown me away either. Is it me or does he always seem a step late!?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My frustration isn't at specifically Underwood getting hurt, just the fact we have had so many injuries in the backfield.

Underwood hasn't blown me away either. Is it me or does he always seem a step late!?

When I watched the NFLN replay last night Rich Gannon remarked that Brandon Underwood's technique is still lacking. He's fast enough & strong enough but his footwork isn't up to NFL standards yet & that's why he appears slow & out of position.

I wasn't impressed with Pat Lee either. Too many mental mistakes, wrong angles & sloppy tackling.

Tramon Williams didn't hurt his standing as primary CB backup but I think most will agree the drop off in talent after Woodson & Harris is enormous. I'm glad the young guys have those two for guidance.

I'm wondering why the live broadcast had TN announcers & the replay had Kevin Harlin & Gannon, who are slanted toward GB. I thought those two did a great job, save for a few name & number mix-ups in the 2nd half which is expected in game 4 of the pre-season where no-names are prevelant.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah,

Kevin Harlan & Gannon are so far really interesting and good. I can't find any fault with them (Granted they are the GB announcers for the preseason). Harlan is a true PRO at play by play. They seem a lot more neutral than the Cardinal's or Titan's announcers. God those guys were horrible.

I thought the interview of Rogers by the lady on the sidelines (forget her name) was really good too. She's smooth and the questions/answers were interesting.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't get why Gannon is the color for us. I mean, yeah, he's friends with McCarthy, but that shouldn't net him a job. He doesn't have any relations with the Packers. That being said, I think he's doing a very good job...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I just don't get why Gannon is the color for us. I mean, yeah, he's friends with McCarthy, but that shouldn't net him a job. He doesn't have any relations with the Packers. That being said, I think he's doing a very good job...

I believe he was Harlan's partner on CBS during the regular season. I think it's so they can develop a good rapport before the national TV audiences see them.

Though I did read like a week or two again that CBS split them up.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts